over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good dog to protect cats?

grizzly978

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well one of my cats has passed away by I am guessing a raccoon... I am so sad and now want a dog to protect for my other cat.

Any good breed you guys recommend that will be loyal to my cat and me? Sorry I'm not a dog guy so help is appreciated

Any docile dog can get along with your cat and still push away critters. I would look into good family dogs like a lab, golden retriever, or something similar. Both are great dogs and will buddy up with cats. Hell my ex wife has a german shepherd that is best friends with her cats. Stay away from breeds that are too aggressive though.

In my experience all my dogs introduced as puppies have always been great to my cats. Not always stray cats, but definitely our pets.

BULLPUP....

Attachments

• bullpup.jpg
    bullpup.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 192
Sorry about your cat, I've lost two to Coyotes over the years. I feel your pain..

I have two German Shepherds, and two cats. The cats still go out, but they come in at dark. The dogs are great with the cats as well, and would protect my family and the cats against any threats.

I'd feel like the cats would be more able to provide their own protection than a dog anyway! I'm a dog person for sure but man, cats can be vicious Haha. Anyway, sorry about your pet! It always sucks losing a friend like that.

I do think the size, and protective nature of German Shepherds would be helpful.. Should keep any intruders out. Man or beast! Even those of us somewhere in between ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Weiner dog. Those little bastards are vicous.

Weiner dog. Those little bastards are vicous.

lmao....i had one as a kid....she would NOT let anyone
or anything in the backyard....fucking hilarious to watch
people run from her....

one of the best dogs i ever had.....miss her.

little bitch lived 21 years.

:cool:

I kinda doubt it was a raccoon. They just aren't really predatory to something the size of a cat.
Any of the herding/protector breeds would be good. Great Pyrenese, Giant Schnauzer or German Shepard. All have strong protective instincts and are highly intelligent.
Stay away from terriers. I'm not saying they would all be bad but they were bred to kill small animals and most just don't like cats.

Samoyed gets along well with cat, but in fact, living with master for a long time they eventully tend to be friends of us and protect us and other buddy:p:p

My Chocolate Lab/Pit mix is fiercely protective of my cats, any "critters" wandering into the yard get smashed up good. She will run to the door if she hears the cat in trouble. Granted, she gives the cat plenty of shit but she's gentle about it.

Best dog I ever had with cats was a pitbull, he mostly ignored them but would get protective if any of our other dogs got too rough with them.. Worth mentioning that the worst dog I've ever had with cats was also a pit haha she hasn't seriously hurt any of them but she plays very rough and occasionally snaps and goes after them

I kinda doubt it was a raccoon. They just aren't really predatory to something the size of a cat.
Any of the herding/protector breeds would be good. Great Pyrenese, Giant Schnauzer or German Shepard. All have strong protective instincts and are highly intelligent.
Stay away from terriers. I'm not saying they would all be bad but they were bred to kill small animals and most just don't like cats.

Well I live near coyote country so it could have been one of them too, I was just assuming raccoons because there are some massive ones around here and they are vicious.

The Great Pyrenese looks like it would be great since it is a sheep dog, and has a protective instinct

Golden Retriever for cats and kids. Without worry for anything, an excellent dog.

I just keep my cat inside only. Too easy for them to die from other animals or idiot people.

The Newfoundland. Strong, good and gentle dog. He will protect your cats and other pets.

I have a shetland sheepdog and he protects my cat and even cleans her sometimes. Although, they max out around 30lbs (they still got alot of fight in them). He is very protective and sensitive. He is one hell of an alarm dog. At night, he patrols the house. Looks like a collie but half the size. Many times when my cat wasn't inside by night, he has awaken me due to some commotion outside (so far - just male cats harassing her) and he charges like a bull after them. This can be a concern because dogs are often over-zealous. But anything bigger than him has to deal with 00-Buckshot.

Last edited:
Well one of my cats has passed away by I am guessing a raccoon... I am so sad and now want a dog to protect for my other cat.

Any good breed you guys recommend that will be loyal to my cat and me? Sorry I'm not a dog guy so help is appreciated
My lab protected my cat like a damn pit bull! Just get a young dog from rescue. I'd also recommend boxers as they're obedient as hell, and very protective. I just got a boxer after 16 wonderful yrs w my lab. She's cool w the cat. After a lil while I'm sure she'll be more protective.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Professional Muscle mobile app

I'm really sorry about your cat. The same thing happened to me. I find my cat in a backyard, it was bleeding. I run to the vet, but it was to late...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws