over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good to be back

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After a looong hiatus from the gym, I finally started back on Monday. As a recovering addict, it is extremely hard for me to "balance" things out, it's all too often an all or nothing endeavor no matter what it is. I get fixed on something and it becomes a sort of obsession. Owning my own business and taking care of my family financially should be my number 1 concern, but I was finding myself going to the gym on my lunch break and would be there for 2 hours after lifting, talking and getting ready to go back to work. Time away from work was equating to money lost for my family, after all, I wasn't getting paid to go to the gym :p

During my layoff from the gym, I have grown soft and it's hard to see what I used to look like under my layer of "fluff" that has developed. But, I'm okay with where I have to start, because it all starts somewhere. During my time off, my business has been very successful, getting accounts that I believe I would've otherwise never gotten. I've developed a better relationship with my wife and kids due to not being so engulfed in what I look like. My kids don't care if I'm 8% bf or 20, they just want their dad to be there for them and to love them.

My new goals are simply to be as healthy as I can. Eat right, train hard, get home and be a great dad and give them more time than the gym and myself get. Numbers aren't important to me anymore, at 32 I could care less if I can squat 400+ and bench 400+ I just want to be healthy. 400 squat may not mean much to many, but after being shot in the thigh, it sure as hell meant a lot to me.

I guess the point of all of this is directed to the younger men here, find a balance in your life. If this is your work, go for it! If you don't make money from this endeavor and have a family, make sure they don't feel neglected. My son is going on 5 and my daughter just turned 1, the five years have flown by and I don't want to miss anything with either one of them. I just got done coaching his first year of t-ball........what a trip that was :D
I'm glad that I was able to stay in contact with RacePicks and BigMike during my hiatus, those are 2 great guys!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy, prosperous New Year!!!

Last edited:
Welcome back man. Good to hear you have "seen the light". Life comes before bodybuilding. Best of luck on your recovery, I'm on the same path myself. What a fool I've been. Welcome back once again and please be careful not to slip back into old habits.
If you are having a tough time you can always come and talk.
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back man. Good to hear you have "seen the light". Life comes before bodybuilding. Best of luck on your recovery, I'm on the same path myself. What a fool I've been. Welcome back once again and please be careful not to slip back into old habits.
If you are having a tough time you can always come and talk.
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man!
January 23rd will be 10 yrs alcohol free and March 15 will be 8 years drug free!

After a looong hiatus from the gym, I finally started back on Monday. As a recovering addict, it is extremely hard for me to "balance" things out, it's all too often an all or nothing endeavor no matter what it is. I get fixed on something and it becomes a sort of obsession. Owning my own business and taking care of my family financially should be my number 1 concern, but I was finding myself going to the gym on my lunch break and would be there for 2 hours after lifting, talking and getting ready to go back to work. Time away from work was equating to money lost for my family, after all, I wasn't getting paid to go to the gym :p

During my layoff from the gym, I have grown soft and it's hard to see what I used to look like under my layer of "fluff" that has developed. But, I'm okay with where I have to start, because it all starts somewhere. During my time off, my business has been very successful, getting accounts that I believe I would've otherwise never gotten. I've developed a better relationship with my wife and kids due to not being so engulfed in what I look like. My kids don't care if I'm 8% bf or 20, they just want their dad to be there for them and to love them.

My new goals are simply to be as healthy as I can. Eat right, train hard, get home and be a great dad and give them more time than the gym and myself get. Numbers aren't important to me anymore, at 32 I could care less if I can squat 400+ and bench 400+ I just want to be healthy. 400 squat may not mean much to many, but after being shot in the thigh, it sure as hell meant a lot to me.

I guess the point of all of this is directed to the younger men here, find a balance in your life. If this is your work, go for it! If you don't make money from this endeavor and have a family, make sure they don't feel neglected. My son is going on 5 and my daughter just turned 1, the five years have flown by and I don't want to miss anything with either one of them. I just got done coaching his first year of t-ball........what a trip that was :D
I'm glad that I was able to stay in contact with RacePicks and BigMike during my hiatus, those are 2 great guys!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy, prosperous New Year!!!

richiec glad your back:headbang: I asked racepicks a while back where have you been. glad to see your doing good

Thanks man!
January 23rd will be 10 yrs alcohol free and March 15 will be 8 years drug free!

good stuff brother!! jan 30th I will have 15 years clean. no alcohol or drugs

richiec glad your back:headbang: I asked racepicks a while back where have you been. glad to see your doing good

Had to get me life "in order" so to speak.

good stuff brother!! jan 30th I will have 15 years clean. no alcohol or drugs

That's awesome man, congrats! I find that it becomes easier every day to look back at my previous self and wonder what the heck I was thinking lol. I know that God has allowed me to go through what I did in order to be the man He wants me to be. If I hadn't gone through the low, I would never enjoy the high

Your a breath of fresh air my man. God, Family and then everything else. Simply just enjoy life my man. God bless you!!

I totally understand what your saying and where your coming from bro. I'm having the same revelation in my life so to speak. After getting back stateside after 4 tours, I was a bit of a alcoholic and got addicted to pain killers from fucking up my back humpin up mountains and fast roping out of Blackhawk's. Since then I've graduated from college, moved back home to Louisiana, got married and had a son. Long story short, I finally had back surgery last year and have come off the opiates and completely quit drinking when my son was born 2 years ago to the day. I've had a revelation recently, like yourself richiec. It's not about being the biggest baddest muthafucker around. I was humbled by my wife and being laid off and moving back to SoCal then starting a new job in a different industry with 1/4 of the pay I was making before. But I feel I've come a long way in the past years and I realize that family is the one true thing that comes first, then work, then hobbies i.e getting in the gym. So now that I've pieced my life back together I'm getting back in the gym and taking a lot better care of myself. But never losing sight on the fact that my wife and son depend on me and Family comes First! At least for me....

Glad to see your getting your life back "in order" richiec!! Take care bud and I'm sure I'll be chattin with ya soon.

I totally understand what your saying and where your coming from bro. I'm having the same revelation in my life so to speak. After getting back stateside after 4 tours, I was a bit of a alcoholic and got addicted to pain killers from fucking up my back humpin up mountains and fast roping out of Blackhawk's. Since then I've graduated from college, moved back home to Louisiana, got married and had a son. Long story short, I finally had back surgery last year and have come off the opiates and completely quit drinking when my son was born 2 years ago to the day. I've had a revelation recently, like yourself richiec. It's not about being the biggest baddest muthafucker around. I was humbled by my wife and being laid off and moving back to SoCal then starting a new job in a different industry with 1/4 of the pay I was making before. But I feel I've come a long way in the past years and I realize that family is the one true thing that comes first, then work, then hobbies i.e getting in the gym. So now that I've pieced my life back together I'm getting back in the gym and taking a lot better care of myself. But never losing sight on the fact that my wife and son depend on me and Family comes First! At least for me....

Glad to see your getting your life back "in order" richiec!! Take care bud and I'm sure I'll be chattin with ya soon.

I'm glad you've made it through that rough patch man, it's hard to see the "light", but it's definitely there! 100% family has to come first, neglecting them for our personal endeavors only leads to disaster. We have to have "our time", but they should always come first. People without families, or selfish people, will never fully grasp that concept

This story sounds very familiar. Thank God for recovery and thank God for God. Without Him and the program I would be fuuuucked.

"Drug addiction is the only disease that leaves the sufferer in a better place after recovery than if they never had the disease to begin with."
-Something someone once said in a meeting I went to

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Richie it's great to have you back and I'm glad your family life and business are thriving! :headbang:

Richie it's great to have you back and I'm glad your family life and business are thriving! :headbang:

Thanks man, belated congrats on becoming a moderator! Glad you and Pesty are mods, two great guys!

I'm learning to balance life more while also becoming more selfless. My family is everything and nothing will come before them.

Good to see you back...about a month or two ago I had seen an old post from you and noticed you hadn't been on in a while. Glad you are alive and in good health.

Good to see you back...about a month or two ago I had seen an old post from you and noticed you hadn't been on in a while. Glad you are alive and in good health.

Thanks man, glad to be back. Now to get rid of this spare tire lol

Thanks man, glad to be back. Now to get rid of this spare tire lol
Good to see you posting again. Don't worry, you will be back to the shape you want in no time. I had never missed more than a few days, and my wife got sick last year...... I ended up not seeing the gym for a little over 6 months.

Once I decided to commit back to it, it was amazing the way my body changed almost overnight.

You will do the same!

Sent from my LG-D850

Your a breath of fresh air my man. God, Family and then everything else. Simply just enjoy life my man. God bless you!!

Couldn't have said it better myself. May God continue to bless you Bro.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Great to have you back Richiec !!! I was wondering where you went. Congrats on finding that balance and what is truly important to you. The gym is a great hobby for guys like us who did not make it our career, so our family and career should come first.

You will be back in shape in no time, you know what you are doing so the results will come quick.

Good to see you posting again. Don't worry, you will be back to the shape you want in no time. I had never missed more than a few days, and my wife got sick last year...... I ended up not seeing the gym for a little over 6 months.

Once I decided to commit back to it, it was amazing the way my body changed almost overnight.

You will do the same!

Sent from my LG-D850

It was tough going from 5 days a week to nothing at all. But, I had to put my families needs before my vanity. This is by far the longest I've been out of the gym, 9 months total. Started back Monday and my tris are still sore lol

Cleaning up my diet will be the hardest part, always is, but once I do it'll all be good

Couldn't have said it better myself. May God continue to bless you Bro.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Hey Lucky, long time man. Hope all is well with you!

Great to have you back Richiec !!! I was wondering where you went. Congrats on finding that balance and what is truly important to you. The gym is a great hobby for guys like us who did not make it our career, so our family and career should come first.

You will be back in shape in no time, you know what you are doing so the results will come quick.

It's good to be back! I needed a break from the gym and from here to get everything balanced out. I'm glad to see so many of the "old timers" still posting here. I saw that we lost some good guys this year, breaks my heart. Adjos and Queefer were some good guys and will be missed

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws