over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Golfers Elbow

chingaling

Registered
Newbies
I’m a 46yo who can sill keep up with the young bucks in the gym... until the last month or so. I’ve done cycles in my 20’s, but for the last 20 years I’ve been on TRT at 150-200 mg per week. I’ve been hit with this golfers elbow (inner) for the last month that’s getting worse. Never played golf in my life, so I know it’s from the gym. t’s my inner elbow that radiates into my upper forearm. Anything where I have to grip (lat pull downs, rowing, curls) feels like shit is ripping apart in my forearms. Doc said it’s a nagging injury and rest will help improve it. I haven’t gotten any cortisone ...yet. Anyone experience this or can provide tips on how you improved it. Thx y’all.

I had this very early on when I started lifting.

If an exercise aggravates it, don't do the exercise. But the main key to fixing it is resting the arm, stretching (bend wrist backwards / forwards), and icing at the source of pain.

Avoid cortisone if possible.

I’m a 46yo who can sill keep up with the young bucks in the gym... until the last month or so. I’ve done cycles in my 20’s, but for the last 20 years I’ve been on TRT at 150-200 mg per week. I’ve been hit with this golfers elbow (inner) for the last month that’s getting worse. Never played golf in my life, so I know it’s from the gym. t’s my inner elbow that radiates into my upper forearm. Anything where I have to grip (lat pull downs, rowing, curls) feels like shit is ripping apart in my forearms. Doc said it’s a nagging injury and rest will help improve it. I haven’t gotten any cortisone ...yet. Anyone experience this or can provide tips on how you improved it. Thx y’all.

https://youtu.be/XXjaCsUlrZs

Golfer's elbow aka medial epicondylitis. The pain is due to the inflammation of the wrist flexors at the origin (inside forearm near the elbow). Cortisone shouldn't be used unless all possible treatments have been exhausted.

Ice and Rest
Cross friction massage and/or IASTM
Stretch stretch stretch (2-3x/day) Google wrist flexor stretches
Voodoo floss
BPC and/or TB500

Ultrasound
Shockwave

Voodoo floss is cool for an alternative treatment but if you really want to heal it and heal it fast, hit it with growth hormone. I've dealt with a plethora of tendinitis issues over time and you'll be glad you did

need a good A.R.T. practitioner

I feel like tumeric/curcumin helps. And avoid exercises that cause problems and keep volume to a reasonable level on others. As far as exercises, the rotational exercises helped (see below . . . and ironically, I used a golf club--not a hammer--for my "golfer's" below), and there was another one in which I used rubber bands for finger extensions that helped too.

I agree with avoiding cortisone, that’s something to consider only after every other option is exhausted. Lots of good suggestions here!

I am 51 yo, after suffering with elbow tendonitus for years, usually working around the pain I finally completely tore the tricep tendon and had it reattached about 8 years ago. I still say it was my best injury in my 37 years of doing this. I had it surgically reattached and 8 weeks locked up I was ok to start lifting with the guidance that "if it hurt, don't do it" all my tendon issues have disappreared in that arm.
I remember I did wear a small brace prior to my tear, its a small brace that goes around your forearm with velcro. This did help shorten the tendon and alliieviate some pain.

I suggest to try Vince Taylor`s Hand Ball Grips.

I was able to cure my Golfers Elbow quickly and easily. I started to carry sandbags. If you don't have access to any go to a store and carry bird or dog food. I found pressing my fingers into the bag strengthened my forearm like no other exercise.

Golfer's elbow aka medial epicondylitis. The pain is due to the inflammation of the wrist flexors at the origin (inside forearm near the elbow). Cortisone shouldn't be used unless all possible treatments have been exhausted.

Ice and Rest
Cross friction massage and/or IASTM
Stretch stretch stretch (2-3x/day) Google wrist flexor stretches
Voodoo floss
BPC and/or TB500

Ultrasound
Shockwave

This is exactly my language and suggestions. There is a device also, that works the forearms called ArmAid. (www.armaid.com) I use one daily, and remain injury free as a therapist.
Also, when you do return to lifting after a rest period, keep in mind not to grip too tightly. Using something like Versa Gripps will alleviate the need to squeeze the bar so hard... which is what set this up in the first place. When you let your hands remain light, and pull with the elbows (such as a lat pulldown) instead, it saves the arms and keeps better focus in the intended muscle

Getting old sucks, it tends to limit the available exercises that stimulate growth while not aggravating injuries.

I cringe when I see young guys doing pull downs behind the neck.

Voodoo floss and a therabar have been a god send

I've had similar issues with elbow tendinitis in the past and flossing with the voodoo bands before upper body work has helped.

Also, I would suggest getting away from fixed bar movements for a few weeks and stick with exercises where your wrists aren't fixed into a position.

I.e. Dumbbell curls in lieu of BB curls, DB press instead of BB press, and 2 handle row movements instead of fixed bar/bb rows.

At least I've found these to be helpful. Of course a peptide like BPC157 will accelerate the healing process.

This is exactly my language and suggestions. There is a device also, that works the forearms called ArmAid. (www.armaid.com) I use one daily, and remain injury free as a therapist.
Also, when you do return to lifting after a rest period, keep in mind not to grip too tightly. Using something like Versa Gripps will alleviate the need to squeeze the bar so hard... which is what set this up in the first place. When you let your hands remain light, and pull with the elbows (such as a lat pulldown) instead, it saves the arms and keeps better focus in the intended muscle

Which head do you recommend on ARMAID for tennis elbow type pain?
It actually the tendon on the outside of my forearm and I get this after heavy benching.
I been looking at those, and am about to order one, I recon the Orange ball would be best suited to get in there?
Thanks

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner