over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Going Hypoglycemic

QuietStorm

Kilo Klub Member
Hey all
I have a question some of you might be able to shed light on. For the last few months, I've been going hypoglycemic mid morning and after lunch. I've changed up my meals recently to try and combat this, but I still go hypo.

Here is an example of my meals

meal 1 (6am - after fasted cardio)
2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, bacon or leftover steak

meal 2 (usually around 9am)
1c oats, .5c fruit

meal 3 (around 11am)
Protein Shake w/mct<this is just lately due to going hypo>

meal 4 (around 1pm)
chicken 6oz, rice 1cup, salad, oil [evoo or mct]

meal 5 (around 3pm and usually due to going hypo again)
chicken 6 oz, baked potato or broccoli salad <about .5 cup>

after this, I am usually pretty steady. I eat another meal usually with fish, rice and veggies around 7pm, and then a snack of cottage cheese or something similar before bed.

I drink gatorade between meals 2 and 3, and then again between 4 and 5. I have a pretty physical job so I have to eat quite a bit and often early in the day. I also sweat a lot so that's the purpose of the gatorade. I just cant pack more into my early meals because I will puke on the job... dont wanna do that. I'm already eating quite a bit early on anyway.

I've recently had my fasted blood glucose levels checked, twice and both times it was 80. My A1C is 5.1 and my doc checked for adrenal gland cancer, came back negative...so what the hell is going on here? any ideas?

I'm 48, take toprolol, losartan, allopurinol, warfarin and trt. what else do you need to know? I do my weights training around 5pm.
I've had this job for 2 years now and this is something new in the last couple of months. What should I be asking my doc to check?

why not split your protein and carbs up in the morning to keep things more stable as opposed to the way you have them now. should keep you insulin more stable.

Well, that might be an option, but how about the afternoon episode? I've got both protein and carbs in both meals and still go hypo.

Bump for any more suggestions or opinions.

I actually found adding some good healthy fats to my diet stabelised me pretty well, i used to get pretty hypo towards the end of the day, i added some slow digestive fats like nuts in or oil as these will help you absorb your sugars slower...just my .02

I have had a problem with being hypo all my life weight training and anabolics only made it worse. But since using GH the past few years no hypo none!
It has also allowed me to use a low carb diet something I could have never done in the past.
Most of us know GH raises glucose levels.
Now Im not saying get on GH Im just saying it helped me with being hypogycemic.

Diurnal cortisol kit would be my suggestion.

Cortisol is a glucocorticoid.

QS,

Your last carb meal is at 7pm.
You do fasted cardio.
You eat just protein with Meal 1.
You go ~ 14 hours with no carbs.

Without overthinking this, why not eat 1 C of oats with your 1st meal?

No?

-MT

Your carbs dont have any fat to slow down digestion. And gatorade is dextrose so you're spiking insulin without a lot of carbs to be used...I would use more steady burning carbs and a little fat and protien to slow their absorption. I would drop the gatorade and get low sugar sports drinks or save the money and drink lemon water.

QS,

Your last carb meal is at 7pm.
You do fasted cardio.
You eat just protein with Meal 1.
You go ~ 14 hours with no carbs.

Without overthinking this, why not eat 1 C of oats with your 1st meal?

No?

-MT

Your carbs dont have any fat to slow down digestion. And gatorade is dextrose so you're spiking insulin without a lot of carbs to be used...I would use more steady burning carbs and a little fat and protien to slow their absorption. I would drop the gatorade and get low sugar sports drinks or save the money and drink lemon water.

Thanks for pointing these things out guys. Guess it didnt occur to me.
As for the gatorade, it's more for replenishing electrolytes than anything. I sweat a great deal while working. If i dont keep those up, I get bad night cramps. I've been toying with adding mct's to my diet, so I guess I'll give that a try and see what happens.
I appreciate everyone's response.

Hey all
I have a question some of you might be able to shed light on. For the last few months, I've been going hypoglycemic mid morning and after lunch. I've changed up my meals recently to try and combat this, but I still go hypo.

Here is an example of my meals

meal 1 (6am - after fasted cardio)
2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, bacon or leftover steak

meal 2 (usually around 9am)
1c oats, .5c fruit

meal 3 (around 11am)
Protein Shake w/mct<this is just lately due to going hypo>

meal 4 (around 1pm)
chicken 6oz, rice 1cup, salad, oil [evoo or mct]

meal 5 (around 3pm and usually due to going hypo again)
chicken 6 oz, baked potato or broccoli salad <about .5 cup>

after this, I am usually pretty steady. I eat another meal usually with fish, rice and veggies around 7pm, and then a snack of cottage cheese or something similar before bed.

I drink gatorade between meals 2 and 3, and then again between 4 and 5. I have a pretty physical job so I have to eat quite a bit and often early in the day. I also sweat a lot so that's the purpose of the gatorade. I just cant pack more into my early meals because I will puke on the job... dont wanna do that. I'm already eating quite a bit early on anyway.

I've recently had my fasted blood glucose levels checked, twice and both times it was 80. My A1C is 5.1 and my doc checked for adrenal gland cancer, came back negative...so what the hell is going on here? any ideas?

I'm 48, take toprolol, losartan, allopurinol, warfarin and trt. what else do you need to know? I do my weights training around 5pm.
I've had this job for 2 years now and this is something new in the last couple of months. What should I be asking my doc to check?

Have you checked to see if this is a side with any of these meds??
I would add some more complex carbs to your diet. Trying adding some oatmeal at your 1st meal of the day.

Toprolol and losartan are known to mess with BG levels. Maybe timing of those meds should be considered.

Are you using Glucometer or just go by the feel?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws