over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good gyms in North Atlanta?

Mr. Brewer trains at a gym called Iron House...in Smyrna, ive yet to visit that place but on my list of to do things. If he trains there.. be sure theirs weight.

I use to train there before I moved further north. Tony(the owner) is a great guy and use to compete all the time. If you're looking for an old hole in the wall hard core gym then you've found your place. They've expanded since I've left, but it's still the hardcore gym it was before. Not sure if he's training there full time or what. When I was there iron house was just one of the 3 gyms he trained at(iron house, la fitness, and main event). There is some big weight. When Trey started training there Tony bought up to 200lb DB's just for Trey.

Last edited:
:)I think I'm going to end up in Duluth or Cumming.

I saw the Life Time fitness building off of Rt 85 (?)

My current La Fitness allows me to use chalk, bring in bands and chains. The trainers actually borrow my accessories for clients and their personal use. So I can't complain about my La Fitness.

Now that I spent some time (little) in Atlanta I believe Buckhead is too far away, as is the North West side of the city.

I looked at houses with the wife all three days and had zero gym time. Didn't even check any out.

I did see some Gold's gyms. Anything positive?

I love gym eye candy, but I spend most of my time in the squat rack.

So I MUST have some hard core equipment - sorry planet fitness, with a nice to have being eye candy.

TriCoach:

Traffic will be a huge factor in your selection. The side of town you live on, and the side of town you work on. The new lifetime is pretty good, but it does not cater to true bodybuilders. Few gyms here do. Mine certainly does not.

Eliminating Buckhead and the northwest, there is a small gym in Chamblee area Called Ropeman, and one called Adrenaline fitness. They will be closer to "hardcore" than the corporate gyms. Ropeman used to and may still be active in promoting shows in this area.

Coffees in Marietta was always "hardcore". Most of the girls could kick my tail at my best and I was trolling around 270. :)

Traffic here is only matched by LA in my opinion and it is probably the number one choice when I made my gym selection. Sad but true.

:)I think I'm going to end up in Duluth or Cumming.

I saw the Life Time fitness building off of Rt 85 (?)

My current La Fitness allows me to use chalk, bring in bands and chains. The trainers actually borrow my accessories for clients and their personal use. So I can't complain about my La Fitness.

Now that I spent some time (little) in Atlanta I believe Buckhead is too far away, as is the North West side of the city.

I looked at houses with the wife all three days and had zero gym time. Didn't even check any out.

I did see some Gold's gyms. Anything positive?

I love gym eye candy, but I spend most of my time in the squat rack.

So I MUST have some hard core equipment - sorry planet fitness, with a nice to have being eye candy.

Just saw this now that you mentioned where you're ending up.

Last edited:
TriCoach:

Traffic will be a huge factor in your selection. The side of town you live on, and the side of town you work on. The new lifetime is pretty good, but it does not cater to true bodybuilders. Few gyms here do. Mine certainly does not.

Eliminating Buckhead and the northwest, there is a small gym in Chamblee area Called Ropeman, and one called Adrenaline fitness. They will be closer to "hardcore" than the corporate gyms. Ropeman used to and may still be active in promoting shows in this area.

Coffees in Marietta was always "hardcore". Most of the girls could kick my tail at my best and I was trolling around 270. :)

Traffic here is only matched by LA in my opinion and it is probably the number one choice when I made my gym selection. Sad but true.

Ropeman's Fitness on Buford Highway used to be a Main Event before Ty "Ropeman" Felder bought if from Lex Luger. Originally it was owned by Luger and the wrestler "Sting". Sting's brother actually ran the place when my wife and I were members there in the early to mid 90's. It was a great gym. I haven't been in there since Ropeman took over, but I'm sure it is still a great gym. Ropeman is the NPC Georgia Chairman and still promotes a number of local contests such as the upcoming NPC Coastal USA in August.

I am very surprised by all the fantastic help

I may consider making nicer posts.:eek:

My gym of choice

I'm living in Duluth. I kept my La Fitness membership for a month or so and went to the one in Johns Creek. It was kind of dreary. So I joined Lifetime Fitness and have been going to the one in Sugarloaf. Last week I started going to the one in Johns Creek. Decent weight training stuff. Lots of good card stuff, I have a running race tomorrow morning and a triathlon next weekend. The place is too fancy, but I love the energy. And the scenery.

I'm living in Duluth. I kept my La Fitness membership for a month or so and went to the one in Johns Creek. It was kind of dreary. So I joined Lifetime Fitness and have been going to the one in Sugarloaf. Last week I started going to the one in Johns Creek. Decent weight training stuff. Lots of good card stuff, I have a running race tomorrow morning and a triathlon next weekend. The place is too fancy, but I love the energy. And the scenery.

You going to the one in Augusta Sunday?

Not Augusta

I believe someone said that was a 1/2 ironman. I haven't gone that far in five years. I'm doing a sprint at Lake Lanier. And I won't be doing any sprinting.:). Slow slow slow

New here relatively, I'm going to be in Atlanta for the summer and looking for either a serious gym to hit up (I will be in midtown but don't want to have to go an 1.5 hours away to a new gym) or just forum members here I can talk with and possibly learn from. Let me know guys open to any questions about myself.

im from north Atlanta, there are so many gyms its probably going to be the what ever one is closest to ur house or work simply because of the traffic. Ive been gone for a couple of years but I used golds gym sandy springs on roswell road, also powerhouse gym on Johnson ferry in Marietta.

but there are soooo many to choose from. Atlanta is big and spread out, so getting close to ur house or work or both because of traffic will be ur best bet.

midtown atlanta, great gym

New here relatively, I'm going to be in Atlanta for the summer and looking for either a serious gym to hit up (I will be in midtown but don't want to have to go an 1.5 hours away to a new gym) or just forum members here I can talk with and possibly learn from. Let me know guys open to any questions about myself.

Lee Haney World Class Fitness is on ponce de leon if ur going to be in midtown, great gym, and yes its Lee Haney the BB's gym. right there at midtown,

Phone: (404) 892-6737
675 Ponce DE Leon Ave NE #1600
Atlanta, GA 30308

I live in Cherokee county and all we really have is golds and la fitness. There are some body plex gyms around but they are tiny with no much equipment. Johns Creek and Alpharetta will mostly be cooperate gyms. I used to workout at the la fitness do windward parkway when I worked over there, definately some eye candy.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner