over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good info to have

Fuel

Newbies
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thought this was some good advice, so I wanted to share.:

An Attorney's Advice ..and it's FREE!

Read this and make a copy for your files in case you need to refer to it someday.
Maybe we should all take some of his advice!

A corporate attorney sent the following out to the employees in his company:

The next time you order checks, omit your first name and have only your initials and last name put on them. If someone takes your check book they will not know if you sign your checks with just your initials or your first name but your bank will know how you sign your checks.

When you are writing checks to pay on your credit card accounts, DO NOT put the complete account number on the "For" line. Instead, just put the last four numbers. The credit card company knows the rest of the number and anyone who might be handling your check as it passes through all the check processing channels won't have access to it.

Put your work phone # on your checks instead of your home phone. If you have a PO Box use that instead of your home address. Never have your SS# printed on your checks (DUH!) you can add it if it is necessary. But if you have it printed, anyone can get it.

Place the contents of your wallet on a photocopy machine, do both sides of each license, credit card, etc. You will know what you had in your wallet and all of the account numbers and phone numbers to call and cancel.

Keep the photocopy in a safe place. I also carry a photocopy of my passport when I travel either here or abroad.

We've all heard horror stories about fraud that's committed on us in stealing a name, address, Social Security number, credit cards, etc.

Unfortunately I, an attorney, have firsthand knowledge because my wallet was stolen last month. Within a week, the thieve(s) ordered an expensive monthly cell phone package, applied for a VISA credit card, had a credit line approved to buy a Gateway computer, received a PIN number from DMV to change my driving record information online, and more.

But here's some critical information to limit the damage in case this happens to you or someone you know:

We have been told we should cancel our credit cards immediately. But the key is having the toll free numbers and your card numbers handy so you know whom to call. Keep those where you can find them easily.

File a police report immediately in the jurisdiction where it was stolen, this proves to credit providers you were diligent, and is a first step toward an investigation (if there ever is one).

But here's what is perhaps most important: (I never even thought to do this).

Call the three national credit reporting organizations immediately to place a fraud alert on your name and Social Security number. I had never heard of doing that until advised by a bank that called to tell me an application for credit was made over the Internet in my name.

The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.

By the time I was advised to do this, almost two weeks after the theft, all the damage had been done.

There are records of all the credit checks initiated by the thieves' purchases, none of which I knew about before placing the alert. Since then, no additional damage has been done, and the thieves threw my wallet away this weekend (someone turned it in). It seems to have stopped them in their tracks.< BR>>
The numbers are:
Equifax:1-800-525-6285
Experienceformerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742
Trans Union:1-800-680-7289
Social Security Administration(fraud line):
1-800-269-0271

We pass along jokes on the Internet; we pass along just about everything. Pass this information along. It could really help someone you care about

big bump on this post, never happened to me, knock on wood, but now I am prepared if it does, thanks

I think a little more information might help.

Most banks will still cash a check if the check says R.R. Smith and the person signs it R.R. Smith even if the person usually signs their checks Robert Redford Smith. Also I don't know why he even mentioned the bank since you use checks at the store and it is up to the cashier not someone at the bank, if they accept the check.

Personal experience a woman used a check with fake ID that did NOT even match the name on the check and the Walmart employee accepted the check.

Even further reason why this is a moot point is all the theif wants is the bank account and routing number. Where ever they stole your check from they sure can find out what name you use for doing your usual business. They then print their own checks.

Many times crooks get the check from is from your mailbox. You should never put mail in your rual mailbox, always put it in the Post Office mail box.

As far as not putting your full Credit Card numbers on our checks the crook gets your number from the bill when it is delivered to you mailbox, just as easily since many credit card companies stupidly put your full number on your bill. They also mail most bills the same day of the month so the crook just waits until that date and follows the mailman around picking up Credit card bills.

Beware of mail delivered the last week of January as this is when most employers send your W2 which has your social security number on it and the crooks know this.

IMO save yourself either protect yourself fully or just don't worry about it since you are not responsible if your checks or credit card are used without your approval.

To protect yourself pay all your bills with automatic payments done directly from your bank account and have a Post Office box with no mail delivered to your house.

Me I like to live dangerously and do nothing :)

CROWLER

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner