over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

good read about tendons.

Ok guys, keep pumping that winstrol as your joints fall apart, oh but it is all bullshit right? This thread is a GREAT POST.

You are referring to ONE thing he said regarding stan...which has evidence supporting it. You think test decreases collagen synthesis? This has been parroted on so many boards so many times, yet there is no evidence supporting it. Same with EQ and Deca. Stop with the fucking broscience and show me some damn studies. The OP is giving specific numbers for how much different drugs increase or decrease collagen synthesis, and my claim is that he is pulling these out of his ass. Show me where he found them.

Also...where did he get that over 200mg of test per week makes test decrease collagen whereas less than 200mg increases collagen synthesis.

You have got to be kidding me....horrible post. If you claim specific numbers you damn well better have studies

ok

To be honest CD, you have a point. I guess what I am really stressing is my extreme hatred for winstrol. The other stuff the OP posted I can neither confirm or deny so I give you that. But as far as stanozolol goes, it wreaks havoc on the joints...

So... how about we classify it as an "average post" :eek:

To be honest CD, you have a point. I guess what I am really stressing is my extreme hatred for winstrol. The other stuff the OP posted I can neither confirm or deny so I give you that. But as far as stanozolol goes, it wreaks havoc on the joints...

So... how about we classify it as an "average post" :eek:

Fair enough...it just bothers me that this SAME POST has been plastered all over every board and everyone takes it as science and fact. If you write something like this, you need references. This looks like an anthony roberts article. Claiming that test decreases collagen synthesis is quite a bold statement, and to be honest, from a scientific perspective, it makes no sense. Why would test decrease collagen synthesis?

My intuition leads me to believe that this is backwards logic. People suffer tendon tears when on high doses of test because it grows muscle stronger much much faster than tendons....not because it inherently makes tendons weaker. This is a ludicrous statement. There very well may be some AAS that increase collagen synthesis MORE than others, but I am highly suspect that any DECREASE collagen synthesis as compared to baseline.

I agree. nuff with the broscience. This is an important subject and we need to find some studies confirming or debunking these claims. Aside from a pure endurance athlete, who uses test dosages that low?

What I find is that with the "sudden" onset of strength and a couple of weeks of pulling and pushing PR after PR my tendons start to ache. I don't blame this on collagen synthesis. I blame it on enjoying the new found strength far too much.

To go with my new found acne both my biceps tendons and my left rotater cuff have had enough. My lower back pumps up just looking at a weight and my it bands have had enough but in the last 4 weeks I've pushed and pulled PR singles just about every time I've walked into the gym.

Yes it's not terribly smart but it was fun. I now need two weeks off and to drop back into a managed routine and diet. I also need to back down the androgens till the acne and the back pumps disappear.

im gonna see if it helps!

I had partial tears in the vastus lateralus, intermedius and medialus, and the distal part of the quad tendon. When the quad tendon tears it usually also causes u to get partial tears in the quad muscles since their attached to it. i had the quad tendon surgically repaired april 8, 2010. the quad muscles were left alone because the doc said the tears in the muscles were small and would repair on their own. i still have to wear this brace for another 4 weeks of so. he said i can resume normal activities in about 2 months but all out weightlifting with my legs its gonna be about a year. I had been using test, deca, tren and winny for about 3 months, but 6 weeks before i got hurt i was only using test and for some reason i kept getting a bit stronger and kept adding more weight i think thats where i fucked up ( even though i kept the reps 12 or higher). my very 1st cycle was 5 years ago and i remember it was winny ( awesome but my knees and elbows hurt like hell and i would have to warm them up forever. when ever i add deca or eq to a cycle i never have problems with the joints. its been about 4 weeks since the surgery and i just want my tendon to heal good enough for me too lift again in the future. im gonna do a small amount of eq and deca (300 mg each) ive been trying to do some research and i found an article and also had some other pm members tell me they did the same after their tendon surgey with i guess u could call it success but they claimed it helped them heal much quicker. What are ur OPINIONS on this??? should i try it? i mean if u could give me reasons to not do it and why id like to hear them, anyway here's the article i found.

Wednesday 04, Jul 2007
Steroids Improve Tendon Repair After Surgery - Health Positives of Steroids
Posted Byi steroids
We always talk about steroid abuse in this blog, how about for a change we talk about the health benefits of using steroids and yes there are many health benefits to anabolic steroids.

A recent study on anabolic steroids done by University of North Carolina has show that steroids may improve tendon repair after surgery by improving protein in each tendon cell or by increasing the ablity of the tendon cells to communicate.

What an amazing discovery? Steroids curing people after surgery? I mean that’s unheard of, but on the contrary it’s true. Steroids have many health benefits unlike people state. No matter the recent stunts by CHris benoit and such, these drugs will and have always been somewhat beneficial to health if NOT abused.

Remember, the media tries to feed you lies and hype about steroids, but this is medical science at work showing you the benefits of proper use of this wonderful and potentially life saving drug.

Steroids May Improve Tendon Repair After Surgery

Anabolic steroids are against the rules for professional athletes, but preliminary research suggests that steroids may help repair a shoulder injury that affects many professional and weekend athletes.

In lab experiments using bioengineered tendons, researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that tendons treated with an anabolic steroid were stronger than untreated tendons. “In a highly experimental model, anabolic steroids do appear to improve the quality of rotator cuff tendon tissue,” lead author Dr. Spero G. Karas told.

Most likely, steroids help by improving protein production in each tendon cell or by boosting the way tendon cells communicate with each other, Karas said. But don’t expect doctors to start prescribing anabolic steroids to people who have rotator cuff surgery any time soon. Karas cautioned that much more testing needs to be done. “If enough testing can conclude that this treatment is effective, then of course we could attempt it in humans with difficult rotator cuff injuries,” Karas said.

The rotator cuff is made up of the muscles and tendons that hold the upper arm bone to the shoulder. When the rotator cuff is injured, surgery may be performed to repair it. Unfortunately, healing after surgery is often incomplete and many people experience repeat rotator cuff injuries.

Anabolic steroids are known to build muscle mass and boost strength, so Karas and his colleagues set out to see whether steroids might improve rotator cuff healing. The research involved bioengineered tendons developed by co-author Dr. Albert J. Banes. The researchers collected tendon samples from six people who were having rotator cuff surgery. Cells from these tendons were isolated and used to grow the bioengineered tendons.

Some of these tendons were treated with the anabolic steroid nandrolone decanoate, while others were not. Some tendons were also subjected to load testing, in which the tendons were stretched. Tendons that had been treated with steroids and subjected to loading were stronger, denser and more elastic than other tendons, the researchers report in the American Journal of Sports Medicine. The steroid-treated tendons also had a more natural appearance than other tendons.

The research will not have an immediate impact on the treatment of rotator cuff injuries, but the research establishes a way to test the effect of mechanical stress and medications on tendon cells, Karas said. “Any drug can be tested, but we chose an anabolic agent because of its successful background in treating patients with burns and other injuries,” Karas said.

Another potential implication of the research, according to Karas, is that it “may permit us to manufacture a matrix of tissue that can be used to replace deficient human tissues.” Karas noted, “We are only in the embryonic phases of this work. We are a long way off, but the potential is exciting.”

Thanks

Awsome post thanks for the info.

I had partial tears in the vastus lateralus, intermedius and medialus, and the distal part of the quad tendon. When the quad tendon tears it usually also causes u to get partial tears in the quad muscles since their attached to it. i had the quad tendon surgically repaired april 8, 2010. the quad muscles were left alone because the doc said the tears in the muscles were small and would repair on their own. i still have to wear this brace for another 4 weeks of so. he said i can resume normal activities in about 2 months but all out weightlifting with my legs its gonna be about a year. I had been using test, deca, tren and winny for about 3 months, but 6 weeks before i got hurt i was only using test and for some reason i kept getting a bit stronger and kept adding more weight i think thats where i fucked up ( even though i kept the reps 12 or higher). my very 1st cycle was 5 years ago and i remember it was winny ( awesome but my knees and elbows hurt like hell and i would have to warm them up forever. when ever i add deca or eq to a cycle i never have problems with the joints. its been about 4 weeks since the surgery and i just want my tendon to heal good enough for me too lift again in the future. im gonna do a small amount of eq and deca (300 mg each) ive been trying to do some research and i found an article and also had some other pm members tell me they did the same after their tendon surgey with i guess u could call it success but they claimed it helped them heal much quicker. What are ur OPINIONS on this??? should i try it? i mean if u could give me reasons to not do it and why id like to hear them, anyway here's the article i found.

Wednesday 04, Jul 2007
Steroids Improve Tendon Repair After Surgery - Health Positives of Steroids
Posted Byi steroids
We always talk about steroid abuse in this blog, how about for a change we talk about the health benefits of using steroids and yes there are many health benefits to anabolic steroids.

A recent study on anabolic steroids done by University of North Carolina has show that steroids may improve tendon repair after surgery by improving protein in each tendon cell or by increasing the ablity of the tendon cells to communicate.

What an amazing discovery? Steroids curing people after surgery? I mean that’s unheard of, but on the contrary it’s true. Steroids have many health benefits unlike people state. No matter the recent stunts by CHris benoit and such, these drugs will and have always been somewhat beneficial to health if NOT abused.

Remember, the media tries to feed you lies and hype about steroids, but this is medical science at work showing you the benefits of proper use of this wonderful and potentially life saving drug.

Steroids May Improve Tendon Repair After Surgery

Anabolic steroids are against the rules for professional athletes, but preliminary research suggests that steroids may help repair a shoulder injury that affects many professional and weekend athletes.

In lab experiments using bioengineered tendons, researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that tendons treated with an anabolic steroid were stronger than untreated tendons. “In a highly experimental model, anabolic steroids do appear to improve the quality of rotator cuff tendon tissue,” lead author Dr. Spero G. Karas told.

Most likely, steroids help by improving protein production in each tendon cell or by boosting the way tendon cells communicate with each other, Karas said. But don’t expect doctors to start prescribing anabolic steroids to people who have rotator cuff surgery any time soon. Karas cautioned that much more testing needs to be done. “If enough testing can conclude that this treatment is effective, then of course we could attempt it in humans with difficult rotator cuff injuries,” Karas said.

The rotator cuff is made up of the muscles and tendons that hold the upper arm bone to the shoulder. When the rotator cuff is injured, surgery may be performed to repair it. Unfortunately, healing after surgery is often incomplete and many people experience repeat rotator cuff injuries.

Anabolic steroids are known to build muscle mass and boost strength, so Karas and his colleagues set out to see whether steroids might improve rotator cuff healing. The research involved bioengineered tendons developed by co-author Dr. Albert J. Banes. The researchers collected tendon samples from six people who were having rotator cuff surgery. Cells from these tendons were isolated and used to grow the bioengineered tendons.

Some of these tendons were treated with the anabolic steroid nandrolone decanoate, while others were not. Some tendons were also subjected to load testing, in which the tendons were stretched. Tendons that had been treated with steroids and subjected to loading were stronger, denser and more elastic than other tendons, the researchers report in the American Journal of Sports Medicine. The steroid-treated tendons also had a more natural appearance than other tendons.

The research will not have an immediate impact on the treatment of rotator cuff injuries, but the research establishes a way to test the effect of mechanical stress and medications on tendon cells, Karas said. “Any drug can be tested, but we chose an anabolic agent because of its successful background in treating patients with burns and other injuries,” Karas said.

Another potential implication of the research, according to Karas, is that it “may permit us to manufacture a matrix of tissue that can be used to replace deficient human tissues.” Karas noted, “We are only in the embryonic phases of this work. We are a long way off, but the potential is exciting.”

where is this study from and which steroid are they referring to?

where is this study from and which steroid are they referring to?

from the article:

"Some of these tendons were treated with the anabolic steroid nandrolone decanoate, while others were not"

"A recent study on anabolic steroids done by University of North Carolina has show that steroids may improve tendon repair after surgery by improving protein in each tendon cell or by increasing the ablity of the tendon cells to communicate."

with the info above and a quick google search...

**broken link removed**

good material---seems a lot of people are like me--searching to find something to help with tendon pain:confused:

Great post! Sometimes we need reminding.;)

i honestly like this post a lot..... i will be keeping this in mind.... very interesting to go through....

Thanks for the great read on collagen synthesis. I run EQ and GH with test t improve the above and hasten recovery from training cause I suffer from pain post workout and I still hurt all the frickin time. Maybe my GH is crap even though I keep trying different suppliers. I don't know WTF. Another day...

so would running 6 ius of gh along with your test offset the negative collagen synthesis effects the test has?

so would running 6 ius of gh along with your test offset the negative collagen synthesis effects the test has?
What makes you think test has a negative effect on collagen synthesis? Have you read anything other than the original post?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws