over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

good routine?

growing1221

Registered
Im not new to lifting, but im sorta new to powerlifting. I decided to switch. Theres so many different routines out there i have no idea what to chose. I was thinking of going with a 5x5 Madcow routine. What do you think would be a good routine? Thanks guys. Heres my stats
6'1''
200 pounds

5x5 is a great start and that routine is a good one. Work up slow if you arent used to it. I was doing this home made 10x10 routine trying to build some stamina.. sucked the first week lol now i only do it every 6 weeks to shock my cns hehe

Research Louie's training ideas at westside barbell. It works for everyone I know. In the nutshell westside's methods work on your weak points and whole posterior chain. If you bring up your weak points you will get stronger. And in powerlifting strength comes from your posterior chain of muscles and abs. Hamstrings, glutes, upper back, lower back, triceps etc.

As far as your height and weight. I would plan on putting on about 60 lbs or more. I am a touch under 6" 1" and my best lifts were when I weighed about 260 to 270lbs. It seemed like the heavier I got while still staying in shape, the stronger I got.

Good Luck with your new training venture.

Just my opinion but I was looking for a similar new routine. First I was gonna go with DC training but found it too difficult to do w/out a training partner. I decided on 5x5 and on the second workout pulled my back and been off for about 5 days now. I found that to really be exhausted on the fifth rep you need to really put up some weight and at my age it aint worth the injury. I now am gonna do a 4 day workout. Mon and Thur Biceps, calves, shoulders, triceps (thur will have more drop sets, supersets and rest pauses) Tues and Fri Back Chest H/S Quads Traps with Fri having more Drops sets, supersets, and rest pauses. I plan to keep a log to track the increase of reps or weight amounts. Thurs and Fri exercises are different (where possible) than what was done on Mon and Tues. Plan is to keep the S/S d/S and R/P principles at the end of the week for more recovery time. Most bodyparts get 8-10 sets of 2-3 exercises in the 8-12 rep range. ABS are done every mon,wed,fri. (one exercise each day crunches, roman chair crunches, rope pull down crunches)
I wish you luck and know that tons of people had luck with the 5x5 but it just wasn't right for me so this is the mess I came up with laying here on my frickin back.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws