over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glutathione why NAC is so great...

LK3

Verified Sponsor
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Just wanted to start sharing some info with you guys on one of my favorite sups, it addresses some many concerns associates with our life style and improves or protects against so many common disease and problems.

ill add more as we go.

check these out.

the first one is directly related to performance enhancement.

An MD in town here will prescibe Glutathione. Its about 40 bucks for 10cc at 100mg/cc and he recomends 1/2cc IM a day or every other day for his patients with severe health issues such as Kidney disorders and fibro-Dr. Patricia Salvato does 1 cc twice a week. I have a bottle in front of me and it expires pretty quickly and has to be shipped with ice to keep it stable. It can also be done intravenous with reduced glutathione, the glutathione is deluted and you inject 5-7ccs I believe.

DOES GLUTATHIONE ENHANCE EXERCISE PERFORMANCE? [A CASE STUDY]
By Dr. Bill Misner Ph.D.

GLUTATHIONE DETERMINANTS

Endogenus glutathione, a tri-peptide often referred to as "Reduced Glutathione", is composed of Three amino acids: L-Cysteine, Glycine, and L-Glutamic Acid. Smaller peptides of 2 or 3 amino acids are absorbed without further reduction or delay, but there is some debate as to the effectiveness of taking peptides as opposed to free amino acids for in enhancing endogenous glutathione stores. Most glutathione is found in the liver where it detoxifies harmful compounds later excreted in bile. Some glutathione is found in the red and white blood cells, lungs, and Intestinal tract. The primary biological function of glutathione is to act as a non-enzymatic reducing agent to assist in cysteine thiol side chains in a reduced state on the surface of proteins. Reduced glutathione is involved in the synthesis and repair of DNA, assists the recycling of vitamins C and E, blocks free radical damage, enhances the antioxidant activity of vitamin C, facilitates the transport of amino acids, and plays a critical role in detoxification. It is the base material for several other key antioxidant enzyme systems: glutathione-peroxidase, glutathione- reductase, and glutathione-transferase. Decline in glutathione concentrations in intracellular fluids correlate directly with indicators of longevity. Decline in endurance performance may parallel decline in glutathione concentrations imposed by the aging process.

EXTREME ENDURANCE TRAINING ACCELERATES GLUTATHIONE LOSS

Researchers accessed the antioxidant status and markers of oxidative damage in the members of the U.S. Men's Alpine Ski Team during 10 days of intense training. Seven measures of antioxidant status were determined using Trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity, uric oxidase, alpha- tocopherol, total glutathione, cytosolic glutathione peroxidase, and superoxide dismutase. The Results suggested that antioxidant status of elite alpine skiers declined during training. [1] Further studies of blood values determined the importance of glutathione upon potentiating maximal oxygen carrying capacity. Higher glutathione levels influence red blood cell count, hematocrit, and hemoglobin. Conversely when red blood cells, hematocrit, and hemoglobin are reduced during anemia, low glutathione is implicated; the addition of GSH has been shown to resolve the aforementioned low blood markers. Whether antioxidant supplementation will enhance performance remains controversial. Exercise-induced changes in antioxidant scavengers and associated enzymes (e.g., glutathione, tocopherol, and glutathione peroxidase) provide clues about demand imposed on the defense system. Exercise training is observed to result in an augmented antioxidant system and a reduction in lipid peroxidation. Supplementation with antioxidants appears to reduce lipid peroxidation but has not been shown to enhance exercise performance. [2]

REPLACING GLUTATHIONE LEVELS

Intravenous glutathione administration may provide the most direct and effective route for increasing intracellular glutathione levels. The glutathione (GSH) antioxidant system is foremost among the cellular protective mechanisms. Depletion of this small molecule is a common consequence of increased formation of reactive oxygen species during increased cellular activities. This phenomenon may occur in the lymphocytes during the development of an immune response or also in muscular cells during strenuous exercise. Time and transit of dietary oral GSH substrates may be a positive means of glutathione repletion. However, cysteine, found in milk proteins, is reported to be a crucial limiting amino acid for intracellular GSH. [3] Replenishing glutathione from dietary supplementation of Whey, N-Acetyl Cysteine, or Glutathione, are time- and dose-dependant, but may further be inhibited by the influence of age, exercise stress, or environmental toxins. Bypassing gastric channels and hepatic intervention activity by intravenous loading protocol presents a model for resolving these deficits. Exhaustive exercise depletes glutathione and simultaneously generates free radicals. This is evidenced by increases in lipid peroxidation, glutathione oxidation, and oxidative protein damage. It is well known that activity of cytosolic enzymes in blood plasma is increased as a result of exhaustive exercise. [3]

GLUTATHIONE REPLETION

It has been reported the effects of reduced glutathione parenterally administered resolved the status in patients suffering from chronic renal failure and undergoing hemodialysis. Reduced glutathione and placebo were given for 120 days in a randomized double-blind fashion and the following measurements were performed: red blood cells reduced and oxidized glutathione, plasma reduced and oxidized glutathione, hematocrit, hemoglobin, reticulocytes, serum iron, transferrin, indirect bilirubin, urea, creatinine, calcium, phosphate, parathyroid hormone and alkaline phosphatase. In the treated group, during the supplementation period, there was an increase in the levels of red blood cells and plasma reduced glutathione, hematocrit and hemoglobin and a concomitant decrease in plasma oxidized glutathione and reticulocytes with a maximum effect on the 120th day of therapy. In the placebo-treated group there were no significant variations of the parameters considered during the study period. When the therapy, on patients undergoing treatment, was terminated there was a drop in the analyzed parameters, which fell to pretreatment values at the subsequent controls. These findings seem to indicate that reduced glutathione could represent a useful drug in the treatment and management of anemia in patients affected by chronic renal failure. [4] By increasing glutathione an enhanced blood oxygen carrying capacity following a depletion state, may induce a rebound potential for endurance performance gain proportionate to completing repletion.

GLUTATHIONE & CYCLING TIMED-TRIAL PERFORMANCE

I hypothesized that endurance performance gain would follow rapid repletion through an intravenous Glutathione does protocol [5].
A Fit 61-year old endurance cyclist completed of 1000 miles of pre-test bicycle training, performed with periodic anaerobic bouts [sprints and hill climbing intervals] once every 6 days [or 17% of pre-test training], to attain peak cycling fitness within 90-days pre-test training. For an objective measure, a timed-trial of a 30-kilometers [18.4 miles] challenging course, was determined prior to receiving the first of four intravenous glutathione treatments. A bolus-dose of 100 mg/cc, 10cc, total 1000 milligrams-dose diluted to a total volume of 20cc with normal saline by slow IV-push, 15 minutes was administered subsequently at 7-10 day intervals for the 36 consecutive days following the aforementioned 90-day pre-test period.

Sport science consensus dictates the sport-specificity principle that to improve existing performance, athletes must impose increased training intensity "stress" well above present training level. The training alone, as continued unchanged by this athlete, should therefore not have caused gains in performance. [6] Constant aerobic protocols do not contribute to time trial performance outcome, therefore they were imposed, as controls with the intent to maintain, not increase performance outcome. Objective criteria were then selected by timing performance on the same 30k, 18.4-mile on a challenging loop course. Training distances averaged 77-80 miles per week 90-days prior to and during the timed tests, and were limited to 6 training days per week for 36 consecutive days. Performance-enhancing anaerobic sessions were not allowed, to avoid potential changes from that source.

Constant aerobic cycling training did not exceed 75% maximum heart rate or maximum oxygen consumption. Dietary and supplemental protocols were also held as constants prior to and during the test period. To evaluate the influence of IV-Glutathione on performance outcome, a cycling timed trial was pre-dose recorded, then compared to a second time trial which was recorded between IV-doses Glutathione #1 and #2, then again recorded after all doses Glutathione. A comparison of timed-trials recorded on the same 30-kilometer 18.4-miles course, using the same bicycle, under similar conditions follows in TABLE I.

TABLE I*

TEST TIME-MIN:SEC AVERAGE MPH PERCENT [+/-]
TEST TIME/MIN:SEC AVERAGE MPH PERCENT+/-
PRE-TREATMENT 57:30 19.0 -0-
POST-#1 RX 56:10 19.4 +2.1%
RX # 2-3-4 NO TEST NO TEST NO TEST
POST-RX #4 52:21 21.0 +7.2%

*LEGEND

TESTS: Pre-treatment training consisted of cycling 1000 miles in 90 days, 83% at aerobic pace and 17% of the miles at anaerobic pace rate. Four treatments Rx #1, 2, 3, 4 of intravenous glutathione, 100 mg/cc, 10cc [total 1000 milligrams] dose diluted to a total volume of 20cc with normal saline by slow IV-push over a 15-minute time period every 7-10 days during a 36 day period.

TIME MIN/SECS: Time in minutes and seconds were recorded prior to treatment, after treatment #1, and after treatments # 2-3-4 treatments over an 18.4 mile undulating asphalt road course using same bicycle under similar weather conditions.

AVERAGE MPH: The average miles per hour recorded for each timed trial.

PERCENT [+/-]: Gain and/or loss in performance as compared to the "pre-treatment" timed trial.

CONCLUSION

Performance gain 7-10 days after treatment #1 was significant [+2.1%] with total performance gain from intravenous glutathione +7.2% over 36 days [57:30 TO 52:21 Minutes:Seconds], averaging a remarkable +1.8% per treatment administered. The only variable to account for the improvement in performance was four glutathione injections. A measure of the efficiency of oxygen metabolization is closely tied to the restoration of glutathione levels for resolving depletion. By increasing GSH serum levels, enhanced performance may result. Further research is needed with more aging, fit, healthy subjects, measuring a variety of physiologic and metabolic endpoints to determine if the results of this case study prevail, and if so, the mechanism of any such benefits achieved.

REFERENCES

[1] Subudhi AW, Davis SL, Kipp RW, Askew EW. Antioxidant status and oxidative stress in elite alpine ski racers. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2001 Mar;11(1):32-41.
[2] Clarkson PM.Antioxidants and physical performance. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 1995 Jan;35(12):131-41.
[3] Bounous G. Whey protein concentrate (WPC) and glutathione modulation in cancer treatment. Anticancer Res. 2000 Nov-Dec;20(6C):4785-92.
[3]-Vina J, Gomez-Cabrera MC, Lloret A, Marquez R, Minana JB, Pallardo FV, Sastre J. Free radicals in exhaustive physical exercise: mechanism of production, and protection by antioxidants. IUBMB Life. 2000 Oct-Nov;50(4-5):271-7.
[4] Costagliola C, Romano L, Scibelli G, de Vincentiis A, Sorice P, Di Benedetto A. Anemia and chronic renal failure: a therapeutical approach by reduced glutathione parenteral administration. Nephron 1992;61(4):404-8.
[5] Stanley B. Covert M.D., advised, designed, and administered the glutathione protocol in this open label experimental trial. Dr. Covert is the Medical Director, High Road Clinic, North 42207 Sylvan Road, Elk, Washington, 99009, (509) 292-2748.
[6] Noakes TD. Sportscience Consensus dictates sport-specificity principle that to improve existing performance, athletes must impose increased training stress above present training level. in The Lore of Running. Leisure Press, Champaign, IL, 1991, 18-23.

DISCLOSURE: As the subject of this trial, the placebo effect and my personal bias were not eliminated from tainting the results reported; though I have no competing interests in IV-Glutathione.

Dr. Bill Misner, Ph.D. is the full time Nutritionist for E-CAPS INC. & HAMMER NUTRITION.
He is a former 2-time U.S.A. 50-Mile National Masters Champion. In 1998-1999, he established two "World Records" completing the first-ever 10,000 miles and 20,000 kilometers ever run in an organized footrace.

What is Tationil Glutathione?

-it is a protein (amino acid) molecule which is important as our body antioxidant, immune system booster and detoxifier

-it presents in every cell to promote normal function as maintaining the immune system

-one of the master antioxidant that mostly found in liver

-it eliminates toxic compound (such as Paracetamol) in liver

-it reconstitutes vitamin C and E which is being oxidized

-combine taking with vitamin c injection greatly enhance your immunity, reduces tiredness, more youthful skin and stay healthy

-fights against the cancer, heart disease, premature aging, autoimmune disease and chronic illness

Packing:

Each box contains 10x600mg of Glutathione together with 10x4ml distilled aqua for mixing

It is manufactured by Roche, Italy.

Interaction:

No known interaction, individual with liver malfunction is not supposed to take this product. Pregnant and lactating women are not supposed to take the injection and other same kind of supplementary.

Dosage and method:

1 ampoule weekly by intravenous or intramuscular method.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. What is glutathione?

It is an important chemical that acts as a powerful antioxidant to preserve and protect the brain and other body tissues by protecting them from the damage of free radicals. It also acts to recycle vitamin C & E which also reduce free radicals.

2. What studies prove it work or are there any studies that prove it works?

The landmark study was done by the Department of Neurology, University of Sassari, Italy in 1996. In this study all patients improved significantly after glutathione therapy with a 42% decline in disability.

3. What is glutathione used for?

It has been used to treat all symptoms of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, stroke, ALS, irritable bowel, and chronic fatigue.

4. What improvement in symptoms can one expect?

Many patients have had profound improvements with respect to reduction of rigidity, increased mobility, improved ability to speak, less depression, and decreased tremor. Glutathione has the added benefit of protecting the brain from free radical damage, thus possibly slowing the progression of the underlying illness.

5. How long can a person take glutathione and how long will the effect last after I stop using it?

It can be taken permanently. In the 1996 Italian study the therapeutic effect lasted 2-4 months after therapy was stopped.

6. How long has this treatment been used.

Physicians have been using glutathione infusions for at least 30 years, probably longer.

7. How is the treatment given?

It is given intravenously in the arm by IV push over 10 to 15 minutes usually three times a week in a physician's office

It has to be taken IV? or can it be administered IM?
My father is a professor of biochem, he has talked to me on many occasions about glutathione he gets NAC on a regular basis and this is a man who is a complete skeptic when it comes to supplements.

It has to be taken IV? or can it be administered IM?
My father is a professor of biochem, he has talked to me on many occasions about glutathione he gets NAC on a regular basis and this is a man who is a complete skeptic when it comes to supplements.

in there it mentions IM as well.

really you only do IV if doing some kind of high dose infusion.

I use IM only. can be done sq too, and there is topical. but IM is nice.

no more then 600mg (3ccs) needed a week.

in there it mentions IM as well.

really you only do IV if doing some kind of high dose infusion.

I use IM only. can be done sq too, and there is topical. but IM is nice.

no more then 600mg (3ccs) needed a week.

So on your list theres NAC and glutathione....which is better? Im thinking you are referring to glutathione but most take NAC to get better glutathione levels but thats oral.
Also injection wise, any pain at the site?

So on your list theres NAC and glutathione....which is better? Im thinking you are referring to glutathione but most take NAC to get better glutathione levels but thats oral.

NAC is powder.

NAC is a precursor and converts to glutathione in the body. You use NAC to raise glutathione.

Injection is superior.

you can kind of feel it, my first inject, about 2 hours after I had this new sense of clarity in my head, like a fog had cleared.

I like to do glutathione, SOD, B12/Bcomplex all in the same shot.

I do it mon, wed, fri and only shoot it in my glutes. no problems, occasionally stings a lil, just like b12.

I do .7-1cc, .2-.3cc, .2-.5cc respectively.

NAC is powder.

NAC is a precursor and converts to glutathione in the body. You use NAC to raise glutathione.

Injection is superior.

you can kind of feel it, my first inject, about 2 hours after I had this new sense of clarity in my head, like a fog had cleared.

I like to do glutathione, SOD, B12/Bcomplex all in the same shot.

I do it mon, wed, fri and only shoot it in my glutes. no problems, occasionally stings a lil, just like b12.

I do .7-1cc, .2-.3cc, .2-.5cc respectively.
Good stuff LK3.

Would love to give this a try to my mother for her fybromyalgia/chronic fatigue. But I don't think she could handle the shot loll

Where can you get IM grade glutathione?

Would love to give this a try to my mother for her fybromyalgia/chronic fatigue. But I don't think she could handle the shot loll

what about kratom? id just run it by her doc to make sure it didnt negatively interact with her medications.

AJ, I've been using glutathione for over 6 months now and it's painless. I've never had any issues.

Veteran sells most stuff LK3 has been talking about for quite a while. A very unique list...
It's Lk3's baby. Go support him...he's done nothing but provide tons of valuable information to this community for the last couple years.

Last edited:
AJ, I've been using glutathione for over 6 months now and it's painless. I've never had any issues.

Thanks stacked.
A little injection pain has never stopped me in the past, just wanted to see it coming if it did.

Glut + curc + DMSO seems to be a nice combo which should negate most of the negative sides from aas no?

I use the same kind LK3 has its painless no issues good stuff.

Glut + curc + DMSO seems to be a nice combo which should negate most of the negative sides from aas no?

the real combo is a little bit more... but yes basically we can negate most sides if not sort of revers much of the bad stuff going on in general...

sod,glut,b12/complex

curc, res maybe ptero

idebenone, rhodiola, grapeseed extract, theanine, melatonin, leucine, alanine, taurine...

that combo is like the real short list, use those things in the right way and it will feel like your aas are on aas and so is your immune system and endurance and recovery will be through the roof.

Can glutathione make you feel run at first like resveratrol can?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws