over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glucose and A1C Levels

FITABOLICREP

Banned
new labs pulled glucose is 101 and A1C is 5.3? Any need for Metformin or Berberine? Suggestions?

Same thing, berberine will drop it back in range BUT it’s other factors causing

Bad diet
No cardio
To much food
Gh
Late meals
Liver/ Panc problems
Or what no one see your over stimulated. To much adrenaline!!!!!!!

I`ll add possibly high cortisol raising BG. Right there with being stressed and adrenaline

new labs pulled glucose is 101 and A1C is 5.3? Any need for Metformin or Berberine? Suggestions?

First, was your labs done fasted? If not, then the 101 BG would be based on when your last meal was and may not be an issue. If it was fasted then that is on the higher side.

However, your AIC is not that bad. I would get a glucose meter and check your fasted BG in the morning for 3-4 days straight so you get a better picture of where you stand before you start adding in supps like metformin or berberine (not that I am against them at all but I don't think they should be default).

If your fasted BG is consistently above 90 then I would first recommend adding in ~30 min of cardio 3-4 days a week. That alone will greatly increase insulin sensitivity if your are currently not doing any cardio. Again, I would do this before adding in metformin or berberine.

The other obvious thing to do is look at your diet and if your body fat is above say 14-15% then I would look at trying to bring that down a bit.

If after doing that and your fasted BG is still high then you can look at adding in metformin or berberine. But if it's still high then I would also suspect it would be due to GH and then I would recommend taking a break from the GH until your fasted BG is under 80-85.

If you really want to know your insulin sensitivity, then next time you get your blood test done have them measure your insulin. Then you can use your insulin level & your fasted BG to calculate your HOMA-IR (they have a calculator online) to determine insulin sensitivity.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it was done fasted. Ive pulled labs a lot over this year and seems like my fasted BG is always in the low 100's. One lab it was 93 and I was off the hgh then. I just started cardio so will see what happens with it. I eat pretty clean but the nights get me with the ice-cream.

A1c is fine you are pre-diabetic at 6.4 and above. Diabetic type 2 at 7.0.
I know I struggle with this for many years.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it was done fasted. Ive pulled labs a lot over this year and seems like my fasted BG is always in the low 100's. One lab it was 93 and I was off the hgh then. I just started cardio so will see what happens with it. I eat pretty clean but the nights get me with the ice-cream.

I have been dealing with same exact thing for over a year, A1C is perfect but fasted blood glucose is on the high side but not over that point. (Which is just as bad)

Mine is 100% cortisone and adrenaline with huge late night meal. Trust me when I say start cardio every day, it is magic at restarting your system at being insulin resistants. Do not use any carbs during the workout. Try to keep meals away from workouts( your not going to loos any size) and right before bed. Berberine will kick start this process and I would suggest using it.

If you do this for a couple months and still like this you need to MAKE the doctor look into some other factors. This is t the first time I have heard this many ppl are actually going through exactly the same thing. High fasted but good A1C. I have heard many theories why it is happening but the best thing I have heard is the stress hormones are what is causing it.

Also no GH if ur on therapy 1-2 iu eod or e3d

First, was your labs done fasted? If not, then the 101 BG would be based on when your last meal was and may not be an issue. If it was fasted then that is on the higher side.

However, your AIC is not that bad. I would get a glucose meter and check your fasted BG in the morning for 3-4 days straight so you get a better picture of where you stand before you start adding in supps like metformin or berberine (not that I am against them at all but I don't think they should be default).

If your fasted BG is consistently above 90 then I would first recommend adding in ~30 min of cardio 3-4 days a week. That alone will greatly increase insulin sensitivity if your are currently not doing any cardio. Again, I would do this before adding in metformin or berberine.

The other obvious thing to do is look at your diet and if your body fat is above say 14-15% then I would look at trying to bring that down a bit.

If after doing that and your fasted BG is still high then you can look at adding in metformin or berberine. But if it's still high then I would also suspect it would be due to GH and then I would recommend taking a break from the GH until your fasted BG is under 80-85.

If you really want to know your insulin sensitivity, then next time you get your blood test done have them measure your insulin. Then you can use your insulin level & your fasted BG to calculate your HOMA-IR (they have a calculator online) to determine insulin sensitivity.

HOMA-IR Fasted BG x Fasted insulin level divided by 405. Ideally it should be close to 1.0.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member