over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glucophage

animal71

Banned
Glucophage is an interesting bodybuilding drug because it helps gains like very few drugs out there, maybe the only thing out there that can be compared to insulin. I find any kind of glucose disposal agents work well for me and had good results with glucophage, good fat loss compare to the fat gains with insulin. overall would always rate glugophage above insulin IMO

Glucophage is an interesting bodybuilding drug because it helps gains like very few drugs out there, maybe the only thing out there that can be compared to insulin. I find any kind of glucose disposal agents work well for me and had good results with glucophage, good fat loss compare to the fat gains with insulin. overall would always rate glugophage above insulin IMO

Metformin sounds like a very good thing to add for promoting lean gains and helping limit fat gain. For some reason, you,really don't hear a lot about it or anyone using it. It's something I'd consider using myself. Maybe avaialbility is an issue

Metformin has been discussed a lot on this site. There are several very good reads on it if you do a search. I cant remember off the top of my head who the OP were, but again, some very good reads.

its a miracle drug on paper but the sides are brutal for a lot of guys

its a miracle drug on paper but the sides are brutal for a lot of guys

Aside from potential digestive upset (which lots of people don't get), it has basically no sides. It is extremely well tolerated and has an abundance of beneficial effects not even related to bodybuilding.

Acidosis, the only other side effect in the literature, is extremely rare and only happens in those with majorly compromised kidney function and/or severe dehydration. It is considered a very safe and well tolerated drug by the entire medical community.

Instant release versions are more likely to cause digestive upset, but no one really uses instant release versions anymore--or at least they shouldn't be.

Last edited:
I'm most interested in all the other health benefits i have been hearing about from it. Anti cancer, great for heart and plaque build up, etc. Starting to sound like a drug everyone should be on

Aside from potential digestive upset (which lots of people don't get), it has basically no sides. It is extremely well tolerated and has an abundance of beneficial effects not even related to bodybuilding.

Acidosis, the only other side effect in the literature, is extremely rare and only happens in those with majorly compromised kidney function and/or severe dehydration. It is considered a very safe and well tolerated drug by the entire medical community.

Instant release versions are more likely to cause digestive upset, but no one really uses instant release versions anymore--or at least they shouldn't be.

Not an expert on this but from what i understand glucophage helps your body better use the insulin you're making vs insulin injects which is synthetic?. Sounds alot safer

i hear it can cause appettite loss,vomit and diarrhea but no major life threatening side effects can occur if not used proper.

I'm most interested in all the other health benefits i have been hearing about from it. Anti cancer, great for heart and plaque build up, etc. Starting to sound like a drug everyone should be on

I read an article in LEF magazine recently about how great it is. I couldn't find the specific one online but if you google "life extension metformin", you'll see a variety of articles praising it.

I thought it just kept you from digesting/absorbing carbs, hence the chocolate mousse foam coming out of my ass:eek: It was literally shit foam! I got a bunch from an overseas pharm years ago when people were posting articles about how great it was on paper. A fat diabetic chick at my works takes this stuff every day she told me she hasn't had a solid shit in two years. Didnt seem to do anything. Seems alot easier to just watch what you eat a little better:lightbulb:

Last edited:
I thought it just kept you from digesting/absorbing carbs, hence the chocolate mousse foam coming out of my ass:eek: It was literally shit foam! I got a bunch from an overseas pharm years ago when people were posting articles about how great it was on paper. A fat diabetic chick at my works takes this stuff every day she told me she hasn't had a solid shit in two years. Didnt seem to do anything. Seems alot easier to just watch what you eat a little better:lightbulb:

pics or it didn't happen

jk. pls dont

There is one more side effect I forgot about--decreased testosterone production, but this is only an issue in non-drug using bodybuilders. In natural guys, it can be a real problem, as its suppressive effects are fairly significant--in both men and women.

This is not a typical experience, especially when using extended release versions, taking it with food, and not taking too much at once.

There is one more side effect I forgot about--decreased testosterone production, but this is only an issue in non-drug using bodybuilders. In natural guys, it can be a real problem, as its suppressive effects are fairly significant--in both men and women.

Would that be an issue for someone on TRT?

Mike,

Since this drug has an array of health benefits, do you think it is something we can (and should) safely use year round? If so, at what dose?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear