over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

glucophage - Elvia1023

I have always used normal metformin and never had an issue with gut problems or anything but recently all I could find was metformin extended release and that shit definitely puts me on the toilet....I have read the reason is because it kills the good bacteria in the gut....soem guys recommend eating saurkraut on it to counter effect it

Just started using metformin due to fasted levels coming back at 100-107 (even post protein-fat rest days). The interesting thing about it is it really doesn’t seem to act like an active “GDA” - it doesn’t really force down blood sugars like you will see with others like berberine for example, which will make me and others go near hypo. I believe it has a more cumulative effect over time. The only immediate effect was hitting the toilet a hour later like clockwork lol - but hell, for some of us that’s not a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does metformin make anyone else hungry? Since starting metformin my appetite is increased!!

Does metformin make anyone else hungry? Since starting metformin my appetite is increased!!

i did feel increased appetite for carbs, assuming it s not absorbing much...had an apple pie at night after workout, followed by 1000mg of metformin and 5-6 hrs later when I woke up, ate 12 blueberry light English muffins with 1000mg of Metformin, had the runs in mid day, and still was 0.5 lbs lighter from the day before, and looked leaner....if i eat something sugary in the evening, next day I always wake up bloated and have barely any appetite, but not this time.

The last time I took Metgormin I had a terrible diarrhea for 4 days, but I was also eating sugarless candy, which has laxative effects.

I have taken metformin a few times but never had diarrhea.

Matt Porter says it lowers test.

Personally I would not use it very often, I still have to find my best way to use it.

https://mpasupps.com/blogs/news/stay-big-while-getting-shredded-with-metformin

IT can lower test in females, also who here isn't injecting test?

Look eat some carbs and take Met with it, the Glut-4 activation described in data has ZERO effect in real life. Guys are thinking that Met will act like GDA. IT DOESN'T. Met can make you go hypo but not the way you are thinking and that would disprove this idea that the Glute-4 activation is so pronounced.
Data suggests Met may inhibit carb injection if they are in the gut at same time.

Inhibits liver from releasing glucose
-That means less insulin (mostly in a fasted period)
--That means improved sensitivity (for the most part)
May inhibit carbs if in gut at same time.

Met will deplete b12 in most people. Met will not lower your 7500 level test. Met gives zero fucks about your shitty gut biome, it will improve it over time (there's a study) but some people can just never tolerate it. I have seen people fix or improve their biome with the addition of fermented foods ect then tolerate Met better.

Just started using metformin due to fasted levels coming back at 100-107 (even post protein-fat rest days). The interesting thing about it is it really doesn’t seem to act like an active “GDA” - it doesn’t really force down blood sugars like you will see with others like berberine for example, which will make me and others go near hypo. I believe it has a more cumulative effect over time. The only immediate effect was hitting the toilet a hour later like clockwork lol - but hell, for some of us that’s not a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. My dad has been on this for years. Teva brand I think. But he would take one, and measure his blood sugar to see what effect it had.

Dr. told him that some people do see a slight hint of the drug in their system doing it's thing about 2 hours after taking a pill....but to give it at least 14 days to build up in his system to start seeing consistent results.

So along those lines whether taking regular or extended release ....I don't think it really matters when you take it as long as you get it in you on a regular basis and titrate up slowly. He was told that the ER version was something developed because of the large number of people that experienced digestive distress with the regular version although a lot do not have that issue anyway.

Look eat some carbs and take Met with it, the Glut-4 activation described in data has ZERO effect in real life. Guys are thinking that Met will act like GDA. IT DOESN'T. Met can make you go hypo but not the way you are thinking and that would disprove this idea that the Glute-4 activation is so pronounced.
Data suggests Met may inhibit carb injection if they are in the gut at same time.

Met will deplete b12 in most people. Met will not lower your 7500 level test. Met gives zero fucks about your shitty gut biome, it will improve it over time (there's a study) but some people can just never tolerate it. I have seen people fix or improve their biome with the addition of fermented foods ect then tolerate Met better.

Good post. So, basically if we use Met with carb meals, it will block their absorption which would kind of defeat the purpose of consuming carbs. Would you use Met with a non-carb meal to to get the benefits of insulin sensitivity?

Any ideas why metformin seems to increase my hunger rather than decrease it?

Any ideas why metformin seems to increase my hunger rather than decrease it?

It's a really common side effect. As is decreased hunger. It's most likely lowering your blood glucose too much and that could have an effect. This could also be a factor in why so many feel ill on metformin. Many also sleep a lot more and that can come into things (perhaps the b12 deficiency too). Metformin has also been shown to increase plasma ghrelin levels so that could be a factor too. It's likely a cascade of events contributing to things but the changes in blood glucose will be the main thing. The hunger increase effect will probably be more pronounced on a lower carb diet and perhaps people using the extended release form.

Last edited:
It's a really common side effect. As is decreased hunger. It's most likely lowering your blood glucose too much and that could have an effect. This could also be a factor in why so many feel ill on metformin. Many also sleep a lot more and that can come into things (perhaps the b12 deficiency too). Metformin has also been shown to increase plasma ghrelin levels so that could be a factor too. It's likely a cascade of events contributing to things but the changes in blood glucose will be the main thing. The hunger increase effect will probably be more pronounced on a lower carb diet and perhaps people using the extended release form.

Elvia interesting thoughts. From what I understood was that the most common side effect besides GI distress was decrease appetite not increased. I guess I don't understand how lower blood sugar could increase appetite but then again I am not a biology wiz.

If someone, aka me, were to plan on supplementing with metformin long term are there any vitamins I should be taking or things I should look out for? I know you mentioned b12 but would be curious to hear some of our seasoned vets opinions on long term metformin and the need to supplement with additional vitamins on top of the metformin

Metformin doesn't block carbs. It increases uptake as Kinglewy said, otherwise diabetics wouldn't use it.

Good post. So, basically if we use Met with carb meals, it will block their absorption which would kind of defeat the purpose of consuming carbs. Would you use Met with a non-carb meal to to get the benefits of insulin sensitivity?

I take am pm on empty stomach. I only eats carbs around workouts typically so I really don't take it then.

dont know if it blocks or doesnt cabs, but u will get a bit flat and and will lose weigh if not overeating..I ve heard both from experienced bbers....The articles we read online are mostly written after researches been done on ppl with diabetes or healthy ppl, not on ppl taking gear or eating 1000g of carbs. I ve personally have read - one bber saying he gains size - in fact in some indirect way - blocks muscle building, the alot of guys said they lost weight, got leaner, some said - didnt do anything for them......

I take am pm on empty stomach. I only eats carbs around workouts typically so I really don't take it then.

That should actually kinda have the GH fat burning effect in the body theoretically - make u use fat as aenergy when working out....I was think about trying it with before work out with a no carb meal...,

bro it doesn't lower your blood glucose so much you feel it. It can lower A1C over time but it not like your BG is 90 you take Met and now its 70. Most people have improvements of a1c but there glucose is still in normal range.Increased hunger is uncommon. Decreased is common as insulin is a factor in hunger.
Met has be HEAVILY studies and under scrutiny. Not to mention used in a sick population of people and unlike other diabetic drugs Met has NOT been associated with hypoglycemia.

Last edited:
bro it doesn't lower your blood glucose so much you feel it. It can lower A1C over time but it not like your BG is 90 you take Met and now its 70. Most people have improvements of a1c but there glucose is still in normal range.Increased hunger is uncommon. Decreased is common as insulin is a factor in hunger.
Met has be HEAVILY studies and under scrutiny. Not to mention used in a sick population of people and unlike other diabetic drugs Met has NOT been associated with hypoglycemia.

The hunger or increased appetite thing is what confuses me. What metabolic process does metformin impact that could increase hunger?

Right after DNP, I would honestly rate Metformin as the most potent fat burning tool I've ever used. :)

Just like Rambo, too bad living on the toilet is not exactly how I love spending my days, otherwise I wouldn't mind using it year round to keep me lean when I'm weak with sweets... lol... :eek::p

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws