over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Golfer's elbow

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Somehow I got symptoms golfer’s elbow. Can’t rotate or straighten my arm from the elbow down. . It gets very painful and annoying. Restricts my lifting too.
Any idea how to treat this? :mad:

Does it feel like shin splints down the back side of your forearm??

Does it feel like shin splints down the back side of your forearm??

Not like that, it hurts when i rotate my arm or stretch my arm. It gets so bad that at some moments i cant move my arm at all.
Pain comes from the inside of elbow side where tendon/muscle meets bone. Even hurts when i push on it.

I would suggest you get it checked out by a doctor
I had a similar situations and it was a injured tendon
but I got lucky and didn't need surgery.
Good luck

I've dealt with both golfer and tennis elbow so essentially both sides of the elbow. Prolozone injections worked work for me last year but when it flared up again this year I wanted to ave some $ and started to do a little digging on youtube. Doing mobility work and therapy at home as helped a ton. Here's a few clips below:

* a lot of this is lateral side but it's all interrelated and doing lateral work has helped the inside as well.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9i26FSwVq8"]Elbow Pain Medial and Lateral Epicondylitis BAM the fix! | Trevor Bachmeyer | SmashweRx - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2E3SbCUz34"]Forearm pump/elbow pain | Feat. Kelly Starrett | Ep. 291 | MobilityWOD - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMuqfru7eE"]Lateral Elbow Pain/Epicondylitis/Tennis/Kimura Elbow | Feat. Kelly Starrett | Ep. 273 | MobilityWOD - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Reno911, im gonna check it out

Is that the same as tennis elbow? I had that about 6 months ago for a couple months from running demolition hammers.. got an inflammatory steroid shot and it fixed me up after 3 day. The bad part was the damn nurse didnt aspirate and shot it in a vein.. worse 10 minutes of my life.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Is that the same as tennis elbow? I had that about 6 months ago for a couple months from running demolition hammers.. got an inflammatory steroid shot and it fixed me up after 3 day. The bad part was the damn nurse didnt aspirate and shot it in a vein.. worse 10 minutes of my life.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Similar but on the other side of elbow

Attachments

• Golfers-Elbow-pain-treatment-doctor.jpg
    Golfers-Elbow-pain-treatment-doctor.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 130
Definitely voodoo floss that shit. Bpc is a life saver too

i had tennis and golfers elbow for a long time, tried a lot of things, and the only thing that helped me was ART, once I started getting it done I got better fairly quick, as a matter of fact I could feel the difference after the first session, the first few sessions I had hurt like a bitch but it was worth it

Yep i had it. Took about 4 weeks to heal.

I would suggest you get it checked out by a doctor
I had a similar situations and it was a injured tendon
but I got lucky and didn't need surgery.
Good luck

I agree. I had this happen to me and I let it go and it took forever to heal up. I would get it looked at ASAP.

Tumeric helped mine heal, and since then, I keep it in my daily supps that I take.

Ibuprofen therapy can be tried too: 800 mg 3X/day for 5 days.

A lot of good suggestions in here. Reno makes a great call with the starett videos. Can't go wrong with anything from him. The voodoo floss, as someone else mentioned, can be great for this too and just anything to put compression on the area in general. The ART/manual therapy suggestion is good as well if you can find a good therapist near you. Counter force bracing can also help if you need to be doing activities throughout the day that bother it. Put it about an inch below where you are getting the symptoms. Just a moderate amount of pressure with it, you dont need it to be super tight.

Counter force brace:

**broken link removed**

Are you getting any pain into the hand/fingers? Any numbness or tingling?

Not like that, it hurts when i rotate my arm or stretch my arm. It gets so bad that at some moments i cant move my arm at all.
Pain comes from the inside of elbow side where tendon/muscle meets bone. Even hurts when i push on it.

That's tennis elbow, medial epicondylitis. Golfers = lateral epicondylitis.

Treatment for both is the same. Rest, ice for pain and inflammation, ART/IASTM on the surrounding structures, PULSED (if acute, can be continuous when chronic) ultrasound, the "band". The Band is like wrapping your knees before lifting. You're eliminating the stress on that segment of tendon/ligament. It's help recovery. See a Chiro or PT for modalities/rehab work.

Edit: forgot to mention Voodoo floss. You it has helped a few patients of mine regain mobility, ROM, and decrease pain.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_