advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Going hypoglycemic after meals and training.

I'm prescribed Escitalopram for depression but i dont feel any different i think

I'm prescribed Paxil for PTSD and social anxiety disorder , if I take my full does it makes me very emotionless which I really don't like. But I can take half the dose and Ashwaganda and actually get better results with no side effects.
I'm actually going to have my dose lowered again then next Dr appointment in January.
Ashwaganda definitely has some benefits , fortunately I haven't had any negative side effects

Ashwagandha is a fantastic supplement but your post outlines exactly why I posted what I did. If it can enable you to do that it shows just how much impact it can have on brain chemistry. That's why it can be fantastic for stress especially when taken alone but some will need to be careful when adding it onto a decent dose of an SSRI. When I used the combination the one word that comes to mind is exactly what you posted and I was "emotionless" to the point I just didn't care and had no motivation or drive. It's great it has that effect on you and you are able to lower your SSRI dose. For many taking the likes of Ashwagandha could be enough to ease their stress/anxiety without having to take anything else.

This is what I use as well. I have to be careful especially after a high volume and intensive workout. This is why I have intra shakes with a reasonable amount of carbs and lot's of eaa's and glutamine. Guys can cause issues for themselves after loading in huge amounts of carbs in one go.

Regarding SSRI's I think they can be great for some people but you have to be careful with supplementing when using one just as Love_to_Bodybuild posted. To add to his post be careful taking ashwagandha especially when using an SSRI. Ashwagandha is a very popular supplement these days and is even included in some EAA products so be aware of it's potential drawbacks especially when combined with other drugs/supps that effect serotonin.

I can confirm that I’ve felt hypo symptoms with ashwaghanda at times

I can confirm that I’ve felt hypo symptoms with ashwaghanda at times

My post regarding ashwagandha was solely regarding serotonin and ssri's. Although it can definitely effect (lower) blood glucose as well. It effects numerous things and one example is it's fairly pronounced effect on thyroid function. It's been shown to improve blood levels of TSH, T3, and T4 in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism. I have mentioned this before but many guys use multiple supplements (myself included) but many look at them differently to drugs but it's wrong in many ways. Meaning I see guys on here almost reluctant to add in 1 doctor prescribed drug (bp or cholesterol aid for example) but they will add in 5 new herbal supps like it's nothing but many can have numerous side effects that the user has no idea about. I only knew about the basics of ashwagandha myself until I added it in and starting doing more research on it after noticing a massive change in my behaviour within a short time.

My post regarding ashwagandha was solely regarding serotonin and ssri's. Although it can definitely effect (lower) blood glucose as well. It effects numerous things and one example is it's fairly pronounced effect on thyroid function. It's been shown to improve blood levels of TSH, T3, and T4 in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism. I have mentioned this before but many guys use multiple supplements (myself included) but many look at them differently to drugs but it's wrong in many ways. Meaning I see guys on here almost reluctant to add in 1 doctor prescribed drug (bp or cholesterol aid for example) but they will add in 5 new herbal supps like it's nothing but many can have numerous side effects that the user has no idea about. I only knew about the basics of ashwagandha myself until I added it in and starting doing more research on it after noticing a massive change in my behaviour within a short time.

I figured, but I just wanted to point out how ash does give me some symptoms of hypo. It's very potent and at times , I can't run it because of the sides. It all depends on the balance of my hormones at the time. So, I totally agree with what you're saying! Herbs can have plenty of drug like sides.

How did ash change your behavior? It's a weird one for me. Can depend on the type of ash too. I found ksm - 66 to be pretty potent

I found ksm - 66 to be pretty potent
That's the one I like. Ash KSM-66 makes me feel calm yet alert. Hard to describe. But there is no doubt that there is a psychotropic factor going on there.

A young guy I use to train with called me yesterday and after the happy Thanksgiving banter we were discussing training and he mentioned that his blood sugar drops after training despite having 50g carbs a HR before training , 50g carbs Intra workout and 50g in post workout shake , 45-60 min after training his blood sugar drops.
Yesterday he had a "cheat meal" consisting of
a medium fries, a crispy chicken sandwich, a double quarter pounder with cheese and bacon, and a 10 piece mcnuggets.
No training at all yesterday , an hr after he ate and got home he was just watching TV and he felt it so he checked his blood glucose and it was 56.!!!
He worked with Justin Harris this year for contest prep and he said that it started then and got slightly worse after his show and the Carbs ramp back up.
He has rearranged his diet so it lower carb and higher fats thinking that he was just getting to many carbs and his insulin response was over shooting what he needed and that didn't help so he went back to high carbs and it got worse.

He is 28yr old , never taken insulin or any GDAs , only running 200mg test and 300 EQ right now , following a DC training split. His am fasted BG is low 80's and hour after being awake , and low 70's , 2.5hr after eating a meal that is 50g Protein , 50g carbs and 30g fat , Carbs from under cooked sweet potatoes.

Have any of y'all ever had anything like this or have any idea what's causing it , or what can be done to combat this?
Maybe it's just me.... but when my E2 are too low, like near 15-20ish pg/ml i start suffering of reactive hypoglycemia, once i added more Test to my cycle, it was gone completely.

Is your friend taking any medications?
Has he had any surgeries in the past?
How often does he experience Hypoglycemia?

If his Blood Sugar is often below 70 this is indicative of an ongoing problem.

If he's completely healthy, I would recommend eating smaller more frequent meals that include high and low glycemic foods.

He should probably carry few glucose pills with him just in case. If his episodes become "severe", he should have a glucagon pen in case it starts dropping too much.

Its possible he has liver or kidney issues as well.
He should seek a doctor to investigate the cause of these hypoglycemia episodes. It could be a heart issue as well.

His pancreas could also be producing too much insulin due to various possibilities.

Get him to get checked by an endocrinologist asap.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131