over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glute not a safe injection?

Pitbull1

Registered
So I went to carenow which is an urgent care place because I have a cold. They wanted to give me an anti-biotic injection with 3cc. They said the glute was not considered safe anymore! They said my HIP was the safest place and injected into the side of my hip and it hurt for a couple minutes, like cramping.

I have reviewed other threads about injection and people do pecs, tri, lat, ect ect, but I didn't see one person say their HIP.

FYI, that the hip is now the safest spot for 3cc

Hip or ventrogluteal?

I'm guessing in the medical profession the fear hitting the sciatic nerve. There really should be no issues in the upper right and upper left gluteal quadrants for injections

Hip or ventrogluteal?

I'm guessing in the medical profession the fear hitting the sciatic nerve. There really should be no issues in the upper right and upper left gluteal quadrants for injections

Your guess is right. Everyone's anatomy is slightly different, so their is still risk. The dorso gluteal is no longer consider safe practice, but neither is aspirating IM injection but people still do them in the field.

We no longer use the dorsal glute as an IM route in the hospital.
You can thank the dumb RN's that didn't critically think for themselves and probably stuck 1.5-2 inch deep needles into vulnerable spots on patients that only needed 5/8th-1inch for their injections.

They used your ventral gluteal which is the injection site for bigger injections(3cc for example) or viscous injections such as Decanoate. It's a very good site to use regardless of whether you are in the hospital or not as it causes very little discomfort during and post-injection. The dorsal gluteus is "safe" as long as you use it appropriately. It wasn't too long ago I watched the anesthesiologist use the dorsal glute to administer a 5cc injection to pre-medicate before the patient's surgery even though modern practice says we shouldn't use it. I have 3 different dorsal glute sites on myself which I use on a monthly basis. There are TONS of people that still use dorsal glute including some of the old school RN's that put a middle finger to the new rules :p

Last edited:
The bottom line is, dorsal gluteal is still safe as long as precaution is used and you aspirated, but ventrogluteal is preferred.

So... rotate sites and use them both...

Sounds painful in the hip. When I get a shot my Dr. always goes very high on my glute always hurts when he does it. when I do it I go a little lower and very seldom get any pain

I have such a love/hate relationship with the vg. It's so easy to reach and always goes in so smooth, but leaves me limping the next day if I'm running anything with a bite.

I don't do glute shots any more. I prefer smaller doses more frequently, spread out through different muscle groups. I LOVE calves, quads, triceps, delts...

We no longer use the dorsal glute as an IM route in the hospital.
You can thank the dumb RN's that didn't critically think for themselves and probably stuck 1.5-2 inch deep needles into vulnerable spots on patients that only needed 5/8th-1inch for their injections.

They used your ventral gluteal which is the injection site for bigger injections(3cc for example) or viscous injections such as Decanoate. It's a very good site to use regardless of whether you are in the hospital or not as it causes very little discomfort during and post-injection. The dorsal gluteus is "safe" as long as you use it appropriately. It wasn't too long ago I watched the anesthesiologist use the dorsal glute to administer a 5cc injection to pre-medicate before the patient's surgery even though modern practice says we shouldn't use it. I have 3 different dorsal glute sites on myself which I use on a monthly basis. There are TONS of people that still use dorsal glute including some of the old school RN's that put a middle finger to the new rules :p

It's funny but it's the unfortunate truth.. Just like vice versa some people be injecting IM with a needle shorter then what they need to be using.

i want to start doing quads instead of glutes but man the only couple of times i ever did quad shots they left me basically unable to do SHIT for 2 days. even standing in place was painful.

i shoot lats, delts, pecs, and glutes at the moment. but glutes have developed too much scar tissue over the years and now i am getting tren cough on almost every glute shot for some reason...not happening at any other injection site.

I was told to take one side of your glute i.e. right side and cut it into 1/4 and use the top right corner , since then never had an issue and this is what I tell my wife when she does my injections

i want to start doing quads instead of glutes but man the only couple of times i ever did quad shots they left me basically unable to do SHIT for 2 days. even standing in place was painful.

i shoot lats, delts, pecs, and glutes at the moment. but glutes have developed too much scar tissue over the years and now i am getting tren cough on almost every glute shot for some reason...not happening at any other injection site.

I will never do quads again... same thing. even a 1/2 cc cripples me. No idea why...

If you have too much scar tissue, maybe use a needle a 1/2" longer... unless you've already exhausted your depth options lol

I will never do quads again... same thing. even a 1/2 cc cripples me. No idea why...

If you have too much scar tissue, maybe use a needle a 1/2" longer... unless you've already exhausted your depth options lol

You're not the only one......I used to use quads, but if you hit a nerve there you really know it! Plus the PIP from quads is so much more debilitating that pip in a glute.

Haha. Don't do tren in the quads,trust me on that. Test e I'll haplily bang 3 or 4 cc in no issues, tren goes into shouldes or triceps for me

Your guess is right. Everyone's anatomy is slightly different, so their is still risk. The dorso gluteal is no longer consider safe practice, but neither is aspirating IM injection but people still do them in the field.

What's the reasoning behind aspirating not being safe?

This is news to me , I too would like to know why aspirating isn't safe .

What's the reasoning behind aspirating not being safe?

It's not that aspirating isn't safe.
The point that is trying to be made is that you shouldn't aspirate because it doesn't guarantee you're not in a vein anyways.

Last edited:
It's not that aspirating isn't safe.
The point that is trying to be made is that you shouldn't aspirate because it doesn't guarantee you're not in a vein anyways.

Thanks , that makes more sense . The way ngl34 posted it made it sound like aspirating wasn't safe .

My TRT doctor administers in the ventroglute. (HIP)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dosent that mean your injecting into a vein

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner