over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good books out now?

loganb_football

Registered
I know this has been brought up before and many books were recommended.. Im wanting to go to Amazon or half.com today and order some books to read. Anybody have any new ones they could suggest?

what are you into? Fiction, non fiction, self help?

For fiction i love the following:

Richard Knaak - The world of warcraft books....especially the war of the ancients
Rick Riordan - percy jackson novels....there are 5 of them and they are fun, easy to get into stories about greek mythology...sorta like a deity based harry potter
Stephanie Meyer - i love the twilight series. It is sorta teen romance involving vampires but it is still good
Brian Lumley - the necroscope series.....it is awesome. Start with necroscope and there are likee 12 books. It is another vampire series but different than any you have ever read.
Robert Jordan - the wheel of time series. It is fantasy on par with tolkien It has 13 books currently i believe.

Read "The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution" by Richard Dawkins. It's awesome.

Also, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

Twighlight series...LOL. Wow that is gay

Read "The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution" by Richard Dawkins. It's awesome.

Also, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.

Twighlight series...LOL. Wow that is gay

its a good read man=-) Vampires, werewolves, romance....whats not to like....lol. Plus SOOOOOO many chicks are into reading the series, it gives you some great conversation material.....lol.

Stephanie Meyers also wrote another novel that is more adult oriented than twilight, i can't remember the name though.

Readyset: I'll read about anything, but mostly non-fiction, biography, self help, etc. Last time we had people's recommendations I found a few gems...

Osiris, do you have any books that aren't in a series? The last thing I want to do is read a book, love it, and have to wait until the next book comes in to figure out what happens next lol...

CDJack what is "The Greatest Show on Earth..." about?

Readyset: I'll read about anything, but mostly non-fiction, biography, self help, etc. Last time we had people's recommendations I found a few gems...

Osiris, do you have any books that aren't in a series? The last thing I want to do is read a book, love it, and have to wait until the next book comes in to figure out what happens next lol...

CDJack what is "The Greatest Show on Earth..." about?

logan, all those series are complete now=-) You can read the first one and order away.

I tend to like the forgotten realms books from ed greenwood, dragonlance from margaret weiss. I like anything fantasy, not much help outside that realm=-) unless you want good programming book reccommendations.

Not sure what type of books you like.

But right now one of the best modern fiction books out is The Kite Runner.

Is it debatable? Yes. But look at the reviews compared to other modern fiction books.

Also I found amazon a great place to look at reviews of books.

Some more: Life of Pi was good. But of course you have all the classics, gatsby, G orwell's books, etc. But if we look at the non modern ones we would be here all day listing the greats.

But I like this thread.

Would like to see some good non-fiction favorites here.

Last edited:
Lifting related material? Perhaps your post should be elsewhere if you're not looking for BB type info.

The Shack

holey moley....just an amazin book. You will not regret reading it.

Good book

another 2 good books (both were made into movies but if you havent seen the movie...READ THE BOOK FIRST!!! MUCH BETTER)

The Road

The Blindside - i read this book about 4 years ago, a looong time before the movie. great book...first half is the history of the left tackle in the NFL and how Lawrence Taylor created a neeeed for athletic big men and the 2nd half is about Michael Oher.

I've been reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club author. It's about some sex addict dude that goes to sex addicts anonymous to, yep, have sex with women. It's good, books about fucked up shit usually are.

I was recommended The Void Trilogy by Peter Hamilton and what I've read so far it's good hard sci-fi, if you're into that.

Been meaning to get The Adderall Diaries after hearing an interview with the author Stephen Elliott on NPR. It's more fucked up shit, but it's partially autobiographical which makes the fucked up shit true, which makes said fucked up shit more interesting than previous fictional fucked up shit. I'd offer a synopsis but having never actually read it a link would be more appropriate.
Amazon.com: The Adderall Diaries: A Memoir of Moods, Masochism, and Murder (9781555975388): Stephen Elliott: Books

Lifting related material? Perhaps your post should be elsewhere if you're not looking for BB type info.

I get mad lactic acid buildup from lying on my back with my hands above my face.

I'm about mid way through the dark tower series from Stephen King its pretty good....

The Art of Racing in the Rain. (Fiction) I think this is one that anyone would love. It's the story of a young race car driver and his family drama...but told completely from the point of view of the family dog! Funny and charming and a quick read. Perfect for summer.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131