YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gladiators: Nitro blames heart issues on steroid abuse.

Yes, except heart disease is killing most people at much older ages than ACS/MI or sudden cardiac failure from AAS. You're talking out of your ass. VERY VERY few people who aren't morbidly obese die before the age of 50 from CV-related issues. Heart disease does kill plenty, but it's mostly those in the 65-85 year old range, not healthy men in the 30-50 range. BIG difference.

**broken link removed**

"In men, the risk for heart attack increases significantly after the age of 45. In women, heart attacks are more likely to occur in the years after menopause (usually, after the age of 50). However, younger men and women can also have heart attacks."

**broken link removed**

Yeah, talking out my ass, LOL.

NEXT!

Never discount genetic factors. I would liken it to the hard drinking individual who dies at 25 from cirrhosis of the liver, versus the hard drinking individual who dies at 90 because he fell down the stairs. Unless you are living an absolutely clean, and monastic life, then every single thing you put in your body whether it be through food, or simply breathing the air in a major city has an affect. That affect will be mitigated simply and profoundly through genetic factors. The poster is right. If you smoke and live on a fast food diet, (all of America basically) or if you live a healthy lifestyle BUT use too much gear - then the differences are NIL. Actually trt doses are still way above what a normal male would produce at the given age it is usually prescribed (40+) and it seems to have mostly positive affects on the body. Believe it or not 150mg a week of Test E will put you into the upper ranges. They've actually prescribed Anavar in the past for liver disease, and there are studies that oxandrolone has a positive affect on lipid profiles- not too mention the study on burn patients. Anabolics are MEDICINE...let us not forget people poison themselves every year from taking too many vitamins.

We can argue til were blue in the face about what caused it, AAS or not. However, the fact is we have no idea of any of a ton of variables that come into play. Therefore any speculation is just that and not based on any substantial facts.

Wow...he looks bad

He doesn't look that bad. Who knows if he was a drinker or a smoker etc. My uncle looks way worse and he is 50 with stents etc., never used steroids or illegal drugs. Not enough info but I would like to think it wasn't AS lol but who knows.

Last edited:
Interesting. Just looking at pics of him as Nitro back in the day, his body wasn't that impressive to me considering he may have been a big user.

Yeah, kinda typical 80's powerlifter of football player look. The "Test n' Deca" look. LOL. But he's said to have benched over 500 raw, so if it's true, he was strong as his dose would indicate. Just not a BBer look.

**broken link removed**

"In men, the risk for heart attack increases significantly after the age of 45. In women, heart attacks are more likely to occur in the years after menopause (usually, after the age of 50). However, younger men and women can also have heart attacks."

**broken link removed**

Yeah, talking out my ass, LOL.

NEXT!

Right, so I was off by 5 years. How many bodybuilders are dying before 50 and what percentage of these deaths in the general pop are after 50? You're sadly missing the point. Keep deluding yourself. Yes, steroids aren't causing high rates of ACS and sudden cardiac failure in users. Keep thinking that since it hasn't happened to you and you have no idea how to analyze and interpret data. Where did you go to school? Hardknocks U?

Go look at the list of bodybuilders, powerlifters, and strongmen that have died from CV related issues in the last 5-10 years and tell me how many were above 50. Your chart would suggest the vast majority should be above 50. YOu have no idea how to interpret data. This is what we call cherry picking by someone without a science background.

This is very flawed data. How about you remove predisposing morbidity and see what these numbers fall to and what % are people on steroids or with another predisposition. This is terrible interpretation of data. This shit may work on an uneducated meat head, but don't try it on someone who does this for a living.

Last edited:
Way too much generalization to be meaningful, No dosage, duration , compound predisposition etc.

Ak

He doesn't look that bad. Who knows if he was a drinker or a smoker etc. My uncle looks way worse and he is 50 with stents etc., never used steroids or illegal drugs. Not enough info but I would like to think it wasn't AS lol but who knows.

It probably may have contributed and accelerated things but your right not enough info.

Ak

I had a friend that died last year at 48 . He didnt drink,smoke,use steroids or rec drugs .he wasnt overweight and lived a pretty healthy lifestyle .one day his daughter woke up and found him dead on the couch,cause of death heart attack

Another thing to factor in CDJack and Pressing, is how many people die from Steriod use that never gets classified as that was the cause. When someone 30 years old dies from a heart attack or stroke (steriod induced), it doesn't exactly leave a definitive trace that screams..."Steriods killed this guy". It simply gets logged as a heart attack....case closed.

Same goes for just about every other issue steriods can cause. How many kidney and liver failures get logged in the statistical database as steroid induced? None probably, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I doubt Flex Wheeler, Tom Prince, and Don Long's kidney failure was by a coincidence of bad luck.

And one last thing. Do any of you believe you can blast/cruise for year after year, along with competing and putting you HDL in the low single digit numbers and not have plaque coated arteries? I bet we have some members on this board under 40 that if they chest was cracked open would appear to be a 80 year old if the doctor didn't know any better. Remember, you don't get chest pains and symptoms from plaque build up until it is far to late.

Just wanted to say, I'm not trying to lecture any of you. Just point out the facts of what we are really doing to our bodies. I myself am doing the same shit as the rest of you. I think monitoring yourself, taking the right supplements, and also knowing when it is time to go on TRT and give up on being 250+ (or the dream of it) is what will give us the best chance at a long healthy live. Even then it is quite a large risk we are taking.

When i read the comments at the bottom of that article it made my blood boil. The general public continue to talk out of their asses when it comes to steroids. Just anoher reason to keep my mouth shut about what i do.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner