over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Golden Era BBers...so many assumptions

I've studied the "Golden Boys" extensively; I'm OBSESSED with Arnold, can't lie haha

I happen to know for a fact that Arnold did NOT use high dosages of Testosterone, at any point in his career. They were told that new synthetic analogues of testosterone such as Dianabol were safer and more effective with less side-effects; this explains the low incidence of GYNO. He also never used HGH or Insulin, obviously. These guys were using glandulars at the time, so I am sure if HGH were available, Arnie would have been the very first to take it! :)

Arnold used high doages of Primobolan in conjunction with Dianabol, Anavar, Winstrol, and Anadrol. He used some Deca-Durabolin as well, and that's about IT.

I'm telling you, it's more about HOW HE TRAINED AND ATE than it was about WHAT HE USED. Arnold is a genius, and if he had access to modern drugs..he would WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THESE GUYS!!:cool:

*ALSO--as I mentioned in my other thread; TIME! TIME rules all! Arnie started bodybuilding at 14 years old..enough said.

Last edited:
Arnold used high doages of Primobolan in conjunction with Dianabol, Anavar, Winstrol, and Anadrol. He used some Deca-Durabolin as well, and that's about IT.

I'm telling you, it's more about HOW HE TRAINED AND ATE than it was about WHAT HE USED. Arnold is a genius, and if he had access to modern drugs..he would WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THESE GUYS!!:cool:

*ALSO--as I mentioned in my other thread; TIME! TIME rules all! Arnie started bodybuilding at 14 years old..enough said.

All true from my research in the past also...back then they thought they WERE pushing the envelope with high doses as most of this stuff was so new that no one knew what would happen if they took 1000mg of something...or 10 dbol a day...

I have read things about people saying Arnold was crazy for his high doses and took all he could get his hands on (from Weider usually)...but even this was say 700mg a week of Primo. 4-5 dbol a day. Etc. Not excessive doses by today's standards for SURE but they thought they were high...I think they had Parabolan back then or whatever the original tren was called also...

I can tell you that , and I do know as a fact. no one knows what Arnold took , but Arnold.

even people that trained with him , even those that lived with him...
not even the weiders. and this is a fact. wish I could say how I know this one...

everyone that says differently is taking liberty with the truth.

what he was, and probably still is , a champion not only in bodybuilding but head games as well.

The Zane comment was initially meant to be humorous, but it didn't turn out that way. I agree it was harsh. Many have used Frank Zane as an example of someone who used a moderate dose of AAS and acheived a perfectly symmetrical physique...etc What I'm suggesting is that we have no idea what he was really using. We don't know how he responds to juice..etc. He was a Mr Olympia and I don't beleive he did any less than the other competitors. His small waist, pleasing lines etc are a function of his shape, bone structure and genetics. Gear use is secondary.

My close friend GB uses about 1500-2000mg of homebrewed AAS per week and he is 180lbs, ultra low bf and extremely symmetrical, nice lines, reminds me of Frank Zane. He has a very small bone structure, and when he came off for a couple of years, he weighed 140lbs, cut to the bone. He would eat 2 meals a day, one consisting of Mcdonald's. Then we have another mutual friend who reached a fairly solid 260lbs after two baby cycles, first one was 375mg Sust per week, next one was 500mg Test + 300mg Tren per week. All this at the age of twenty-one. (He became a drug addict unfortunately and now walks around at 170lbs, but that's a different story) If you saw him, you would think he was on a heavy stack for a very low time, he was even squatting over 5 plates a side for 6-7 reps. His potential was huge.

I don't think you can necessarily judge how much someone is using and I think it is irrelevant. Comparing AAS doses between different people is just pointless and doesn't prove much. You have to find out what works for you.

I should be so lucky! LOL!!:D

What I wanna know is how they had no gyno and no acne. Support meds to prevent that weren't around then and I don't think plastic surgery was available back then to properly fix gyno no?

What I wanna know is how they had no gyno and no acne. Support meds to prevent that weren't around then and I don't think plastic surgery was available back then to properly fix gyno no?

Umm...did you read my post? :)

not pushing the envelope?

All true from my research in the past also...back then they thought they WERE pushing the envelope with high doses as most of this stuff was so new that no one knew what would happen if they took 1000mg of something...or 10 dbol a day...

I am not so sure about that. Both oral and injectable were known to have reached 3,000 mg per day
and many times that amount for shorter periods of time.

Suggest reading Muscle, Smoke and Mirrors, Volume II by Randy Roach. He interviewed many of the top
bodybuilders of the Golden Era and you might just be surprised by how much some were using, massive
dosages that “boggle the mind.” Drug usage aside, it’s a great read for anybody who is interested in
bodybuilding and nutrition.

And I believe Superhuman Radio will air tonight an episode with Randy and Pete Grymkowski where
they talk about the real amounts of androgens that bodybuilders in the 1970's were using. Now you can
hear it from the horse’s mouth, and not the other end . . . Might be worth listening to.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131