advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Going hypoglycemic after meals and training.

Wow. Sounds like he is just completely depleted.
Exactly, he is living off of digesting glucose, his glycogen stores are empty, unable to maintain blood sugar.

I would consider having him eat instinctively with a base amount of protein and as much low to moderate GI carbs as he feels like he needs.

A word of caution on sweet potato: some people don't digest it well, and even if you do it only has 3 calories per gram because of all the fiber. And the weight to carb ratio is 5:1 so you need 250g of sweet potato to reach 50g of carbs, people don't do well eating a kilo of sweet potato per day lol

Possible it could be serotonin releaser whether he did it a week ago or he's on them every day and whether it's prescription or recreational I have the same symptoms after I did a heavy serotonin releaser and 10 days afterwards I passed out while cooking burgers in my kitchen pounded my head on the floor , fainted.

Serotonin syndrome

It could have also been a psychological thing my girlfriend at the time was in the BDSM and I watched fifty shades of Gray this was like 2015 and I started looking BDS up online and that caused me to like get fancy and dizzy and like almost black out and then after that I was in my kitchen like right after that and I passed out so that could have caused it as well or a combination of the two

Possible it could be serotonin releaser whether he did it a week ago or he's on them every day and whether it's prescription or recreational I have the same symptoms after I did a heavy serotonin releaser and 10 days afterwards I passed out while cooking burgers in my kitchen pounded my head on the floor , fainted.

Serotonin syndrome

It could have also been a psychological thing my girlfriend at the time was in the BDSM and I watched fifty shades of Gray this was like 2015 and I started looking BDS up online and that caused me to like get fancy and dizzy and like almost black out and then after that I was in my kitchen like right after that and I passed out so that could have caused it as well or a combination of the two

SSRI's?

Are you absolutely positive he's not using insulin pre workout?
That's really strange that he'd be symptomatic after eating what you've described pre, intra & post wo.
He's either lying or your gonna need to follow him around with an amp or 2 of D50 to pull him out of a diabetic coma.

SSRIs or ssnis could cause this esp of mixed with something that could cause a reaction

Possible OTC supplements like 5 htp or passion flower .

No I'm not on them if that's what you're asking. When I was 14 some psychiatrist misdiagnosed me with ADHD and my parents let him recommend four different drugs , one may have been an SSRI I was on them three months and finally taken off. They made things worse. I cried a lot and never did that before. Libido went down. I abused ecstacy at 19 in 2000-2001 and side effects were close to the same , emotional, crying, basically serotonin chemistry unbalanced

I get the worst hypo symptoms from whey protein.
I've gone hypo on whey iso and also from BCAA when consuming them on an empty stomach. I think the trigger was moreso high leucine then the sweetners.

Bet ya he may be insulin resistant. Going hypo after eating, sometimes when you are insulin resistant/pre-diabetic, when the blood-sugar doesn't initially go down from insulin production, the pancreas over reacts and produces too much insulin. Maybe try a ketogenic diet to regain sensitivity. Sounds counterintuitive but the body is pretty good at regulating BS on its own once adapted, carbs can really mess things up for some people.

Bet ya he may be insulin resistant. Going hypo after eating, sometimes when you are insulin resistant/pre-diabetic, when the blood-sugar doesn't initially go down from insulin production, the pancreas over reacts and produces too much insulin. Maybe try a ketogenic diet to regain sensitivity. Sounds counterintuitive but the body is pretty good at regulating BS on its own once adapted, carbs can really mess things up for some people.
carbs and bodybuilding, hard to separate the two but damn carbs fuck us up in the long run especially when we run like 400+ grams a day of them which isn't even a lot for some guys when they're growing.

I've gone hypo on whey iso and also from BCAA when consuming them on an empty stomach. I think the trigger was moreso high leucine then the sweetners.

Same. BCAA's on an empty stomach have triggered this.

SSRIs or ssnis could cause this esp of mixed with something that could cause a reaction

Possible OTC supplements like 5 htp or passion flower .

No I'm not on them if that's what you're asking. When I was 14 some psychiatrist misdiagnosed me with ADHD and my parents let him recommend four different drugs , one may have been an SSRI I was on them three months and finally taken off. They made things worse. I cried a lot and never did that before. Libido went down. I abused ecstacy at 19 in 2000-2001 and side effects were close to the same , emotional, crying, basically serotonin chemistry unbalanced

Me either, but I was put on them and "given" them in, most likely, random doses in my younger years. I remember having scary bouts of hypoglycemia randomly. Felt like I couldn't think, went cold, got weak, etc. Took quite a bit of carbohydrates to feel normal again and after eating, I'd immediately need a nap. Was tiring

Me either, but I was put on them and "given" them in, most likely, random doses in my younger years. I remember having scary bouts of hypoglycemia randomly. Felt like I couldn't think, went cold, got weak, etc. Took quite a bit of carbohydrates to feel normal again and after eating, I'd immediately need a nap. Was tiring
Being on CKDs for most of the last 20 years, have gone hypo many times. After getting home, because it was always after training in the gym or track, I would carb load and eat until I couldn't eat another bite. Sweat would start dripping off me and all my capillaries would dilate to get more sugar to hungry cells and would become insanely vascular. My feet and ankles looked like a back of nightcrawlers. I would *always* fall into a majorly deep sleep for several hours. This loading would go on until all the muscle weakness was gone. Sometimes it took 2-3 days. It's messed up when a big bowl of pasta or a couple of russet potatoes gets you pumped.

I don't walk that close to the line anymore.

So I talked to him this morning and he confirmed that he has been taking Lexapro the last 5 months and the issue is WAY more frequent since starting that , he did say that it would happen once every couple weeks since he reduced his carbs down from the 400g a day range , but since starting the Lexapro it's is a daily occurrence.
He's calling to talk to his GP today and discuss options

are you eating fast digesting carbs? i can eat grits and go hypo shortly after & and the same with certain intra carb supplements.

So I talked to him this morning and he confirmed that he has been taking Lexapro the last 5 months and the issue is WAY more frequent since starting that , he did say that it would happen once every couple weeks since he reduced his carbs down from the 400g a day range , but since starting the Lexapro it's is a daily occurrence.
He's calling to talk to his GP today and discuss options
Sheesh... @Love_to_Bodybuild Figured it out

Being on CKDs for most of the last 20 years, have gone hypo many times. After getting home, because it was always after training in the gym or track, I would carb load and eat until I couldn't eat another bite. Sweat would start dripping off me and all my capillaries would dilate to get more sugar to hungry cells and would become insanely vascular. My feet and ankles looked like a back of nightcrawlers. I would *always* fall into a majorly deep sleep for several hours. This loading would go on until all the muscle weakness was gone. Sometimes it took 2-3 days. It's messed up when a big bowl of pasta or a couple of russet potatoes gets you pumped.

I don't walk that close to the line anymore.
Chronic kidney disease?

Sheesh... @Love_to_Bodybuild Figured it out
Yeah not a fan of ssri , ssnis , way over prescribed. People just need to go through the difficult times and they'll usually improve the situation and or break bad habits, if that's there focus. It takes a mentally strong disclpined person but who said life is easy? Esp when not where you want the be in areas that are difficult. It's an unnecessary addiction for most. Smoke a lil cannabis instead of that helps .

Ssri messes with serotonin long-term way too much . And if taken with a serotonin releaser of any kind can cause serotonin syndrome.

Also otc supplements can interact like 5 htp and passion flower. Not sure if sam- e works on the same receptors, but I wouldn't chance it having gone though myself a few times, it's worst than a lot of things.

Yeah not a fan of ssri , ssnis , way over prescribed. People just need to go through the difficult times and they'll usually improve the situation and or break bad habits, if that's there focus. It takes a mentally strong disclpined person but who said life is easy? Esp when not where you want the be in areas that are difficult. It's an unnecessary addiction for most. Smoke a lil cannabis instead of that helps .

Ssri messes with serotonin long-term way too much . And if taken with a serotonin releaser of any kind can cause serotonin syndrome.

Also otc supplements can interact like 5 htp and passion flower. Not sure if sam- e works on the same receptors, but I wouldn't chance it having gone though myself a few times, it's worst than a lot of things.

Totally agree. SSRI are not innocent and shouldn't be prescribed like they are. Most of the time , people can overcome their depression through prayer, activity, distractions , and a change of routine. Life can be sad , but it's a normal emotion. Use it as a tool .

They prescribe them to young chidren too . Scary and as you mention, serotonin syndrome can actually be lethal. They also cause intrusive thoughts, sometimes higher anxiety and ruin your metabolism

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131