over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good Gyms in Clearwater FL?

2SoonJr

Newbies
Hey Guys,

I'll be moving from Long Island to Clearwater Fl next month and wanted to know if anyone had any good gym suggestions for the area.

Thanks!

What part of clearwater? Closer to the beach? There isnt much in this area, a few LA fitnesses, a lot of "youfits" which is pretty much planet fitness, and theres a golds gym in St pete.

What part of clearwater? Closer to the beach? There isnt much in this area, a few LA fitnesses, a lot of "youfits" which is pretty much planet fitness, and theres a golds gym in St pete.

I'll be living at the new Solaris Key apartments on Gulf to Bay. I saw two LA Fitness locations and 2 Anytime Fitness locations nearby, but I'd have to see them in person before I can decide. I usually only go to privately owned gyms on Long Island

Oh yeah, best near you is going to be LA fitness for sure. Do you normally work out in the evenings? Gulf to bay gets backed up to hell every afternoon from rush hour traffic since theres no highways that run east/west there. I'd say check out the LA on US19, I've never been to that one but the LA fitnesses around here are usually decent at least.

Oh yeah, best near you is going to be LA fitness for sure. Do you normally work out in the evenings? Gulf to bay gets backed up to hell every afternoon from rush hour traffic since theres no highways that run east/west there. I'd say check out the LA on US19, I've never been to that one but the LA fitnesses around here are usually decent at least.

Yeah usually evenings. I see the one on US19 and one on State Road 580. Both are within 5 miles of my apartment and I'd only have to be on Gulf to Bay for a half a mile so that's not too bad. Thanks for the help!

Saint Petersburg used to have a decent family owned gym or two. One of them was more accepting than the other of heavy lifting. It has been about 8 yrs or more though so I don't know if either is still around. It seems like the gyms near the beach are more mainstream and don't take to bodybuilders as well. The gym owner in St Pete Beach yelled at me for my deadlifting because the plates were banging against the floor. The gym in the town itself was better and had an area set aside for deads I think.

Yeah usually evenings. I see the one on US19 and one on State Road 580. Both are within 5 miles of my apartment and I'd only have to be on Gulf to Bay for a half a mile so that's not too bad. Thanks for the help!

No problem man. I'm pretty sure with an LA membership you can visit any of them at no additional charge. I'd check both out, one might be better than the other for certain days for machines and one is most certainly going to be easier to get to for you than the other. Just driving a few miles down gulf to bay at 5pm during the week is bullshit with all of the traffic. I live right off the 215 bridge in St Pete so I

Saint Petersburg used to have a decent family owned gym or two. One of them was more accepting than the other of heavy lifting. It has been about 8 yrs or more though so I don't know if either is still around. It seems like the gyms near the beach are more mainstream and don't take to bodybuilders as well. The gym owner in St Pete Beach yelled at me for my deadlifting because the plates were banging against the floor. The gym in the town itself was better and had an area set aside for deads I think.

I used to train at "hardcore fitness" in St pete which was a Golds gym that was bought by a family, but then THAT was bought and turned into a youfit. So pretty much planet fitness bought them out. I now train at a family gym in St Pete called Kinetix which is pretty bodybuilder friendly. They let me bring my own trap bar and shit in and do whatever I want so long as I'm respectful (which I am).

I now train at a family gym in St Pete called Kinetix which is pretty bodybuilder friendly. They let me bring my own trap bar and shit in and do whatever I want so long as I'm respectful (which I am).

That sounds like the place to go then, but I wonder how far it will be for him to drive from his place in Clearwater. I'm jealous you guys live down there. I only lifted there because I was on vacation. My family has been going to St. Pete for several generations now and we had a relative with a home down there that my grandmother sold back in the early 70s. I really like that area and hope to move there when we are older and retired, if I live that long!

Last edited:
That sounds like the place to go then, but I wonder how far it will be for him to drive from his place in Clearwater. I'm jealous you guys live down there. I only lifted there because I was on vacation. My family has been going to St. Pete for several generations now and we had a relative with a home down there that my grandmother sold back in the early 70s. I really like that area and hope to move there when we are older and retired, if I live that long!

It would be probably 30+min drive for him during traffic, and its overall pretty no frills. Its nice since its never crowded, but it leaves a lot to be desired equipment wise. No hack squat, 1 power rack, 1 squat rack, etc. Its just the only bodybuilder gym in the area that I can make it to without a stupid drive with my schedule

Man I dont know where you're at now, but I HATE this area. Its better than some places up north since you miss the winter, but it rains almost every day, its super humid, and there really isnt shit to do in st pete. I miss San Diego, lol.

Drive over to South Tampa to the Powerhouse Gym on Kennedy. Great gym and lots of Pros and WWE guys. 200 pound dumbbells. It's worth the drive. I live 45-60 minutes away and try to make it there on occasion.

Drive over to South Tampa to the Powerhouse Gym on Kennedy. Great gym and lots of Pros and WWE guys. 200 pound dumbbells. It's worth the drive. I live 45-60 minutes away and try to make it there on occasion.

I'll definitely have to check it out but that'll be a little far to go to everyday

^This
If you're ever on that side of the bridge/bay, Powerhouse is the best in the area by far. Always some pros in there on most days, tons of equipment and lots of hot scenery. :)

Lived in Fl for a bit, clearwater is beautiful, especially the beach. Enjoy

lived there for several years and I used to lift at a ballys on Ulmerton and US 19. Not sure if its still there or not as I have moved. Anyway, it shared a parking lot with OZ strip club so every once in a while you got some good eye candy!

I know there are some pretty bad ass gyms in Tampa where lots of "pro level" guys use. that would be quite a drive though.

Last edited:
Lion Heart... As "hardcore" as gets. Thank me later. Never busy, no distractions, old school atmosphere. I miss that place

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws