over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Google Shady Shit...Tracking People!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to play devils advocate here. Unless you are a big time drug dealer, pedofile, arms dealer or plotting a terrorist event, do you really think that most governments have the time, interest or resources to track what the hell you are doing online? I'm not advocating complacency but I think people get some grand ideas of being spied on. This btw isn't a shot at the OP but just a general thought I have.

I totally support people giving up there rights to privacy. I just don't support them giving up my rights to it.

Most of the time it's not companies like Google tracking you per see, but using your movements for advertising and marketing toward your preferences.
It's about the cookies...

What we see a lot now with growing privacy concerns is the exploitation of third-party cookies.
While the US has been behind, Europe led the charge with GDPR, and California adopted similar regulations.
GDPR is quite strict and requires companies to do things like completely delete your identity and all records and history at your request.
This is gradually becoming the defacto standard.

Cookies were originally intended to provide "memory" to a stateless HTTP world: keeping your preferences on websites active between visits, keeping items in now-archaic shopping carts.
Then third-party cookies came along that shared data across platforms. While not specifically targeting you as an individual, profiles were built for marketing preferences. This has become massively exploited as it provides tremendous ad revenue generation potential.

Apple's Safari and Firefox have already blocked third-party cookies. Google will do so by the end of the year. What follows is up for debate: Google will use its own system, FLoC (Federated Learning of Cohorts). Others may use Unified ID 2.0, and others may want to use perhaps the most troubling method, "fingerprinting", where all the data of your movements are aggregated to create a potentially high accuracy guess as to your specific identity. Google believes fingerprinting is really bad (it is) and suggests FLoC will be better (it probably is) but FLoC will create a walled garden that only Google has access to.

FB and IG use ID more aggressively and you will see ads for things your friends are even vaguely interested in, but this has been their model all along with filtering and promoting so nothing new.
This practice is the root of all the conspiracy and extremist info spreading like wildfire now, as it creates a self-perpetuating cycle of "recommendations" by popularity and similarity, all based on an exploitive marketing model. Their model is highly exploitative and is designed to create addictive behavior keeping eyes on the screen longer, driving ad revenue.

Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri all listen but (supposedly) don't record anything without the wake word prompt. This shows that customers can only trust that what comes after the wake word is discarded. After much talk of privacy, Apple was found to be violating its own policy.

As far as government surveillance, AI could be used to collect keyword signals and patterns, but this is still very clumsy and inefficient in most applications. AI has tremendous potential, both good and bad, but it's very immature as of now. It can filter data and look for patterns though, and that's where it will be used for now, replacing and augmenting people. In digital surveillance, it's not practical to have people do anything other than react to signals and trends that might merit escalation.

AI could be used to collect keyword signals and patterns, but this is still very clumsy and inefficient in most applications. AI has tremendous potential, both good and bad, but it's very immature as of now. It can filter data and look for patterns though, and that's where it will be used for now, replacing and augmenting people. In digital surveillance, it's not practical to have people do anything other than react to signals and trends that might merit escalation.
This is what I assume it was...We mentioned Crimea, and a section of that park is closed to the public during an investigation of some drunk girl that got her hand clawed by a lion, so I asked him what he thought, if they would take a bribe to let me through lol.

So I figured the words 'Crimea' and 'bribe' moved the email chain into filter and possibly something set in google to auto-alerts the govt the account is attached to in case of need for follow up?! The sending country may take things a little more seriously then needed, or maybe not, who knows?!

But either way, just more proof that shows in one way or another everyone is being tracked...Building dossiers on everyone, like you mentioned above.

There are ways you can lower your overall footprint/exposure on your end. The biggest thing they are banking on is your laziness and desire for convenience. Voice activation, site preferences, usernames, etc. Scary is turning off your phone's GPS and seeing how closely you can be placed using WiFi data alone (even when not at home). Scary is discussing with your wife a vacation to Mexico or the Yucatan in your living room without even doing a search and then getting spam email immediately the next day offering great deals to those exact locations.

1) turn devices off when not in use - simple and direct (but watch out for non-off standby mode)
2) use a proxy service when possible for all internet (personally, I prefer a well-configured proxy to a VPN but both are good, if they're set up well
3) use browsers like firefox focus that delete all cookie and site data when you close the browser
4) use search engines like DuckDuckGo and never search with Google unless through a proxy/VPN
5) stay off social media, particularly Facebook and IG, and never discuss anything on them you wouldn't discuss loudly in a room full of strangers
6) don't connect your phone number to every site that asks for it
6) place sticky tape over your cell phone cameras front and back
7) don't bug your own home with Alexa, Siri, and Google
8) unplug your wifi/modem/router when not in use (and make sure it's off, many contain internal batteries)
9) have a secure device and one "dirty" device where all is aliases, no personal photos or info, and for odd web browsing and internet email
10) have a cheap burner phone when a phone number is "required" for security (which is ridiculous)

Your movements are going to be tracked one way or another anyhow and with facial recognition software and hi-def cameras half the size of a shirt button, you'll have trouble not being tracked at all and the more effort you make to avoid being tracked, it's all the more suspicious you'll appear. I try to let/give out just enough to appear completely boring. Which I mostly am anyway, so it fits. But if we're thinking about it now, they've already thought about it so...

Welcome to 2021. And it's only going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member