over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got any tofu recipes?

I want to try this 10 oz piece of tofu i bought...which i think cost to much to use as a protein source, any ideas?

Ma Po Tofu is my favorite. The stuff really slides down. In the oriental isle of any supermarket in my area you'll find a pouch of "Lee Kum Kee sauce for Ma Po Tofu, like $1.00. I take some lean ground pork or beef and stir-fry. Then add a regular block of tofu, then sauce and cook until it thickens. Sometimes I'll add a habenero or whatever fresh chilis are on hand. I eat it w/ brown rice

|--[\\\\]>--------- Ah...welcome to my world! LOL! brown some ground beef, then add a bit of water, cut the tofu block into little squares and add to the ground beef, sprinkle some garlic powder on top and then squirt some oyster sauce over the top and mix it around...serve on top of rice of course!:D

I prepare my tofu by cutting it into strips about 5-10mm thick and frying it in a tiny bit of olive oil on a medium heat - until it becomes crisp and golden on the outside (you need a firm type of tofu for this, the soft stuff just falls apart).

As soon as I take it out of the pan, I cover it in a good soya sauce - the hot tofu soaks up the sauce and ends up with a really nice salty taste. Add some chilie sauce and it makes a great meal served with rice.

I used to eat heaps of it but I try and limit my tofu intake these days....the jury seems to be out in terms of it's impact on test production.

so far it appears you can anything with it as long as it has company.. i am going to try teh ground beef thing first and see how that goes.. thanks guys..

I heard same thing

CZ75 said:
I prepare my tofu by cutting it into strips about 5-10mm thick and frying it in a tiny bit of olive oil on a medium heat - until it becomes crisp and golden on the outside (you need a firm type of tofu for this, the soft stuff just falls apart).

As soon as I take it out of the pan, I cover it in a good soya sauce - the hot tofu soaks up the sauce and ends up with a really nice salty taste. Add some chilie sauce and it makes a great meal served with rice.

the jury seems to be out in terms of it's impact on test production.
[/I][/B]

Is there any truth to this?

big4nuthin said:
Is there any truth to this?

Good question.

There are quite a few studies and articles dealing with the negative effects of soy on test levels in males - I can dig up a few if you like. However there are also schools of thought out there that say it has some good effects unrelated to test levels.

As I said, I used to eat a lot of tofu (and other soy products). I'm a vegetarian, so soy contributed quite a bit to my daily protein intake but I had some issues with low test last year. My blood work showed my test levels to be below the normal range - one of the steps I took to rectify this was to drastically lower my soy intake, which has helped a lot from what I can tell.

Personally I think it's not a huge issue if you eat it in moderation, and with all the excellent protein sources out there, it's not necessary to consume huge amounts of the stuff (unless you're a weirdo like me) :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131