over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Going GLUTEN FREE, anyone else?

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have decided to eliminate gluten from my diet.
Over the years i quit drinking beer bc it "hurts my stomach" so i only drank vodka. I quit eating pizza/pasta cuz "the red sauce hurts my stomach"
Now I get a ridiculous bloated belly. apparently its nicknamed "gluten belly" and man it looks ridiculous! Next time it happens i will take pics. i took some but was so embarassed i erased em!
Anyway, hoping the reflux and burning in my stomach as well as the bloat goes away when i cut out the gluten.
Anyone have obviously good results from eliminating gluten?
Any tips?

I have decided to eliminate gluten from my diet.
Over the years i quit drinking beer bc it "hurts my stomach" so i only drank vodka. I quit eating pizza/pasta cuz "the red sauce hurts my stomach"
Now I get a ridiculous bloated belly. apparently its nicknamed "gluten belly" and man it looks ridiculous! Next time it happens i will take pics. i took some but was so embarassed i erased em!
Anyway, hoping the reflux and burning in my stomach as well as the bloat goes away when i cut out the gluten.
Anyone have obviously good results from eliminating gluten?
Any tips?
Have you experienced massive water retention while on gluten

i meant to say i thought the red sauce was bothering me but nope i guaruntee u its the gluten in the pasta and crust! Beer is laden w gluten!
just never occurred to me til i got the "gluten belly" bloat and i looked up possible causes.

Carbs in general will bloat you. I doubt it’s anything in the gluten in particular causing you problems but it will probably make you more aware of your diet so you’ll get some success going gluten free. IMO this is the major reason why people feel better when they go gluten free.

Have you experienced massive water retention while on gluten
hard to tell cuz for last few years i been drinking like a fish lol
but i quit drinking sun thru thurs this week. i feel GREAT by the way. might drink this eve but dunno...
anyway, w out alcohol i should be able to gauge better. but i would say YES i think it DEF causes water retention for me. the stomach bloat is CRAZY.

cuz i trained under Phil's guidance i never really had much gluten in my diet as a competing bb'er. plus i was younger and i think tolerated it better when i did have it.
now i am more relaxed and will have some starches (gluten) and just seems i cant tolerate it. not at all without having indigestion and bloat. followed later by not pretty bowel movement usually.....

cuz i trained under Phil's guidance i never really had much gluten in my diet as a competing bb'er. plus i was younger and i think tolerated it better when i did have it.
now i am more relaxed and will have some starches (gluten) and just seems i cant tolerate it. not at all without having indigestion and bloat. followed later by not pretty bowel movement usually.....
Do whatever is comfortable for you man! You’re not trying to push your physique anymore so just do what’s going to make daily quality of life best. If that makes you stronger/leaner then that would be a win-win for you!

hard to tell cuz for last few years i been drinking like a fish lol
but i quit drinking sun thru thurs this week. i feel GREAT by the way. might drink this eve but dunno...
anyway, w out alcohol i should be able to gauge better. but i would say YES i think it DEF causes water retention for me. the stomach bloat is CRAZY.
When you quit this week did your body change . Am in same situation this past year with covid really fucked me up I lost my taste and smell for over 6 months when I got it back the only things that I could taste was carbs and beer funny thing is I never ate or drank that stuff . Now my stomach is swollen feel like crap definitely worst shape of my life . When I do clean up diet and no alcohol I lose lots of water that first week

i meant to say i thought the red sauce was bothering me but nope i guaruntee u its the gluten in the pasta and crust! Beer is laden w gluten!
just never occurred to me til i got the "gluten belly" bloat and i looked up possible causes.
I experienced the same thing i stopped eat pasta thinking the red sauce was messing my stomach, quit crystal lite thinking it was too acidic , once I quit carbs and beer I started feeling better .

I had to. Started developing alarming issues (GI) after using the bathroom about a year ago. Googled the symptoms and the easiest to rule out was gluten. Stopped all gluten intake and symptoms ceased in less than a week. I definitely don't look/feel as bloated as I used to.

I did the gluten free approach under fakhri.. fucking joke imo.
For the vast majority of people, you're right, but for a small percentage of people: game changer. I naturally gravitate to mostly non-gluten foods, but when I eat it, it doesn't affect me.

Maybe run a gluten sensitivity blood test to know for sure if you’re concerned?

They have genetic tests these days as well which reveal if you have a propensity towards gluten intolerance type issues.

Carbs in general will bloat you. I doubt it’s anything in the gluten in particular causing you problems but it will probably make you more aware of your diet so you’ll get some success going gluten free. IMO this is the major reason why people feel better when they go gluten free.

I tend to agree with this. Some people are gluten intolerant but it is very rare. I think alot of people try the "fad" diet and get a placebo affect. MY opinion, it was developed to sell gluten free products. But I guess it can't hurt to try and it might make you choose your carbs better.

I could type on for an hour in regards to my digestive problems over the past few years. PPI's, H2 blockers, antacids, GERD, reflux, LPR. Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Barretts Esophagus. Made all the lifestyle and food changes. HOB elevated 6", no eating/drinking 3 hours before bed. Food diaries, no caffeine, no alcohol, no tomato anything. No spicy/fried foods etc. I'm sure you never had these issues when you were younger right? I never did and I pounded those 5-6 meals/day like my life depended on it...for YEARS! I really question if my GI issues are related to this force feeding we all subscribe to. The large sliding hiatal hernia I developed I directly blame on heavy deads, racks & squats and the intra abdominal pressure created with wearing a belt religiously.

I'm so done! I see guys trying to pack on mass by eating 7000+ calories and my first inclination is to warm them but that's their choice. I doubt I'd have listened to some old beaten down former BBer/powerlifter warning me either. If I could go back I'd do a lot of things different around my PED and food choices.

Sorry, rants over. Hope you figure out your digestive issues and it turns out to be a simple fix. I'm looking at a Nissen Fundoplication in the next few months so as to avoid esophageal cancer down the road.

I use sugar free pasta sauce that is gluten free with no gmo made with olive oil, rice pasta, lamb meat.

Gluten can definitely cause me some issues. Even as a kid, heavy carbohydrates w/gluten such as bagels, bread, pizza(dough), etc would trigger a feeling of acid reflux for me. First time I noticed was at like age 9 after eating a bagel and complaining to my parents of a "choking feeling". Was fed a lot of this as a kid

I do best with oats, rice and yams

I stopped eating gluten after a genetic test indicated that I had a high chance of gluten intolerance. Only then did I connect the dots as to why I would always get digestive issues after eating McDonalds, pasta, etc. From stomach cramping to straight up diarrhea. Since I eliminated all gluten from my diet, my shits are 100% regular, great color and texture, no stomach aches ever.

No reason to go gluten-free for most people though. Just make a food diary and check whether there is any correlation between your GI symptoms and the foods you eat. If there's a correlation between gluten and those issues, cut it out for a week or two and see if things improve. If not, look somewhere else. Those blood tests are pretty useless, unfortunately, so don't rely on those.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131