over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good PL numbers?

BabyBeast05

Featured Member
I'm thinking about entering the Louisiana state powerlifting meet I'm January just for fun. What would good numbers be? I'm about 205 now, MIGHT be 210 by then

Im workin on strength now my stats are:

Im 20
bench - 365
squat - 505
deadlift - 485

Not the strongest but everything is constantly going up, been lifting hard for the past year and a half, everythings gone up by over 100 pounds

I'm thinking about entering the Louisiana state powerlifting meet I'm January just for fun. What would good numbers be? I'm about 205 now, MIGHT be 210 by then

Depends on the federation and details - like drug free vs. untested, equipped (bench shirt, etc.) or raw, that sort of stuff.

For you I'd lift in the 198 class. (next up is 220)

If you're using a bench shirt, squat suit, etc. then pretty decent numbers for a 198 would be a 400-500 bench press, 500-600 squat and maybe 500-600 deadlift.

If you're lifting raw,then maybe 350ish bench, 500-550ish squat, and 500 to 550 dead.

Im workin on strength now my stats are:

Im 20
bench - 365
squat - 505
deadlift - 485

Not the strongest but everything is constantly going up, been lifting hard for the past year and a half, everythings gone up by over 100 pounds

I am also 216 pounds now and only used a weight belt for squats and deads.

I would lift RAW if I do it. Still toying with the idea, I'll have to find out all details
I'd say right about now I'm probably good for a
365 bench
500 squat
500 dead
These are just estimates tho, my strength has been going up every week using John hybrid program. I'd love to work up to a
405 bench
545 squat & dead

why does it matter? powerlifting's for funz...just do it....it all depends on who shows up. You may beat everyone with a 405 bench....you may get your ass handed to you.
I'm good for currently about
Bench: 415 (405 monday was easy, have done 420)
Squat: 585 (I can always get this but over that....)
Deadlift: 620 or so (the thing that limits my competition deadlift is always grip)

It's not like bodybuilding where it kinda sucks ass if you're not #1 (I compete in both)....just fun liftin heavy ass weights and gettin insane.

why does it matter? powerlifting's for funz...just do it....it all depends on who shows up. You may beat everyone with a 405 bench....you may get your ass handed to you.
I'm good for currently about
Bench: 415 (405 monday was easy, have done 420)
Squat: 585 (I can always get this but over that....)
Deadlift: 620 or so (the thing that limits my competition deadlift is always grip)

It's not like bodybuilding where it kinda sucks ass if you're not #1 (I compete in both)....just fun liftin heavy ass weights and gettin insane.

True... Yea of I do it it's just for fun. I was just wondering what good numbers were. I have t done a PL meet since high school and I was a 148er I believe.

I had a top 10 total in the 220 raw class via
725 squat/ 425 bench/ 675 deadlift / 1825

pretty much anything over 15-1600 total will get you a top 50 ranking

hey bro just go there and have fun.

my first powerlifting meet i was nervous because i wasn't sure if i was going to look like a puss.

turns out all the experienced guys were really cool and helpful. i didn't even have knee wraps and guys were lending me their equipment helping me wrap my knees prior to my squats etc.

i'd just go into it, get some experience, and meet some new people.

don't forget the lifts are very controlled. depending on the organization. within organizations some guys are more strict and like a long pause on the bench etc etc.

but if you're in the 220lbs weight class with a 350 strict press and a 500 strict squat/pull you'll be competitive.

Last edited:
Hell yeah do it!!!! You'll meet a great bunch of guys and have a fun time....
your totals are good.

I lift raw, aas free 198's

Best competition numbers
Sq 585
Bench 375
Dead 585

Gotta get my pressing up but going for a 600/400/600 total soon =1600+ raw is my goal... I started out in BB but now have more love for PL. Will continue to compete in both till the day I die.

How's your off-season coming along bro?

Go out and have fun. Gives me chills just thinking about another meet. My last competition was several years ago since I tore a disk.

165 lb
565 squat
310 bench
475 dl
1350 total

I lifted with suits, shirts, etc. I still miss those days. I've got lifelong friends from powerlifting.

Depends on the federation and details - like drug free vs. untested, equipped (bench shirt, etc.) or raw, that sort of stuff.

For you I'd lift in the 198 class. (next up is 220)

If you're using a bench shirt, squat suit, etc. then pretty decent numbers for a 198 would be a 400-500 bench press, 500-600 squat and maybe 500-600 deadlift.

If you're lifting raw,then maybe 350ish bench, 500-550ish squat, and 500 to 550 dead.

bench shirts make that big of a difference? do they have shows for just bench? I'm not an elite lifter in those but can bench 405 raw at 175.

Yeah, bench shirts make a huge difference but it changes the movement a bit. Most meets have a bench only division. Go give one a shot. They are always a good time.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131