over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GOALS?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im just curious as to what the rest of you have as goals in this sport. As for me, Id love to compete one day but i just cant get myself past the fact that i wont try it at a body weight under 225(im 5'7"). and since i reached my last goal of a 400lb bench press ive gone ahead and set these new ones: bench 500lb, squat 550(my legs are progressing really really fast so i dont think this is unreasonable), dead lift 600lb. with DC and that damn Log book i really dont think any of this is unattainable. i figure if im lifting that kind of weight ill be one big SOB.

I only have a few goals with this sport. 1) improve my physique each time i step on stage. ive only competed once so far, but i dont want to compete again until i feel i will see a significant on stage improvement. That way it keeps me driven at all times to keep progressing and trying to improve. 2) Try not to ever let lifting or bodybuilding become a burden, hassle, or get tired of it. i think my main goal is to make sure lifting remains a HOBBY and a time of leisure and an outlet from other things in life. I dont want it to dictate things in my life.

That is a cool and true thing Cutler said. I am a week and a half away from my first competition and it has all been worth it. I think looking back on it it will have been a very rewarding experience. Having said that, it is simply the decision to do it and follow thru with it. By doing a show you know exactly what you are working with in terms of muscle, which serves as a great point in which to gauge your progress from then on.
Goals- After I am done with the show I want to add some serious muscle, especially bringing up my lats, calves, (really everything) I want to compete again within the next two years and hopefully be at least 25 lbs heavier on stage. Offseason, I never want to get over 8 or 9% ever again, Phil has made me appreciate this! In all, I am still young and I want to have fun with this sport and keep improving every time I step in the gym.

NBP

I only have a few goals with this sport. 1) improve my physique each time i step on stage. ive only competed once so far, but i dont want to compete again until i feel i will see a significant on stage improvement. That way it keeps me driven at all times to keep progressing and trying to improve. 2) Try not to ever let lifting or bodybuilding become a burden, hassle, or get tired of it. i think my main goal is to make sure lifting remains a HOBBY and a time of leisure and an outlet from other things in life. I dont want it to dictate things in my life.

Number two on your list is something I forgot to add and is a good point. For myself, I will never become a pro bodybuilder, nor do I want to. I take this seriously, but there is a difference between being dedicated and obsessive. Drawing that line and making sure the real things that matter in life are prioritized is important.

lol ill quit worrying about the scale when the scale tells me what i wanna hear...lmao... seriously i do understand what your saying, but for me its like when i was boxing. i didnt step into the ring until i KNEW i was going to win.
some wins were harder than others, but i wasnt there to actually compete, i was there to win. and its just one of my little quirks but i wont step on a stage until i feel im big enough, and not just big enough to be there, just big enough for me, sure i could get super lean right now and and probably place in a local competition at a lighter weightclass then id like to be in. but to me thats not winning. Winning is definate! and its personal as well. if i dont go in the way i want to then i already lost in my own mind. i didnt beat my own goals, i lost to myself. body building is a funny sport in that way. the lines arent so clear. in a ring you either win or you lose. if you win you did your job, if you lose you didnt. (mind you im not talking about a split decision, those are as good as a loss)! even as i type this (Iknow phill, only when ur hungry...lol) im trying to force down an extra meal(by the way i got an exelent recipe for general tso's chicken that can be eaten even precontest up to about a month out, let me know if you want to post it)because im not going to spend another year under 200lbs, and im sure as hell not spending another 4 under 240! so steel not so much to you, as i appreciate all of your advice, your a great guy, but to ANYONE else these are my goals, you can say what you want about them but theyre MINE and i will never again let anyone tell me i cant do something, within the next year of my life i WILL lift heavier weight, gain more muscle, than i ever have before. And when i come out the other end I WILL be one big ass mother fucker.

lol ill quit worrying about the scale when the scale tells me what i wanna hear...lmao... seriously i do understand what your saying, but for me its like when i was boxing. i didnt step into the ring until i KNEW i was going to win.
some wins were harder than others, but i wasnt there to actually compete, i was there to win. and its just one of my little quirks but i wont step on a stage until i feel im big enough, and not just big enough to be there, just big enough for me, sure i could get super lean right now and and probably place in a local competition at a lighter weightclass then id like to be in. but to me thats not winning. Winning is definate! and its personal as well. if i dont go in the way i want to then i already lost in my own mind. i didnt beat my own goals, i lost to myself. body building is a funny sport in that way. the lines arent so clear. in a ring you either win or you lose. if you win you did your job, if you lose you didnt. (mind you im not talking about a split decision, those are as good as a loss)! even as i type this (Iknow phill, only when ur hungry...lol) im trying to force down an extra meal(by the way i got an exelent recipe for general tso's chicken that can be eaten even precontest up to about a month out, let me know if you want to post it)because im not going to spend another year under 200lbs, and im sure as hell not spending another 4 under 240! so steel not so much to you, as i appreciate all of your advice, your a great guy, but to ANYONE else these are my goals, you can say what you want about them but theyre MINE and i will never again let anyone tell me i cant do something, within the next year of my life i WILL lift heavier weight, gain more muscle, than i ever have before. And when i come out the other end I WILL be one big ass mother fucker.

Everyone has there own approach-It sounds like you are set on your goals, so go after it and good luck, also good luck when you do compete!

NBP

get bigger and leaner
then get bigger and leaner again

:D

get bigger and leaner

I remember seeing a post a while back that showed 2 photos of you, one was when your were fighting muy thai i think, then the other was 2 years later and you looked like the Goddamn poster boy for ANIMAL PACK...lol.....whas it hard for you to stay that motivated? because that realy was an incredable change!

To win the NABBA British finals in 4 weeks.

To be Mr O.

If you compete you do it for being the best. And what's better than being the best among the best? :)

Keeping that a secret until now I see. Good luck brother.

get bigger and leaner

Thats what it all comes down to.

To be Mr O.

If you compete you do it for being the best. And what's better than being the best among the best? :)
With your determination and mindset anything is possible.

For me, right now my only goal is to win the overall at my show in 1.5 weeks.

For me, right now my only goal is to win the overall at my show in 1.5 weeks.

Both of you consider it done!

Honestly Main, with your conditionning at 3 weeks out, if a guy wanna beat you, he 'll have to be inhuman... :)

BP... Ireland will have a great rep at the Universe next October ;)

Short term goal: Win my weightclass and possibly the overall at my show in 11 weeks.

Long term goal: Win my weight class at Nationals or USA's before I'm 25 (I'll be 21 in June)

well since im working with Phil
my goal is too look the best i can with my height and age
and to improve each time i compete and win :):)
and look like a bodybuilder :)

I wanna be 350lbs of freakin solid functional mass with the strength of the descendant of hercules to back it the fuck up.:D

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear