over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good fitting dress shirts?

Check out **broken link removed** - they are a custom menswear company based out of Hong Kong (where all the manufacturing is done) but also have offices in Costa Mesa California - most of their business though is done through the website and through their tailors who they constantly have traveling around the country from city to city -

There are few things in the bodybuilding world that I give my full unqualified endorsement to but this is one of them - if you have to wear dress clothes (traditional dress shirts, pants, suits, etc...) and you are a bodybuilder you do not know what you are missing until you wear something that is actually cut to fit your body - dress clothes are not forgiving like gym clothes and it is just not comfortable to walk around in a shirt that may fit in the chest but is 12 inches too big in the waist - or pants that fit in the waist but you can barely get you thighs into -

And the great thing about companies like this is because the work is done in Hong Kong they are able to keep costs way down compared to going to an actual custom tailor here in the US - I have ordered many dress shirts from them and have never had any complaints - the price is basically determined by what kind of fabric you choose - you can get very nice dress shirts for around $70-80 - check it out and you will not be disappointed

Wow. So many responses...Thanks a ton fellas...looks like its gotta be custom made then...those prices really are fairly resonable. I dont have to wear them all the time so I should be able to get away with buying just a few.

Looked around some of the sites and Im wondering about my arms fitting in the sleeves comfortably..I dont see any place to put in arm circumference? I see neck, sleeve length, etc..maybe im missing it.

Check out Express. Depending on how big you are, they go to a size xxl. You have two fits, fitted and reg. They have 6% spandex in the material. They fit really good and stretch when you move. Oh and a ton of different colors.

Banana Republic has really nice dress shirts. They have thick ones that require cufflinks, they'd fit just about anyone. They are a more modern fit, I hate baggy dress shirts from Macys and JC Penny and those kind of stores.

In my area there is a dry cleaners that also does some tailor work. They have really good rates and took in some of my dress shirts. I would start with an athletic cut dress shirt and have them go from there. Its funny of even the athletic shirt is still way too big through the waist area. Nothing is worse than walking around looking like you have a parachute attached to your back! So if I were you I would start calling some dry cleaner stores and ask them if they do that work and how much it would be.

I get mine from Montaj Custom clothier in Pittsburgh. The old man Jetto has been running it for years, and his son Mo (monesh) is a good friend of mine and opened his own in town. They have a website, but also travel thru the states doing measurments and fittings to most major citys. There quality is unmatched. I usually find styles, and cuts i like in brooks bros., polo etc. and then he will do them up in my sizes.
He does a 13 for 11 deal, and alot of specials. Usually between $80-$150 each depending on material, cut etc.

If you just look up, you will find the hotbodz banner. Perfectly fitting shirts.

Shirts are still easy enough to find and have altered for me, but has anybody found a place to get suit jackets or sport jackets that fit?

To get my arms/shoulders to fit in a jacket it has to be at least 3 sizes larger than I need and you can't get them brought in anywhere near enough to look reasonable. Lol, was trying to find something last week and needed a 48 to fit up top but I wear a 32 pant so the waist area of the jacket is waaaay too big.

I'm a lawyer so have to wear dress shirts a lot. Most of you guys are probably considerably bigger than I am, but I buy "standard" dress shirts with a 19" neck (sometimes hard to find) and then have them tapered. Even the "athetic cut" don't work. But my bi's are only about 16 1/2, and my chest, shoulders and upper torso will just fit a "full size" regular man's shirt. I can see where if you are much bigger than me it would be a hell of a problem. If my flex my bi's in a dress shirt, the sleve gets tight, and if I were just a little bigger, I would have to get them made or go to one of those special places.

When you go into a men's store in America, it makes you wonder about "regular" guys - 95% of American males seem to be fat/and or skinny. Lot of belly, nothing much anywhere else. I'm an old fart, so when I go into a store to buy shirts (or worse, suits), the sales guy always does a double take when he measures my neck and it is 19" (or sometimes a little more, depenidng on how hard I have been working out, etc.) And then they get me a dress shirt that fits me up top, and it does look like a damn dress from the chest down. I can imagine how hard it must be for some of you really big guys.

Chuck999

I'm a lawyer too, so dress shirts are a daily requirement, even in the scorching heat of summer. My dimensions are not pro-caliber, but at 5'7", and 210lbs, I have a 46-48" chest and a 32" waist, so I like to accentuate that "V" shape. Van Heusen makes a "fitted" wrinkle free dress shirt that is awesome. A 17.5" 34-35" works great. Snug enough to show off my physique, loose enough that I can button the top button temporarily when I need to. Macy's carries them for less than $20 on sale. Only issue is it is very difficult to fit a t-shirt underneath, so during hot spells, I will soak through it.

I just go too the big and tall store, or other dept. store and buy something I like and take it to this really nice Asian lady and have her tailor it to fit. Its a lot cheaper than having a tailor made shirt. She charges me between 7.00 - 10.00 per shirt to cut the bottom off so it doesnt hang to my knees and tapers the waist.

custom dress shirts

u have some nice suggestion going in thread. there is another growing online seller of custom shirts by the name of fitcustomshirts.com. give them a try, i m well satisfied with their work

hey goody-

what i suggest is buying a shirt you like that fits you in the sleeve and neck, and have the tailor dart it. what this does is takes in the sides and tapers it for you, without the need for expensive alterations. it should only cost $7 or so a shirt. altering a shirt can cost upwards of 5 times that much. this is great especially if you fluctuate in weight and don't want to spend a fortune on shirts cause your forever growing or shrinking out of them and still want to look presentable. it gives a nice tapered look and still leaves room for your chest and shoulders without breaking the bank.

I have to agree. I like going to the outlet malls such as banana republic or some of the good western stores where I live. You can pick up very nice shirts or pants for $10-$30 and take them to a taylor and for another $10 an item they get completely customized. I have had so many compliments on just t-shirts that looked good and total cost was abou$22 for something that looks great and the cotton quality is way better than regular jc penney crap. It's hard having an ice cream cone shape but unlike regular america our shape is big up top and tapering down.

I am a taller guy (6'6") so most of these brands don't fit me in legnth and are very tight elsewhere. I buy Rufus, Thomas Dean and Boss. Some Robert Graham are nice but most are pretty wild fabrics. Nordstroms is a great store if you have one in your area. These are a little pricy options, but for the same cost of most nice dress shirts you can have all your shirts custom made. Its not nearly as expensive as one would think. Just google custom dress shirts in your area and find a good tailor. They should run from $80-$150/ea

I just go too the big and tall store, or other dept. store and buy something I like and take it to this really nice Asian lady and have her tailor it to fit. Its a lot cheaper than having a tailor made shirt. She charges me between 7.00 - 10.00 per shirt to cut the bottom off so it doesnt hang to my knees and tapers the waist.

I have to second this one... either local or online for big/tall sizes then find a local asian run alteration shop...even if its attached to dry cleaner/uniform shop etc...they will hook it up clean and sharp... for suits/coats unfortunately if there is no mens warehouse around then have to go tailor route since stock sizes can only be brought in so much with the standard seams... you mess with them too much and your looking like 5 pounds of shit in a 1 pound bag...

I have a pretty good taper, 52" chest to 33 inch waist (offseason) at 5'8". Most shirts that fit across my shoulders properly make me look like I'm wearing a tent.

The only brand of shirt I have found that fits well off the rack is Stone Rose Men's Clothing Stores, Men's Designer Shirts, Dress Shirts. The sleeves are a tad long but other than that the shirts fit like they were tailored for me.

Any of you guys have any good websites offering good fitting dress clothes for our types...I went in a big and tall store today and they refered me too a store in the city where the Philly Eagles get there clothes..but it would have to be custom made they were saying...I dont have that kinda loot...any good online options out there?

I get all my dress shirts from Charles tyrwhitt. Online. Check out the return policy also. You can get them mailed. See what cut fits. And return what you dont want or fit. You can return washed and unwashed clothes also up to 6 months no question asked al long as its not sale or clearance I think. Banging shirts and affordable

I used to do custom only till I find these guys

I use them for dress shirts only is what I thought you were asking. Like shirt and tie

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131