YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Going off test and pct (for 50 year old,)

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm posting this for a friend...

He wants to completely stop test replacement and wants to do "pct" to be "normal" for awhile.
I'm using his words here...

He's 50, so what are your thoughts.

He probably very very very quick change his mind. It is always like people say I don't feel. It or this is not working until coming off and then they say - now I know it was great. At his age he probably will be very disappointed. It is very easy take something for granted but once you realise benefits you lost then you think twice.

I do this from time to time. I felt ok, just didnt have my normal pep to my step.

Now Im 34 so it may seem like Im young enough to bounce back, but I had my left testi removed at age 18. Needless to say, it takes a lot for me to bounce back. Im glad Ive come off the few times I have. I always feel my prostate feels better and even though Im tired for some months I know its better to take a break. I also want to have kids one day if possible so I dont wanna shut down for years straight.

I do simple HCG and Clomid. Im a high energy person anyways so I feel ok when I come off, I just dont feel amazing. Im back on Test the past 2-3 weeks and its great. All that boundless energy comes right back.

Umm why? Isn’t it known low test is not so healthy?

I know everyone likes to think we’re all different little snowflakes, but I think in general, if a person has been on TRT for a while it’s going to be very hard to bounce levels back, if at all with the exception of some outliers (not speaking of fertility, you can have low test and be fertile).. I tried to do so about a year and change ago, and I’m almost 30 and after the better part of a year, my test levels didn’t budge.. Never again, I felt absolutely horrible, I literally felt like I was 80 years old, zero sex drive, pains and aches everywhere, tired as hell all the time.. No thanks..

Anyway, besides my little story there, I’m sure people will mention high dose HCG and Clomid and Nolva etc to get things going.... I personally think it will be a waste of time and money.. That’s my input lol

If his test was low to begin with it's just going to be low again and probably even lower. TRT is for life!

Is your friend self medicating? What were his test results pre TRT and where are they now.

I’m about the same age. Came off everything. It’s been a year. I did NOT bounce back this time and m sure it’s not going to happen. I feel lifeless. Injuries hurt everywhere. Injuries stopped me from training and I lost he drive for the first time in my life. No appetite. Iv lost So much muscle at this point. I Haven’t had a hard or for 8 months or even really though about girls at all. Tell your buddy to expect all this. It’s no fun. But the good thing is I can fix it. As soon as I change my job I’ll be resetting myself with some testosterone and hgh. And a host of other things as well lol

I’m about the same age. Came off everything. It’s been a year. I did NOT bounce back this time and m sure it’s not going to happen. I feel lifeless. Injuries hurt everywhere. Injuries stopped me from training and I lost he drive for the first time in my life. No appetite. Iv lost So much muscle at this point. I Haven’t had a hard or for 8 months or even really though about girls at all. Tell your buddy to expect all this. It’s no fun. But the good thing is I can fix it. As soon as I change my job I’ll be resetting myself with some testosterone and hgh. And a host of other things as well lol

So why are you doing it?!

Several reasons. But primarily Iv always come of gear completely for the same amount of time Iv been on. Often longer. Just for health purposes. Iv abused steroids. I don’t sugarcoat that. I felt my body telling me I just needed a break from all of it. Now my body is telling me this is the best im going to be naturally and mentally I was healthier on hrt. and the break has been long enough.

Prepare to sleep a lot and not have much interest in sex. It’s nice because you just work and sleep but it gets old quick. Eventually people get tired of being sore and tired all the time and get back on TRT. I take HCG last 2 weeks of cycle and Clovis when off.

It worked for me until I was 55. I think the ability to recover is somewhat genetics. I cycled on and off for years and years and continued to recover. Another part of it is I never went on for more than 6 months without a long break. After years on androgens I don't know how many can recover. At one point in my life it took over a year to recover and that took some patience. I kept working out, looked like shit for that year and then once I recovered I looked like a decent well built guy and not enhanced. I'll say to was liberating to not be dependent on steroids. Then at 47 I decided to start using again. Like I said I continued to recover until I was 55 according to bloodwork.

Several reasons. But primarily Iv always come of gear completely for the same amount of time Iv been on. Often longer. Just for health purposes. Iv abused steroids. I don’t sugarcoat that. I felt my body telling me I just needed a break from all of it. Now my body is telling me this is the best im going to be naturally and mentally I was healthier on hrt. and the break has been long enough.

Abusing steroids is harmful to health but so is being at 200 total test with uncontrolled estrogen. There is an in between!! TRT keeping bloods within normal ranges.

Cinder, your friend is delusional thinking he will be "normal" if he just comes off. Ask him how man 50 y/o men have a good, healthy level of test, say 700-1000? None of them! Then add is he has altered his natural HPTA axis by having taken steroids? This is why people should seek a licensed professional instead of trying to burden their brains with "thinking" or asking Dr. Google.

Is your friend self medicating? What were his test results pre TRT and where are they now.
No doctor scripted but cycles here and there to.

Abusing steroids is harmful to health but so is being at 200 total test with uncontrolled estrogen. There is an in between!! TRT keeping bloods within normal ranges.

Cinder, your friend is delusional thinking he will be "normal" if he just comes off. Ask him how man 50 y/o men have a good, healthy level of test, say 700-1000? None of them! Then add is he has altered his natural HPTA axis by having taken steroids? This is why people should seek a licensed professional instead of trying to burden their brains with "thinking" or asking Dr. Google.
Agreed

He probably very very very quick change his mind. It is always like people say I don't feel. It or this is not working until coming off and then they say - now I know it was great. At his age he probably will be very disappointed. It is very easy take something for granted but once you realise benefits you lost then you think twice.

x2 with the quoted and other posts in this thread. This is not even a guess and is pretty much 100% guaranteed. He will eventually feel like crap and won't be able to recover his natural test. Even if he did and was that 1% it wouldn't last because he would age and everything declines even for a guy who has never touched exogenous hormones. I have friends who took 2 years to recover (still have low levels) who were in their 20's. Plus it's different when someone is 25 but at 50 and over it's pretty pointless going on and off. Even for many younger ones it's not worth it and long periods of extremely low test is very unhealthy. The fact he does it himself is even worse. Does he get regular bloodwork? I would recommend he gets on doctor prescribed trt and if he doesn't want to for whatever reason to at least get regular blood work so he can monitor everything. Now maybe he needs to come off to realize the truth. Some people can get told 100 times but they need to see for themselves so he will only know if he tries but I am 99.9% certain he will realize the grass wasn't greener on the other side.

Just hopefully he figures out that cutting the test is what's causing the newfound problems quick. I spent a lost decade in my 20's after using prohormones in my late teens and a short run of orals in my early 20's. Took till 31 to take the plunge (that wasn't really a plunge) and go to the real deal. I had to realize with whatever the risks and lifelong commitment etc. etc. I was already broken and couldn't settle for that state of being regardless of the consequences.. and that's from doing what was thought of as minor shit at what is supposed to be a solid bounce back age! Now it's like everything works as it should and there's been years of bodyBUILDING and not just bodyMAINTAINING through problems and seeming decline. I do think it's good to go on TRT dosages for a bit if you've been going hard, too long/too much of anything becomes a problem (and I've had some of those too). But healthy or high normal test needs to be recognized as a positive however it's achieved and for me synthetic saved me in many ways, it just took time and getting around the propaganda/BS to go for it and not look back. Did try going off once "the right way" and man what a disaster but luckily I knew pretty quick what was going on as everything went downhill quickly and hopefully he picks up on that too and doesn't try to fight through it or think it's 50 other things.

Umm why? Isn’t it known low test is not so healthy?

I know everyone likes to think we’re all different little snowflakes, but I think in general, if a person has been on TRT for a while it’s going to be very hard to bounce levels back, if at all with the exception of some outliers (not speaking of fertility, you can have low test and be fertile).. I tried to do so about a year and change ago, and I’m almost 30 and after the better part of a year, my test levels didn’t budge.. Never again, I felt absolutely horrible, I literally felt like I was 80 years old, zero sex drive, pains and aches everywhere, tired as hell all the time.. No thanks..

Anyway, besides my little story there, I’m sure people will mention high dose HCG and Clomid and Nolva etc to get things going.... I personally think it will be a waste of time and money.. That’s my input lol
Just curious, what age did you start using AAS and did you cycle of pretty much blast and cruise?

Just curious, what age did you start using AAS and did you cycle of pretty much blast and cruise?

I started at a young and impressionable 18 years old, freshly 18 at that... Back when the internet was full of; “Do some PCT and you’ll keep your gains” and “Where are the bodies? AAS doesn’t effect health negatively, doctors don’t know shit” and “Bro all you need is a cycle to bulk and get big and then a cycle to cut and you’re good” etc lol

I did come off for periods of time from 18 til about 21-22... That’s about the time I was hypnotized even more by the internet retard of GH15... That’s when I started just “cruising” with Test in between but lucky for me I was partying and so inconsistent in my early 20’s that I didn’t do crazy doses or too much Tren for more than a week or 2 straight then I’d miss shots and just scrap a cycle and just do a cc of Test a week.. I haven’t touched anything harsh since i was about 22-23, but been on Test ever since until 28 when I tried to come off for 8 months and that was hell.. Been on real scripted TRT for about 6 months now, I’ll never come off again if it means feeling how I did those 8 months...

I started at a young and impressionable 18 years old, freshly 18 at that... Back when the internet was full of; “Do some PCT and you’ll keep your gains” and “Where are the bodies? AAS doesn’t effect health negatively, doctors don’t know shit” and “Bro all you need is a cycle to bulk and get big and then a cycle to cut and you’re good” etc lol

I did come off for periods of time from 18 til about 21-22... That’s about the time I was hypnotized even more by the internet retard of GH15... That’s when I started just “cruising” with Test in between but lucky for me I was partying and so inconsistent in my early 20’s that I didn’t do crazy doses or too much Tren for more than a week or 2 straight then I’d miss shots and just scrap a cycle and just do a cc of Test a week.. I haven’t touched anything harsh since i was about 22-23, but been on Test ever since until 28 when I tried to come off for 8 months and that was hell.. Been on real scripted TRT for about 6 months now, I’ll never come off again if it means feeling how I did those 8 months...
Yeah it sucks going off especially if you never snap back. I started in my late 20s so my HPTA had imprinted more than a young teenage guy. Plus I cycled religiously. still it took me a long time to recover back in my late 30s when I gave the shit up for 10 years.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws