advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gladiators: Nitro blames heart issues on steroid abuse.

Wow...he looks bad

well if he was 20lbs over weight it would be the same damn thing. not suggesting that steroids are consequence free.

Unfortunately we won't really know if it was a cause or not, since we don't know the following

- duration of time he used steroids
- which steroids he used
- how much of each steroid he used and when
- what his lifestyle habits were
- whether he used other non-performance enhancing drugs (red or prescription drugs)

Scroll down to the comments in that article.

02schneidt
18 Hours Ago

OK folks, you can believe what you want or pay attention to the following to the folks at TMZ. Hey TMZ Staff, Executives, or straight to Harvey Levin.....FACT CHECK, FACT CHECK, FACT CHECK. I have participated in Dan Clark's Gladiator event, met him personally, and even got an email from Dan telling many of his followers about this article you folks posted stating how you folks are writing stuff that is not true. Dan never told your staff or anyone that steroids caused his heart attack. Why do you folks post erroneous info on Dan or others without really fact checking? Is it that LIES and DIRT get you ratings? PROBABLY, HUH ??? How can you lie to the public stating Dan said steroids caused this heart attack? What happens when you find out one of your staff got his/her facts or story messed up? Do you do a retraction? I have seen you do it before, so do the right thing here and say WE AT TMZ ARE WRONG and MISQUOTED MR. CLARK and WE APOLOGIZE. Do the right thing, post a retraction to this article and when Dan heals up, invite him on the show and tell Mr. Clark you folks are sorry for doing the wrong thing and misquoting him or writing a lie in this article. DO THE RIGHT THING HARVEY......because one day, someone may post something about your life and it could be totally wrong and a lie, and you have a responsibility to all the fans of TMZ and to the public, especially with your background in law to TELL THE TRUTH, OK?.... so have your staff do the right thing.

Unfortunately we won't really know if it was a cause or not, since we don't know the following

- which steroids he used
- whether he used other non-performance enhancing drugs (red or prescription drugs)

I actually read his book a few years ago. LOL. From an AAS users standpoint, it was interesting. He talks about playing Football in Europe, buying Negma Parabolan, Sustanon in Mexico (and getting caught). The whole thing was about his escalating AAS use and experiences as Nitro. He mentions talking cycles and doses with Lyle Alzado, then going home and shooting so much gear he had a panic attack, IIRC.

Dude had an interesting life (in an 80's/LA superficial sort of way) and some really sad shit happened to him along the way.

Anyway, he used LOTS of gear for a long time and partied hard. In the book's end he alludes to being on TRT of some sort. Who knows what caused it, but it sounded like he used hard for a while, then backed way off. Who knows what's true though.

Last edited:
Pretty horrible article overall. Since they are extrapolating the minimal data they have and saying it's steroid abuse. I will venture to say it's from years of cocaine abuse. I have no facts to base that premise upon, so my story as accurate as TMZ's.

AAS above TRT doses cause heart damage and CV disease...period.

Ok but what causes the damage is it the compound itself or symptoms caused by said compound like blood pressure, And if we control those symptoms.

That and the crap oils we americans have been eating for a generation.

Ak

Last edited:
I actually read his book a few years ago. LOL. From an AAS users standpoint, it was interesting. He talks about playing Football in Europe, buying Negma Parabolan, Sustanon in Mexico (and getting caught). The whole thing was about his escalating AAS use and experiences as Nitro. He mentions talking cycles and doses with Lyle Alzado, then going home and shooting so much gear he had a panic attack, IIRC.

Dude had an interesting life (in an 80's/LA superficial sort of way) and some really sad shit happened to him along the way.

Anyway, he used LOTS of gear for a long time and partied hard. In the book's end he alludes to being on TRT of some sort. Who knows what caused it, but it sounded like he used hard for a while, then backed way off. Who knows what's true though.

Interesting. Just looking at pics of him as Nitro back in the day, his body wasn't that impressive to me considering he may have been a big user.

Wow...he looks bad

He's 50 years old. If he wasn't a former Gladiator, I think most would say he looks pretty good. That said, isn't he the one that said he suffered shame because girls would make fun of his shrucken steroid balls?

- which steroids he used

And most importantly, what was his diet was like?

Heart disease in the U.S. is still the #1 killer and I'm sure just a fraction of those that die have even tried steroids. But hey, lets blame it on steroids anyway.

He's 50 years old. If he wasn't a former Gladiator, I think most would say he looks pretty good. That said, isn't he the one that said he suffered shame because girls would make fun of his shrucken steroid balls?

Actually your right...... for 50 he doesn't look that bad. I guess i was comparing to his Gladiator days.

Heart disease in the U.S. is still the #1 killer and I'm sure just a fraction of those that die have even tried steroids. But hey, lets blame it on steroids anyway.

I included diet under the "lifestyle habits" category

AAS above TRT doses cause heart damage and CV disease...period.

so does overeating, sex, drinking too much water, running when its too hot out, lack of sleep and the list goes on. i love all these pointless post people have been making lately. Anything in excess could be harmful then again it might not so its all relative. im actually wasting valuable seconds ill never get back because every bodybuilder is always right and the other people are wrong no matter what the facts are....

so does overeating, sex, drinking too much water, running when its too hot out, lack of sleep and the list goes on. i love all these pointless post people have been making lately. Anything in excess could be harmful then again it might not so its all relative. im actually wasting valuable seconds ill never get back because every bodybuilder is always right and the other people are wrong no matter what the facts are....

The stupidity in your response is almost unbelievable.

Ok but what causes the damage is it the compound itself or symptoms caused by said compound like blood pressure, And if we control those symptoms.

That and the crap oils we americans have been eating for a generation.

Ak

Two primary mechanisms:

1) Adverse changes to lipid profile combined with increased thrombosis = high risk of early MI / ACS event

or

2) Acute toxic effects on cardiac muscle, leading to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, inefficiency, cell death, and potentially sudden cardiac failure.

But sure, water and sex are this bad and are causing people to drop dead before 50 in high percentages, right? lmao. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Yes, except heart disease is killing most people at much older ages than ACS/MI or sudden cardiac failure from AAS. You're talking out of your ass. VERY VERY few people who aren't morbidly obese die before the age of 50 from CV-related issues. Heart disease does kill plenty, but it's mostly those in the 65-85 year old range, not healthy men in the 30-50 range. BIG difference.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws