over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

good books to read on dieting?

Largeman250

Registered
So I just finished up my 2nd cert with ISSA and i already have my NASM and dave palumbos S.M.A.R.T but out of all the training i've received so far i have yet to find any decent info on dieting and creating diets...ISSA has quite a bit of info on dieting but its so conflicting with what i've read in the various bodybuilding books that i don't feel like its use full to me in the bodybuilding aspect. there diet designs are great for the average joe.. anyway im trying to figure out if there are some books out there that i havent read yet that will give me a better base to start from then the average joe diets.. id really like to start a studio some day but i don't feel ready for that yet with my obviously lacking education in dieting.. any ideas here fellas? i don't want to step on any toes just if you have recommendations on books you felt were of benefit i would love to pick them up and read through them.. i'm kind of a nerd lol

In terms of creating diets you kinda have to learn on your own.

I really enjoyed the Metabolic Typing Diet but I'm REALLY into nutrition.

How was the SMART cert?

Guide to Flexible Dieting by Lyle McDonald. You will know how to set things up in a no-bullshit manner. He has applied books like UD2 and the Ketogenic Diet which are also good but youll never need those for clients unless youre training people for contests.

Its at his site: www.bodyrecomposition.com

the traditional nutrition books usually suck.

Anything lyle Mcdonald is a go, Charles poliquin, John Berardi are also good.

Allthough you need to do your own trial and error and read up on the boards and see whats working for other bros.

I don't think you can ever follow anyone else's protocol to the T, or ever fine a perfect macro ratio. So anything you do research or learn you still have to apply your own knowledge and expeirience.

books

{Justin Harris} Troponin's book Complete Performance Nutrient Quick Reference Q and A Guide is a great book. Very Good!!

Also Nutrient Timing by John Ivy is also an exceptional book regarding dieting and the nurtients needed for optimum athletic performance.

my two favorite are -
The Anabolic Diet" by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale
"Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle" by Tom Venuto

Nutrient Timing and all the stuff you can find from Berardi and Justin Harris (Troponin)

wake

thanks for all the responses im going to order 4 or 5 of them today.. I really want to educate myself on not only client weight management but bodybuilding diet and possibly later on down the road contest prep..

Sliced by Bill Reynolds and Negrita Jayde is also an excellent piece of reading material, as is Underground Bodyopus by Daniel Duchaine.

Guide to Flexible Dieting by Lyle McDonald. You will know how to set things up in a no-bullshit manner. He has applied books like UD2 and the Ketogenic Diet which are also good but youll never need those for clients unless youre training people for contests.

Its at his site: www.bodyrecomposition.com

BINGO!!!

His book "The Protein Book" as well as all his other books are top-notch imo. He's my favorite writter out there right now for nutrition/dieting.

I'd add in Dan Duchaine's "BodyOpus" as well. Lyle has updated Dan's Book, but Bodyopus is a classic read regardless.

I'd also add in anything by Alan Aragon.

BMJ

So I just finished up my 2nd cert with ISSA and i already have my NASM and dave palumbos S.M.A.R.T but out of all the training i've received so far i have yet to find any decent info on dieting and creating diets...ISSA has quite a bit of info on dieting but its so conflicting with what i've read in the various bodybuilding books that i don't feel like its use full to me in the bodybuilding aspect. there diet designs are great for the average joe.. anyway im trying to figure out if there are some books out there that i havent read yet that will give me a better base to start from then the average joe diets.. id really like to start a studio some day but i don't feel ready for that yet with my obviously lacking education in dieting.. any ideas here fellas? i don't want to step on any toes just if you have recommendations on books you felt were of benefit i would love to pick them up and read through them.. i'm kind of a nerd lol

hey bud. I am graduating with a degree in dietetics in 2 more classes, if you are looking for good books dealing with all the aspects of nutrition and diet. Krauses Food and Nutritino Therapy authors L kathleen Mahan and sylvia escott stump. newest edition is the 12th. covers basically everything you need to know. It is an expensive book but you can always get the 11th edition on amazon or something and its basically the same.

hey bud. I am graduating with a degree in dietetics in 2 more classes, if you are looking for good books dealing with all the aspects of nutrition and diet. Krauses Food and Nutritino Therapy authors L kathleen Mahan and sylvia escott stump. newest edition is the 12th. covers basically everything you need to know. It is an expensive book but you can always get the 11th edition on amazon or something and its basically the same.

How long has the 12th ed been available? I have the 9th edition from when I graduated college. Early congrats on the degree!

BMJ

Chris Aceto
"Championship Bodybuilding"
simple, to the point... I use it and It definetly works!

How long has the 12th ed been available? I have the 9th edition from when I graduated college. Early congrats on the degree!

BMJ

It must be new this year. I had the 11th last year then had to get the 12th. but there both about the same, just chapters are mixed up diffrently.
only downside is that its over 1000 pages long. Its a good one to keep on the bookshelf if you need to look something up though.

You can get Krause's Food and Nutrition Therapy Edition 11 on amazon for about 50 dollars.
Hardcover: 1115 pages
has anyone actually read this big ass book?
Was wondering how deep it went, and if it's to complex for someone who's not a nutrition major.

Actually, I have the 10th ed, not the 9th. I just glanced at the 12th ed today from work where we have the Interns using them. I thought they only had the 10th ed at work, but actually have both now:)

Might have to "borrow" it:D

BMJ

an oldie but goodie - optimum sports nutrition

shelby wrote abokk on how to set up a carb cycling diet recently. its only like 10 bucks

justin harris's book is good

as is chris acetos 2 books.

i like cycling carbs though so im a little bias

Latimus, I just graduated with a degree in Dietetics and have that book. Agreed on the book, it was damn expensive. Applying to internships soon?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131