over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

good gyms in tampa?

Really depends on your choice and where in Tampa your at! I am in Wesley chapel, which could be considered Tampa, and I goto LA Fitness in new Tampa, bbd and county line road. It's big, not much fighting over the equipment, pool, sauna, ect. Their classes, yoga, Zumba, cardio punch, spin, are all free with membership. There is a child care too. My girls like it.Most places give a free week pass to check them out!

Really depends on your choice and where in Tampa your at! I am in Wesley chapel, which could be considered Tampa, and I goto LA Fitness in new Tampa, bbd and county line road. It's big, not much fighting over the equipment, pool, sauna, ect. Their classes, yoga, Zumba, cardio punch, spin, are all free with membership. There is a child care too. My girls like it.Most places give a free week pass to check them out!

OMG BROS! TWO THINGS!!!

1) LA FITNESS is a fucking piece of shit company. I would never suggest someone go there. Who needs high pressure sales in the gym industry?

2) Tampa has one of the top gyms in the country!!! DOWNTOWN POWERHOUSE. I want to move to Tampa just to go there regularly. I love it and it's really the East Coast's best gym besides BEV'S.

OMG BROS! TWO THINGS!!!

1) LA FITNESS is a fucking piece of shit company. I would never suggest someone go there. Who needs high pressure sales in the gym industry?

2) Tampa has one of the top gyms in the country!!! DOWNTOWN POWERHOUSE. I want to move to Tampa just to go there regularly. I love it and it's really the East Coast's best gym besides BEV'S.

heard about powerhouse im in hyde park so its not that far the closest happens to be la fitness but i wasnt into it when i visited

only thing is 69 dollars a month is a lot

Last edited:
Wow! I googled gyms in Tampa and was amazed what gyms are no longer in the bay area. Was born and raised in South Tampa and have not been back in over 15yrs or so but I remember Frank Calta, Rick Poston and Leo's gyms were the big gyms to go to back in the day (80's and 90's).

Last edited:
I just moved away from new Tampa. Was attending Usf for physical therapy school but left, schools a piece of shit.

Anyway I had to settle for LA fitness, didn't have any sales pitch. Paid for a year in full and no sign up. Came out to 30 bucks per month. The one on Amberly Dr. Was concerted to LA but was another gym. Decent equipment in there, DB a only go to 100 though.

I went to the powerhouse by Usf, didn't like it at all. I think there is one in downtown Tampa area but to far. I love the powerhouse in palm beach, one I went to in Tampa looked like a shit hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Sarasota there is a the Crunch on Bee Ridge Rd. that is good. Formerly Golds Gym. But that is way south.

Last edited:
Wow! I googled gyms in Tampa and was amazed what gyms are no longer in the bay area. Was born and raised in South Tampa and have not been back in over 15yrs or so but I remember Frank Calta, Rick Poston and Leo's gyms were the big gyms to go to back in the day (80's and 90's).

calta has a nice gym on gandy its pretty bad ass only gym ive ever been to with a tattoo shop in it

calta has a nice gym on gandy its pretty bad ass only gym ive ever been to with a tattoo shop in it

Tattoo shop...awesome! As for Franks gym being on Gandy Blvd that must be new, if I remember correctly he had one down by Busch Gardens or somewhere in that area. Postons gym was in Carrollwood Village off of Dale Mabry (I think) and Leos Gym was on Manhatton off of Gandy. So have you decided on a gym yet?

MuscleWorks? or Iron Works(spelling) in Bradenton is more of a old school, hardcore, mom&pops gym if thats what your looking for. I went there while visiting a few years ago. I liked the non-fancy, down to earth atmosphere. Good for powerlifting and bodybuilding.

OMG BROS! TWO THINGS!!!

I have to come to DFW often and over here where I am at they only have LA fitness and 24 hour fitness... every time I walk into either one I start getting gyno.

The guy at those places tried to tell they are better than golds (my current gym in a different town) because they are more "higher Class" (because that is how I decide what gym I should go to) and I simply shook my head laughing and told them "no, no you are not. Gold's Gym more successful than this gym and they are actually a gym with real weights."

Across the bay over in Pinellas park is a hole on the wall gym called lion heart I believe. The other half of the building is a printing shop. Worth a visit... A true blast to the past gym. There are never more than a few people in there at a time but those that are... Are getting after it. Absolutly loved training there. *If you are into large chain type gyms w gorgeous women, lots of people, and no chalk to be seen, don't waste your gas however if you like the look and feel of old school gyms this place is a hidden gem... or a complete dump depending on your perspective.;)

I have to come to DFW often and over here where I am at they only have LA fitness and 24 hour fitness... every time I walk into either one I start getting gyno.

The guy at those places tried to tell they are better than golds (my current gym in a different town) because they are more "higher Class" (because that is how I decide what gym I should go to) and I simply shook my head laughing and told them "no, no you are not. Gold's Gym more successful than this gym and they are actually a gym with real weights."

Whenever I spent time at Author L Rea's doing work with the crew in Dallas, we had to frequent la fitness often! I had gone down about five times for about a week at a time in 2010-2012. I wish we had trained at Metroflex!

La fitness pays their sales staff minimum wage, gives you an unreasonable "draw" that is hard to meet...writes you up when you don't meet it-and if it keeps happening, gets rid of you. When you work on a draw, it's hourly or commission-not both. Their trainers get paid $6 per half hour....they implore you to use ridicilous pressure tactics to get the sale and take advantage of people. I could go on but they're just shameless. Fuck them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
heard about powerhouse im in hyde park so its not that far the closest happens to be la fitness but i wasnt into it when i visited

only thing is 69 dollars a month is a lot

Choice fitness on Howard is a great gym. How are you complaining about 69 bucks while living in Hyde park? That neighborhood is top dollar.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws