over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got a pretty bad scare last night!!!

Ivan

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Well me and my girl went shopping in a city 100 miles north of where we live... It was a great day and we had lotsa fun, and we decided to leave around 4pm -- just when it was getting dark.

Well we were about 20 minutes from home, and she was driving while I was snoozing -- I told her to be liberal with her speed -- I was tired and wanted to get home in time for FB. Then it happened. . .

As I was ASLEEP, (with my belt on) I was startled and rattled awake by some very rough bumps -- no she did not fall asleep -- instead, she hit a very strange and in the middle of nowhere patch of snow/slush/rain shit on the road --- it made the car's rear end (an '06 ford focus) start to wobble, and I felt the car starting to get "lighter" ... I knew what was happening, and I yelled "hey slwo down we are hydroplaning" I looked at our speed and we were doing a little over 70 MPH! She tried to slow down but it was too late. We began to fishtail and before I knew it we were doing 360's on the highway at 70 mph. She impressed me -- did not panic, instead she gritted her teeth and fought the SOB, almost overcorrected, and I held on for dear life, cars in the other lane DODGED us, we came within inches of hitting a power line pole, and somehow she managed to keep us on the highway ! ! !
when we came to a stop we were sideways in the middle of the road, but shit was not over yet; I looked to my right and what do you know, a huge semi truck was heading right for us, and it did not have the trailer. She tried to turn the car back on, but it had stalled out, and it was an automatic, so she had to put it in park, oh fuck I thought as I saw this truck coming... It schreeched and also slid to a halt TWO FEET from our car... I look at her side and there are other cars sliding from the snow and also trying to slow down after witnessing our crazy ass stunt. They too came within feet of hitting us... OMG, I drove us home after that, my hands shaking so bad. A ,am got out and said that was the craziest thing he has ever seen traffic related that had a happy ending... It could have been WAAAY worse. I thanked my karma and everything else I could think of ( saved a baby quail not too long ago lol) for miraculously keeping us on the road, not getting hit by oncoming traffic, and the car is unscathed... It happened Sooo fast, I thought we were toast. Man it was just nuts, imagine, doing full 360's at 70 mph while cars dodge you by inches, and weaving from one side of the road to the other, just skimming power line poles, then the chance of other cars hitting us as we came to a stop...

Well it turns out that there was an accident on that road earlier that day -- same highway about 20 miles from where we were, only there was a death. *whew* I still get a mini adrenaline rush just thinking about it.

When I was 16 I rolled a car doing 35mph, I got banged up, but I was ok.. This was a whole different story -- we easily could have gone off the road and rolled to hell, or had a head on etc etc...

So any of you guys have any stories about car crashes or near misses? I want to hear them!

Damn bro, thank god you and your girl are okay!!! I know how scary that can be. Pretty much the same thing happened to me my freshman year of college....It was christmas break, so I was driving home and in a hurry b/c I hadn't been home but once all semester and wanted my momma's good 'ole home cookin!! Well, I got off the intersate on my last leg home and onto a two-way (4-lane) highway and it had been raining earlier so the ground was still wet...well, I hit a deep patch I guess and hydro planed (I was driving a toyota tcaoma 4X4 at the time) and My car fish tailed and I over corrected a little and went into a VICOUS spin!! I was scared SHITLESS and thought I was literally going to die....especially when I was doing 360's into ONCOMING traffic!! THere was only one car coming from the other way though, thank god and they stopped well before reaching me. My car had stalled out as well, so I had to wait a second, but I got it back up and just turned back into my own side of the road and SLOWLY drove home and thought about it the WHOLE WAY!!! I counted my blessings on that one...it was pretty damn scary!

|---[\\\\]>---------- snow? there's no snow? it was sunny and like 80 degrees today?! :confused:

whoa!!

actually i had almost the same thing happen to me when i was 18.i was driving my toyota supra on the freeway(4 lanes) at about 6pm on a sat.i was doing about 70mph when it started to drizzle.i let off the accelerator then i felt it,i felt the ass end lift up.i pushed the clutch in and started to try and steer out of it.i was in the far left and the car kept sliding towards the wall.i knew the people behind me saw what was going on because i could see them slowing down in my rearview.supras have a short wheel base so they don't do well in the rain.anyway i had a choice hit the wall or whip it across the freeway.i chose to whip it because i knew it was clear.so then i was doing 360's across 4 lanes then slide across the grass and onto the service road facing traffic.with cars coming i put the car in reverse(it was still running since i held the clutch the whole time) turned around and went to the gas station on the corner.i got out looked at the car for damage,then drove home.the adrenalin was pumping so hard i had to take a valium to calm down.

really bro it's the universes way of telling you to slow down and watch what your doing,and it's not nesseceraly related to driving.

leap

Shit, I'm Joey Chitwoods idiot step kid. I powerslid my S-10 in a ditch and rolled it three times and endoed it once, that impressed the cops. When they dragged me fromthe hospitol to the jail i was so fucked up they wouldn't put me in the tank. When I walked around to booking all the drunks got upand stared at me. I was covered in mud and blood, had stitches in my face, my head bandaged and my arm in a sling and one side of my face was swollen round. One of the dudes said holy shit and another went what the fuck happened to him. I was a celebrity for a while.

I slid on ice into the front of a van in my 83 Toyota pickup and crushed it. I hit the van so hard it waffled the side of the van. It realy sucked because I slid left, then right, then left again and right again and got it under control on the wrong side of the line. I look up and the fucker in the van was following me mirror image in a bad way. So now we are too close so I try to get on the correct side of the line and the rear end came around when I crossed the snow in the center. My passenger door hit the grill of his conversion van. I was eye to eye with the dude when we hit. He had an oh my god look and i was calling him a dumb shit. He won that one. My body was so hammered from the accident that when they tried to stand me up for the xray I would melt down the wall. The tech came out twice and got pissy because I hurt too bad to stand.Now its funny because I remember as soon as the fucker let go of me I started sliding down the wall. Talk about a can of smashed assholes.

I hit an Oak tree at 110+ in a 5.0 on sunday and woke up thursday.I was a celebrity then, too. Not my best work. Nothing to be proud of either. (smashed face, broken arm, two plates, twelve screws, broken rib)(tough looking scars though)

Two Thanksgivings ago I was driving my mom in laws van to my grandparents on I-75 and it was icey. The wife and I are yappin and two of the three are snoozing. I lost control but not way bad. The rear end of the van drifted right, left, right, left and I hear our boy go, 'Wow, hehe, that was cool'. I'm driving one handed holding shit still and I tell him hang on stud, we aren't done yet. It went right nad left again one more time and the rest of the drive was at 35mph. Cleaned the drawers at Grammys

I was cruising quietly down 75 again and I see a dude veer right. Thatsat me up at attention and I told Heather to pay attention, something just happened and I can't see it. Just then we see a car sideways at a dead stop(lights off) with the fucking idiot occupants standing next to it. This is 11pm in the middle of an interstate. So I stomp the brakes and go to the right. As I look to pull over to help the asses I hear tires screeching. I look over my left shoulder and the car behind me did the same thing but has no space and is sliding sideways at me. I yell hang on and punch it as he slides behing me and another car is locked up sliding on the other side of the assholes terrified in the middle of the fucking road still. I wasn't waiting for my third strike and I was out of there.

Last edited:
GLAD YOU DIDN'T GET KILLED GUYS.

STORIES LIKE THAT FREAK ME OUT. I WAS COMING HOME 2 WEEKS AGO...THROUGH A PLACE CALLED WOLF CREEK CANYON.....SNOW, SLICK SNOW PACKED ROAD...WIND. I WAS ONLY DRIVING 35 MPH....GRIPPING THE STEERING WHEEL HARD A LOT OF THE TIME. I'D TRY THE BRIGHTS...COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING...THEN BACK TO DIMS...NOT MUCH BETTER.

THEN THIS DIPSHIT WITH A PICK-UP TRUCK, PULLING A HORSE TRAILER GOES FLYING BY ME...WAY TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS...STARTS SWERVING BACK AND FORTH ACROSS BOTH LANES IN THAT WINDY, SNOWY CRAP, I JUST KEPT ON WAITING TO SLAM INTO THE GUY OR END UP IN THE RIVER.

IT'S OTHER DRIVERS THAT MAKE ME WANT TO NOT GET OUT THERE ON THE ROAD.

Another incident.....I was on a road trip this last weekend to go visit a buddy for the weekend who lived abotu three hours a way. I was driving with a friend in the passenger seat and we were going 75 PMH on the highway (speed limit was 70) and we were tailing a ford pick up and we both changed lanes at the same time. There was an 18 wheeler in front of him and one of the tires had a blow out and the tread flew off, but since there was a car in front of me, I couldn't see it. The pick-up ran it over and kicked it up onto the grill of my car and it scared the SHIT out of me!! IT fucked my grill up BAD and even pushed it back into the radiator. I was jsut thankful that it didn't get kicked up higher and possibly broke the windshiel and hurt my buddy.

@@

OK, OLD MAN IS THIS RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT?IS IT PART TRUE OR ALL TRUE?YOU KNOW I GOTTA WATCH KAHN:confused: !!

LEAP

Kahn said:
Shit, I'm Joey Chitwoods idiot step kid. I powerslid my S-10 in a ditch and rolled it three times and endoed it once, that impressed the cops. When they dragged me fromthe hospitol to the jail i was so fucked up they wouldn't put me in the tank. When I walked around to booking all the drunks got upand stared at me. I was covered in mud and blood, had stitches in my face, my head bandaged and my arm in a sling and one side of my face was swollen round. One of the dudes said holy shit and another went what the fuck happened to him. I was a celebrity for a while.

I slid on ice into the front of a van in my 83 Toyota pickup and crushed it. I hit the van so hard it waffled the side of the van. It realy sucked because I slid left, then right, then left again and right again and got it under control on the wrong side of the line. I look up and the fucker in the van was following me mirror image in a bad way. So now we are too close so I try to get on the correct side of the line and the rear end came around when I crossed the snow in the center. My passenger door hit the grill of his conversion van. I was eye to eye with the dude when we hit. He had an oh my god look and i was calling him a dumb shit. He won that one. My body was so hammered from the accident that when they tried to stand me up for the xray I would melt down the wall. The tech came out twice and got pissy because I hurt too bad to stand.Now its funny because I remember as soon as the fucker let go of me I started sliding down the wall. Talk about a can of smashed assholes.

I hit an Oak tree at 110+ in a 5.0 on sunday and woke up thursday.I was a celebrity then, too. Not my best work. Nothing to be proud of either. (smashed face, broken arm, two plates, twelve screws, broken rib)(tough looking scars though)

Two Thanksgivings ago I was driving my mom in laws van to my grandparents on I-75 and it was icey. The wife and I are yappin and two of the three are snoozing. I lost control but not way bad. The rear end of the van drifted right, left, right, left and I hear our boy go, 'Wow, hehe, that was cool'. I'm driving one handed holding shit still and I tell him hang on stud, we aren't done yet. It went right nad left again one more time and the rest of the drive was at 35mph. Cleaned the drawers at Grammys

I was cruising quietly down 75 again and I see a dude veer right. Thatsat me up at attention and I told Heather to pay attention, something just happened and I can't see it. Just then we see a car sideways at a dead stop(lights off) with the fucking idiot occupants standing next to it. This is 11pm in the middle of an interstate. So I stomp the brakes and go to the right. As I look to pull over to help the asses I hear tires screeching. I look over my left shoulder and the car behind me did the same thing but has no space and is sliding sideways at me. I yell hang on and punch it as he slides behing me and another car is locked up sliding on the other side of the assholes terrified in the middle of the fucking road still. I wasn't waiting for my third strike and I was out of there.

Glad to hear that you are both fine, it could have been alot worse!!! Situations like that really get the heart pumping!!!

Glad to hear you both are OK Ivan! Since many of you have become friends in one way or another, I would like to suggest something to everyone reading this. Locate your local Auto-X club, SCCA Club, Porsche Club in your areas or find a high performance driving school. First, its a blast and one of the most fun things you'll ever do. But more importantly, you will learn to relax in situations like this and learn how to correct yourself out of it. Your girl did a great job Ivan saving both of your lives. I have been in...ahem...MANY 60-70mph spins, never on ICE I'm afraid(ha). Your instructors will teach you how to better handle these situations. What it sounds like to me, and I may be wrong, is that you hit this slick patch, and when you told your girl to slow down then she immeadiately reacted by applying the brakes which transfered all the weight to the front of the car which made the back end light causing you to spin. Next time just have her lift off the gas and steer into the spin. If you have a "standard" always remember to push in the clutch while your spinning so you don't kill the motor. In an automatic, I'm not sure I would risk trying to throw it into neutral (too confusing).
Once again, glad to hear you guys are both ok!

leapfrog said:
OK, OLD MAN IS THIS RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT?IS IT PART TRUE OR ALL TRUE?YOU KNOW I GOTTA WATCH KAHN:confused: !!

LEAP

Hell yes its true. I wish you were watching out for me when I was younger, I needed it then. I was in a major accident every other year from the age of 17-25. I swear God keeps me around for kicks. I amuse the old boy I guess. Maybe he hates me and likes kicking my ass?

I know you shit yourself Ivan.. :D
I saw an accident the other night in which Mustang hit a puddle of water, female driver lost control, blew all 4 tires going over the curb and hit a small tree stump. She missed a big concrete light pole by about 5-6 feet.

Ivan said:
Well me and my girl went shopping in a city 100 miles north of where we live... It was a great day and we had lotsa fun, and we decided to leave around 4pm -- just when it was getting dark.

Well we were about 20 minutes from home, and she was driving while I was snoozing -- I told her to be liberal with her speed -- I was tired and wanted to get home in time for FB. Then it happened. . .

As I was ASLEEP, (with my belt on) I was startled and rattled awake by some very rough bumps -- no she did not fall asleep -- instead, she hit a very strange and in the middle of nowhere patch of snow/slush/rain shit on the road --- it made the car's rear end (an '06 ford focus) start to wobble, and I felt the car starting to get "lighter" ... I knew what was happening, and I yelled "hey slwo down we are hydroplaning" I looked at our speed and we were doing a little over 70 MPH! She tried to slow down but it was too late. We began to fishtail and before I knew it we were doing 360's on the highway at 70 mph. She impressed me -- did not panic, instead she gritted her teeth and fought the SOB, almost overcorrected, and I held on for dear life, cars in the other lane DODGED us, we came within inches of hitting a power line pole, and somehow she managed to keep us on the highway ! ! !
when we came to a stop we were sideways in the middle of the road, but shit was not over yet; I looked to my right and what do you know, a huge semi truck was heading right for us, and it did not have the trailer. She tried to turn the car back on, but it had stalled out, and it was an automatic, so she had to put it in park, oh fuck I thought as I saw this truck coming... It schreeched and also slid to a halt TWO FEET from our car... I look at her side and there are other cars sliding from the snow and also trying to slow down after witnessing our crazy ass stunt. They too came within feet of hitting us... OMG, I drove us home after that, my hands shaking so bad. A ,am got out and said that was the craziest thing he has ever seen traffic related that had a happy ending... It could have been WAAAY worse. I thanked my karma and everything else I could think of ( saved a baby quail not too long ago lol) for miraculously keeping us on the road, not getting hit by oncoming traffic, and the car is unscathed... It happened Sooo fast, I thought we were toast. Man it was just nuts, imagine, doing full 360's at 70 mph while cars dodge you by inches, and weaving from one side of the road to the other, just skimming power line poles, then the chance of other cars hitting us as we came to a stop...

Well it turns out that there was an accident on that road earlier that day -- same highway about 20 miles from where we were, only there was a death. *whew* I still get a mini adrenaline rush just thinking about it.

When I was 16 I rolled a car doing 35mph, I got banged up, but I was ok.. This was a whole different story -- we easily could have gone off the road and rolled to hell, or had a head on etc etc...

So any of you guys have any stories about car crashes or near misses? I want to hear them!

Sounds like a close one. Car accidents happen fast. Glad to hear you made out ok.

I got goosebumps reading this one!!!!!!!! Whooooah, i can relate to the feeling. So glad to hear your both OK and may I add should be counting your blessings. Def had an angel looking after yuo both that day. I am still sitting here stunned.

That girl deserves a pat on the back, LOL

RM

brother i could have been watching out for you, but i don't think it would have changed anything.i'm just a man like you,no special powers, just the gifts i was given.i think it wasn't your time but he was trying to relay the message for you to slow down in life.

leap

ps.i got slammed into from behind 03 and 05,i was getting the get off your ass and move forward message:eek:
Kahn said:
Hell yes its true. I wish you were watching out for me when I was younger, I needed it then. I was in a major accident every other year from the age of 17-25. I swear God keeps me around for kicks. I amuse the old boy I guess. Maybe he hates me and likes kicking my ass?

Glad you both came through unscathed! I'm much more careful since our little fender bender in March. WHICH I'm still get crap over. :mad:

Yea, I have a scary short story for you.

I was heading north on 95 to my parents house moving with the flow of traffic(65-70). I was following a semi truck over the crest of an overpass when traffic came to a complete halt. The semi locked his brakes up, rear wheels smoking and hopping. I'm in a 4x2 pickup truck with no weight in the bed. I lock up my brakes and stop within 3 feet of the semi. Wow, Thank God that was close! Glance in my rearview mirror. Picture this folks. I have a semi approaching my rearend at about 65-70 mph(JACKKNIFED) across 3 lanes! He stops behind me with a car length to spare. I could feel my heart rate behind my eyeballs.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws