over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Golden Nuggets of Wisdom

method2madness

Registered
If their was just one thing you could tell all beginning bodybuilders or weight training fanatics regarding lifting specifically, what would it be? My golden nugget of wisdom is to always make your knees go in the same direction as your toes when doing any type of squat or leg press movement in order to dramatically decrease potential traumatic knee injury. What do you guys have?

Mine is all about the lenses in which you view training. Most people view working out through negative lenses...eg. "I HAVE to go to the gym today." Instead, consider the ability to go to the gym and train as a BLESSING. "I GET to go to the gym." The pandemic taught many of us how precious being able to train is when everything shut down and many of us were left with nothing but rocks and sandbags. Next time you wake up and are too lazy to go to the gym, consider how a guy who was paralyzed from the waist down in a car accident would feel. Do you think he would pass on the opportunity to exercise? As I am aging 50+, I look back on missed opportunities and wish I had many of them back. IMO there is no single piece of advice better than viewing the opportunity to workout through positive lenses and recognizing what a blessing it truly is.

I would encourage them to aggressively pursue the anabolic benefits of lengthening and extending the muscles we Spend so much time contracting

Hey thats a good one that I follow..most of the time hahah.

Its that less is more. Youre first cycle isnt necessarily your best like they say. Ive had better ones with more experience with hormones.

500mg is a lot for someones first cycle when theyre 175 lbs and Ive seen countless posts for 15 years about running 500 Test, 400 Deca, and some dianabol. When that same weight could have been gained nearly in 300ish mg if weekly test. This goes for the closet 18 year olds that claim to be older to avoid being flamed (I was one of those I just never said my age)

Also the more Test and other hormones you take with a bad diet will make you fatter. If I eat the same bad diet on 750-1000mgs as opposed to just 350-500mg so I see if Im a hyper-responder,

Also When Tren being no joke, that shit is serious, especially Enanthate. Its the only compound where the ester has a profoudn affect on sides.

DO NOT EGO LIFT! Form baby. Lit light. Squat 135 all the way to the ground if you have to for high reps. I did it earlier beside this guy and he was judging. I did go heavier, but it works for me to do 30 squats at 135-185 and explode up and take 4-5 FULL seconds to go down. Or go heavier for 20 rep squats by a bit and go a bit faster. I can curl decently ( I armwrestle some) but some workouts Im merely training my tendons or endurance.

For cardio: Use the stair climber! It tones that ass and quads so well. The treadmill is good and all and has its place, but the stairs after any workout is great. Gets me a damn pump in my legs

Out of my swim lane but.... Master the basics slow is smooth.. smooth is fast.

Take your minor injuries seriously. Don't slack on rehab when it's 80% better, keep up with it until it's 100% and not coming back. Don't do what I do and just wait I get a worse injury somewhere else, so I forget about the first one.

Some of these may sound cliche but they are valuable points. Please don't injure your lower back. One bad rep is all it takes for it to never be the same and a lifetime of discomfort. don't max out on squats, bench, & deads unless you plan to compete. not competing in powerlifting? the risk isn't worth it to max out on any and all of those lifts and blow something out. Oh...and when you're young you may feel invincible but you better believe that won't last forever.

This info is probably not like some sort of hidden gem but more like the basics. Which I think people deviate way too much from trying to reinvent the wheel.

1- Consistency is the most important thing

1- Progressive overload, keep track what you were lifting last time stick to the same lifts make sure you lift more next time. (This is more important than "trying to shock the muscle and switching workouts" all the time) stick to a plan sure you could change one exercise here or there but the base exercises should remain the same. For chest barbell bench press should be emphasized, for back barbell row, for legs squat or leg press

2- Do DC or hit (Dorian Yates style) training Not bro splits. Push pull legs. Take adequate days off.

INTENSITY IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN VOLUME I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS.

Focus on The eccentric part of the movement don't let the weight just drop

3-Do not bulk, if you are trying to gain muscle eat enough nutrients and enough of a surplus to gain that amount of muscle if you find that you're putting on a lot of fat real fast something is off. Besides does it make sense to call yourself a bodybuilder when you're fat as fuck?.... NO

4-Eat at least five times a day (solid meals) high protein adjust carbs and fats as needed. Eat home cooked food, eating out should be done two times a week Max.

If their was just one thing you could tell all beginning bodybuilders or weight training fanatics regarding lifting specifically, what would it be?

More than one thing:

- Muscle growth is a slow process. Eating excessive amounts does not accelerate the process.

- Keep an eye on your waist. Did it increase because you added 100 lb to your squat and deadlift? Or did you just eat too much?

- Of all the lifting disciplines, bodybuilding workouts are the least thought out. Spend some time becoming knowledgeable on powerlifting, olympic lifting, and strongman to see the importance of smart volume and the central nervous system. Then use that knowledge to better program your workouts.

- To the point above, it will allow you to understand progressive overload better and the way to incorporate it best for your own body type. We are not all built the same. Bodybuilders think in absolutes. When they hear the word volume they think of a guy using 135 on every exercise and hope the accumulation of endless sets will result in progress. Or they do 20 sets and try to do all of them to failure. Neither approach works. Well-rounded periodization and understanding volume can result in great progress. Dan Green, Ben Pollack, Andy Huang, Steve Gentili, and Dimitriy Klokov aren't bodybuilders (Ben is now), but carry a lot of muscle mass.

- Whichever training style you choose, assess how it affects your life. If you can train high intensity like Dorian or JP and an hour after your workout carry on as normal and sleep unassisted at night, then you can probably handle it. If not, try another approach. Trial and error and learning is part of what makes this all enjoyable.

Lee haney......."stimulate dont annihilate"

More than one thing:

- Muscle growth is a slow process. Eating excessive amounts does not accelerate the process.

- Keep an eye on your waist. Did it increase because you added 100 lb to your squat and deadlift? Or did you just eat too much?

- Of all the lifting disciplines, bodybuilding workouts are the least thought out. Spend some time becoming knowledgeable on powerlifting, olympic lifting, and strongman to see the importance of smart volume and the central nervous system. Then use that knowledge to better program your workouts.

- To the point above, it will allow you to understand progressive overload better and the way to incorporate it best for your own body type. We are not all built the same. Bodybuilders think in absolutes. When they hear the word volume they think of a guy using 135 on every exercise and hope the accumulation of endless sets will result in progress. Or they do 20 sets and try to do all of them to failure. Neither approach works. Well-rounded periodization and understanding volume can result in great progress. Dan Green, Ben Pollack, Andy Huang, Steve Gentili, and Dimitriy Klokov aren't bodybuilders (Ben is now), but carry a lot of muscle mass.

- Whichever training style you choose, assess how it affects your life. If you can train high intensity like Dorian or JP and an hour after your workout carry on as normal and sleep unassisted at night, then you can probably handle it. If not, try another approach. Trial and error and learning is part of what makes this all enjoyable.
I agree,

Just mistakes I've made in the past and have seen is.... people read things like Ronnie Coleman's workout protocol think that's the best protocol to do cuz "he's the best" following a genetic freak's
workout program isnt going to help the individual. It probably wasnt even optimal for Ronnie either... Especially looking at him today it's pretty sad. A lot of YouTubers right now are pushing the mantra based on some scientific study that there's a linear correlation between the amount of volume done and the amount of muscle gained. I used to say things like there is no such thing as under training... They're definitely is.

Correction correction for my last statement I used to say there's no such thing as overtraining

Correction correction for my last statement I used to say there's no such thing as overtraining
There is no such thing as overtraining...just over stimulation. Not muc of a difference unless I write a damn essay though

I got another one, protect your hair early on almost everyone loses their hair especially if they take steroids (yes it may take longer than others but it pretty much happens to everyone at some point) and almost everyone looks better with hair. Lol, if you use the big three and Ru. Prevent hair loss or slow it down in the first place. You won't have to use more invasive techniques to try to bring it back.

There is no such thing as overtraining...just over stimulation. Not muc of a difference unless I write a damn essay though
Technically yes, but practically no amount of food, sleep or drugs can make up for overtraining. It's much more simple to explain to people that yes over training is a thing.... When people that know little about training many times ask me damn you must be going to the gym everyday for like 3 hours. I have to explain to them that that would not help my progress that would be a detriment, I do as much as I can do and what I believe is optimal for me.

I only say this from experience, because I heard that same statement ("there is no such thing as overtraining") and it resonated with me. This just caused me to over eat, waist life over sleeping and spending too long in the gym (which is definitely a thing and a form of overtraining), and taking more drugs than necessary.

Technically yes, but practically no amount of food, sleep or drugs can make up for overtraining. It's much more simple to explain to people that yes over training is a thing.

I only say this from experience, because I heard that same statement ("there is no such thing as overtraining") and it resonated with me. This just caused me to over eat, waist life over sleeping and spending too long in the gym (which is definitely a thing and a form of overtraining), and taking more drugs than necessary.
Exactly!

I have been doing full body workout seven days a week for almost a decade. I never hit overtraining. But during my training I almost never over stimulate either...unless I’m going for a PR....which if I’m being honest, lately has been several times a week lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear