over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GOLD'S GYM of VENICE

airpendleton23

Registered
Just found out Im going to get to train down at the gold's gym in Venice, CA this weekend. Are there any pro-m members that currently train there?

Also, what ever happened to the original Gold's that Arnold trained in? I assume its been torn down for years. A gym rat I know told me it was still there but was unavailable for public use.

Last edited:
I don't train there, but will be training there this weekend too. Going to L.A. for the weekend then going to Cabo for a vaca with the woman. Never been there so I'm looking forward to it.

I live about a half hour from there.
I've been there many times, but I've never trained there.
I've trained at World's, and the old Powerhouse which is no longer there.
You have to eat at the Firehouse, greatest BB'er restaurant ever.
Also go to Max Muscle, cool shop and you might see a BB or 2 there.
I don't believe the old Gold's is still around.
The area really isn't what it used to be, sad.
I never go there anymore, I've been there twice in the last 5 years or so.

Thats awesome bro...wish i could train there

Thats awesome bro...wish i could train there

thanks man, i am pretty stoked myself. i have been wanting to go down there forever and everything just worked out perfectly for this weekend.

i wonder if any pros are still training there, i assume there must be.

I´ve trained there a few times in the past and loved it. I´m sure you will too. I actually got to talk to Charles Glass a little while I was there. The old Gold´s is still there but is basically a closed up and run down building at this point.

On a side note, I think it totally sucks that Arnold had all of his pictures removed from the walls.

Many years ago, it was sort of neat to just drop by the area, get a workout in and eat at the Firehouse. It was like seeing where the movies are made in a way though. Your expectations always outshine the reality when you have imagined something to be so great. Still, I went out of my way to do it, but again that was many years ago when I had a vacation house in Vegas and my friend in Vegas had a second home in LA. Those were different times, different times!

The old golds gym is a personal residence. you can still see the old facade of the building in the front.

I live about a half hour from there.
I've been there many times, but I've never trained there.
I've trained at World's, and the old Powerhouse which is no longer there.
You have to eat at the Firehouse, greatest BB'er restaurant ever.
Also go to Max Muscle, cool shop and you might see a BB or 2 there.
I don't believe the old Gold's is still around.
The area really isn't what it used to be, sad.
I never go there anymore, I've been there twice in the last 5 years or so.

here in diego we have a lame assembly line of max muscle shops, its a fluke to see a body builder down here in them shops

All of the Max Muscle stores are lame, the Venice one is the only one that is decent, but even that one isn't great.

I´ve trained there a few times in the past and loved it. I´m sure you will too. I actually got to talk to Charles Glass a little while I was there. The old Gold´s is still there but is basically a closed up and run down building at this point.

On a side note, I think it totally sucks that Arnold had all of his pictures removed from the walls.

I didn't know Arnold did that, any reason as to why?

I trained there a few times, I talked to a pro who was in the movie "Be Cool". That place is huge.

Off topic. But have to say congratulations on your recent successes Peter.And I wish you luck in the future.

Just got back...

Awesome experience training down there. Beats the hell out of training at the local L.A. Fitness. In fact I am kinda bummed about having to train at a "fitness gym" again.

Silvio Samuel was there and seemed pretty nice. Spoke with him very briefly. Also Charles Glass was training Hidetada Yamagishi and some woman that was literally huge.

As far as the Arnold pics, there were still some up, however he was noticeably missing from the lineup of Olympia champions. So I'm not sure what the deal was. There was also some pics of Mr. Phil Hernon. It was a pretty amazing experience all the way around. I recommend anyone to stop there thats in the area. I'll get pics up once they are on my computer.

Last edited:
I used to make a 3 hour drive once a month just to train there. I love the atmoshpere with all the freaks and wierdos. Its truly an entertaining place to be. Nothing like a good training session followed by a meal at the Firehouse, then a stroll on the boardwalk.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131