over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

going through Sobriety and eating clean, tough stuff

Gators

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi all, as i've said in several posts here in the counseling forum, i'm a recovering alcoholic, and in sobriety i've been finding it really hard to eat clean, and i've got a mofo of a sweet tooth. I guess this is normal, body is craving endorphins that no longer are being produced by alcohol? Anyway, any of y'all found any 'tricks' to lessen that sweet tooth, maybe deaden the appetite a bit, i dunno, i just know i got up at 4 and wiped out some oatmeal cookies (keep here for the kids)

triathloncoach

I'm sober for 18 months. Married with kids. Don't worry about the sweet tooth. If you have the control to stay away from drinking, allow yourself a sweet tooth. The sweet tooth will lessen - as will the need to drink. Have a cookie for me - it's better than a drink. Just ask your family.

coffee kills my sweet tooth, but hell, a cookie is waaaaaaayyy better than Jack! First things first ;)

Keep it up Gator, wishing you the best on a good, clean life!:)

Hi all, as i've said in several posts here in the counseling forum, i'm a recovering alcoholic, and in sobriety i've been finding it really hard to eat clean, and i've got a mofo of a sweet tooth. I guess this is normal, body is craving endorphins that no longer are being produced by alcohol? Anyway, any of y'all found any 'tricks' to lessen that sweet tooth, maybe deaden the appetite a bit, i dunno, i just know i got up at 4 and wiped out some oatmeal cookies (keep here for the kids)

First off, awesome job on the sobriety. It is definitely tough stuff and the more things get difficult in everyday life, the tougher it gets for me. As for the diet, i eat clean 85% of the time and allow myself to have a full out cheat meal twice a week AND it seems to keep my cravings under control(for sweet food).

I have also tried sugar-free pudding, sugar-free jello, crystal light popsicles and a few other sugar-free treats. They seem to do the job taste wise but there is definitely something super nice about a hershey's bar every once in a while:D

Gator

stay strong, you can achieve what you want, we can support you and will if you need us.

Way to go Gator!!!:D Really happy for you!! I can relate to your situation. I've been there as have alot of others. It's bumpy in the beginning but as time goes by and your time sober increases you'l find it easier and easier. Good luck my friend.

I'm sober for 18 months. Married with kids. Don't worry about the sweet tooth. If you have the control to stay away from drinking, allow yourself a sweet tooth. The sweet tooth will lessen - as will the need to drink. Have a cookie for me - it's better than a drink. Just ask your family.

Congrads on 18mths!!! Friend of Bill? You're right on about the kids noticing a big difference, my girls comment all the time now about it. I guess i shouldn't be griping too much, but the fat's not melting off like it was, down to the stuff around the waist. Guess it will get there, just keep grinding, it's like everything else in life worth having, work work work...

Sugar free pop-sicles, sugar free jello. Meets most of my cravings. Strawberries with a little stevia works as well. As a matter of fact these are my downfall, I go through a huge flat from Costco mixed with Blackberries in four or five days with my gf. I guess its better than cake. BTW I think its possible to have some cookies that are not that bad with oatmeal, protein, peanut butter, etc. although I guess at 4:00, is there really any "good" Cookie?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131