over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glutamine/Fasted Cardio

showstopper83

Registered
Is glutamine technically a protein with calories? Would it be acceptable to take prior to fasted cardio in the morning?

There is no one set answer to this. Any of those may take you out of ketosis which you are most probably not in anyway, but if they allow you to perform harder and burn more calories then it offsets whatever. If you are concerned about conversion to carbs, use a glucometer and see what it does.

What not just stay fasted rather than try to find some way around it.??

What benefits do you think that you will achieve by adding Glutamine or EAA during "fasted" cardio that will offset the actual fact of being fasted.??

I think people worry WAY to much about being catabolic

What not just stay fasted rather than try to find some way around it.??

What benefits do you think that you will achieve by adding Glutamine or EAA during "fasted" cardio that will offset the actual fact of being fasted.??

I think people worry WAY to much about being catabolic
Absolutely but then is there really a benefit to fasted cardio in the first place, you know? Rhetorical question as that has been debated a lot before.

Absolutely but then is there really a benefit to fasted cardio in the first place, you know? Rhetorical question as that has been debated a lot before.

People that are far smarter and educated than me have discussed this ad nauseam. There might be very small benefit for really lean guys. For 99.9% of the population, it doesn't matter.

Lyle McDonald wrote an excellent Two-Parter on it:

TL;DR: Don't fret it, just do your daily cardio whenever it fits your schedule the best 😉

If I’m doing fasted cardio i use nothing but water. Maybe black coffee if I need it.
This here.
Same here. I might have a cup of coffee before fasted cardio but that's it. I've been doing it this way for years and I'm one of the few members here who consistently gets shredded every year.

If I’m doing fasted cardio i use nothing but water. Maybe black coffee if I need it.
This, except I use a zero calorie energy drink, technically probably 5 cals. Also yohimbine, ephedrine and gh

fasted = 8+ hours from last meal / spike. Nothing before except water or black coffee (nothing added)

People that are far smarter and educated than me have discussed this ad nauseam. There might be very small benefit for really lean guys. For 99.9% of the population, it doesn't matter.

Lyle McDonald wrote an excellent Two-Parter on it:

TL;DR: Don't fret it, just do your daily cardio whenever it fits your schedule the best 😉
Lyle is the man, like I always say, he's "always" right. People talk about experts in different fields, well this is the expert in the "evidence based" fitness community or whatever you want to call it, the OG. I actually like it that he's so difficult personality wise, he isn't part of the nauseating cliques that boost each others content on social media and overlook double standards for evidence requirements.

Sort of related, but yesterday I saw a Layne post on IG and he was "busting the myth" of females getting too muscular from gym training. How can this stuff still exite someone like Norton? Well I guess he's become wealthy from repeating this basic stuff for decades.

Lyle is the man, like I always say, he's "always" right. People talk about experts in different fields, well this is the expert in the "evidence based" fitness community or whatever you want to call it, the OG. I actually like it that he's so difficult personality wise, he isn't part of the nauseating cliques that boost each others content on social media and overlook double standards for evidence requirements.

Sort of related, but yesterday I saw a Layne post on IG and he was "busting the myth" of females getting too muscular from gym training. How can this stuff still exite someone like Norton? Well I guess he's become wealthy from repeating this basic stuff for decades.

This is just the nature of both of their personalities - always has been, always will be. Their quirks are part the whole shebang that made them both successful, in their own ways.
As for the original question, I highly doubt either glutamine or EAAs (as long as they aren't in excessive amounts) will impact your progress in any discernible way.
Think of comparing the width of a pubic hair to the width of Eurasia.
I would bet a very large sum of money that zero shows have ever been won or lost (or any other placings decided) on the factor of using something like this pre-cardio.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131