over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glutamine really worthless?

balla06

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How many of you guys still use glutamine? How many of you think it's a waste of money and does not help aid recovery?

Yes, glutamine has benefits with regard to glycogen resynthesis, helps with immunity, intestinal health and aids in protein sysnthesis... it is so inexpensive that it is worth including in a daily supplement protocol... (the main reasons I use it are for intestinal health and immunity).

Last edited:
I personally notice a HUGE difference in immune support when training intensely…I used to get sick whenever I would push myself for more than a few days and when I use it, I honestly don't really ever get FULLY sick, still get run down if I push it but I can then rest for a day and be back to good. without it, I would push it and bam, get a cold or flu. Constantly. It's an absolute must for me.

that being said, I have never noticed any remote muscle building affects, simply immune support and recovery.

Glutamine for better health

think you nailed it with this post, I have noticed I get sick easier if I dont use glutamine for recovery....

I personally notice a HUGE difference in immune support when training intensely…I used to get sick whenever I would push myself for more than a few days and when I use it, I honestly don't really ever get FULLY sick, still get run down if I push it but I can then rest for a day and be back to good. without it, I would push it and bam, get a cold or flu. Constantly. It's an absolute must for me.

that being said, I have never noticed any remote muscle building affects, simply immune support and recovery.

awesome for stabilization of blood sugar, but other "supps" r usually employed to understand the full benefit

Yes, it's useless on its own and any protein powder you buy has glutamine in it anyway. The only time you might want to buy glutamine on its own is if you were taking slin, since it makes you go less hypo.

Most of glutamine's claims (the ones that aren't completely fabricated) are results from I.V. administration...which, of course they never tell you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So the glutamine debate continues. I guess it depends on who you ask…some people say they love glutamine…while others claim it's a useless supplement. I honestly can say that when I start feeling warn down..glutamine helps. In addition, as someone else mentioned, it's great for the immune system. However, I don't believe that it builds muscle.

I notice that I have better pumps when I take glutamine on a regular basis. So in my opinion, I believe glutamine serves a purpose. I like the micronize glutamine….shit…it's cheap.

How many of you guys still use glutamine? How many of you think it's a waste of money and does not help aid recovery?

I use SyntheL-GLUTAMINE for recovery, almost everyday.

A lot of you sound like bodybuilding.com marks. LOL at anyone who buys glutamine alone if they aren't taking insulin.

Any affect on adrenal type symptoms from anyone.

Any affect on adrenal type symptoms from anyone.

I never have... Just help with overall fatigue when the immune system is threatened. Really helps prevent me from getting sick, sick and my gastroenterologist recommended it to help with my intestines when I was having GI issues and I continued using it, so it helped my intestinal flora and therefore enable better assimilation of nutrients.

Has anyone used and had success with the trans alanyl glutamine? The claims include better solubility in water without any degradation and better assimilation, when compared against free form l-glutamine.

Has anyone used and had success with the trans alanyl glutamine? The claims include better solubility in water without any degradation and better assimilation, when compared against free form l-glutamine.

I use glutamine for it's gut health properties. If it also does something for muscle then that's a freebie for me

Most decent supplements pre or post workout formulas have Glutamine in them now days... Glutamine alone is pointless, I'm not going to suck a companies dick an say they have better "glutamine than another" yes I've tried synth-glutamine and it was no better than Walmart glutamine!!!!!!!!! Like someone stated about glutamine is super cheap!

Marlo's coming, marlo's coming, that show rules...did you know that actor is british or English has a accent

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner