over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got Blood Work...how bad is it?

laduem88

Registered
got my cholesterol checked and did a liver panel.

my cholesterol was at 86 which is low (100-200 is normal) and for my liver everything was in range besides my ALKP which was at 155 which is high (38-126 is normal)

i did 4 weeks of winny a month before the test which is probably why the numbers are where they are but how bad are those numbers in general?

Your cholesterol information is not enough to give you an answer. You need your HDL, LDL and VLDL. The ratio is the important number. You can have a low total cholesterol but still have unhealthy cholesterol numbers!

Your cholesterol information is not enough to give you an answer. You need your HDL, LDL and VLDL. The ratio is the important number. You can have a low total cholesterol but still have unhealthy cholesterol numbers!

very true, i had it done in the middle of the day so i wasnt fasting so since i had eaten they just took the total...what about my ALKP?

very true, i had it done in the middle of the day so i wasnt fasting so since i had eaten they just took the total...what about my ALKP?

The liver panel is a little off but not bad. I don't know what your diet/supps are like right now but do know Winny is hard on the liver due to it's chemical structure. My doc usually has me fast for at least 12 hours prior to getting cholesterol drawn. Triglycerides are also important to have drawn as well.

All in all, I would say your bloodwork will get better in another month or so if you aren't hitting any supps and you are eating right, etc.

If your GGT was normal and your Alkaline Phosphatase was high, you are probably fine, if your GGT and Alkaline Phosphatase is high, you are likely having bile duct issues, which is what you'd look for from AAS.

You generally need to take a LOT of shit to cause bile duct issues, or any liver issues at all. Almost all AST/ALT elevations in bodybuilders are from training.

You are not going to see any residual liver or kidney issues from doing 4 week of winny a month ago, if you do have any issues they are most likely caused by something else.

my cholesterol was at 86 which is low (100-200 is normal) and for my liver everything was in range besides my ALKP which was at 155 which is high (38-126 is normal)

i did 4 weeks of winny a month before the test which is probably why the numbers are where they are but how bad are those numbers in general?

Your values are fine.

BMJ

Well

I think its terrible..............86 is way too low.............you need to investigate further........you seem to have poor bile flow from those numbers

Almost all AST/ALT elevations in bodybuilders are from training.

I'm impressed... You are correct however in my experience very few people are aware of this. AST and ALT are both found in skeletal muscle and there is published data establishing that intense training in athletes causes elevations in AST and ALT. In this population it's almost a misnomer to call them LFTs. GGT is MUCH more specific for the liver.

So in a bodybuilder with an elevated AST and ALT it would be prudent to also have the GGT and CK checked. If the CK is through the roof but the GGT is normal then the elevated AST and ALT are coming from skeletal muscle, not the liver.

I'm impressed... You are correct however in my experience very few people are aware of this. AST and ALT are both found in skeletal muscle and there is published data establishing that intense training in athletes causes elevations in AST and ALT. In this population it's almost a misnomer to call them LFTs. GGT is MUCH more specific for the liver.

So in a bodybuilder with an elevated AST and ALT it would be prudent to also have the GGT and CK checked. If the CK is through the roof but the GGT is normal then the elevated AST and ALT are coming from skeletal muscle, not the liver.

do you have any links to published research on this topic? I need to show this to my dermatologist because she flipped out when my AST/ALT was abotu 10-15pts higher than the accepted range.

I'll be watching mine closely too. I always get bloodwork after being off for some time to see what the normalized levels are for a clear baseline. Then several weeks into a cycle I can get another test and directly attribute the changes in value to the only variance between the two tests which would be the introduction to AAS.

Pre-cycle I'm at the following:

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 57
AST 15
ALT 27

I think its terrible..............86 is way too low.............you need to investigate further........you seem to have poor bile flow from those numbers

it was to my understanding that winny does a major number on lipids? as soon as i get back off and back to my trt dose for a while im going to get everything checked again. in the middle of test/masteron

AST and ALT have a fairly short halflife in the body, one is around a day, and the other is about 2 days. Take 4-5 days off of training if really need to see normal levels.

FYI, any AST/ALT elevations less than 2x the normal the range are generally not something a doctor would worry about.

Phil is right-- 86 is horrible (AND this was non-fasting?)...my first thought is hopefully the sample was altered or faulty testing/lab equipment. Get your labs done again, 8-10 hours fasting--do it asap. If your total chol is under 100 you may have some serious issues. The pharm companies and idiot physicians have convinced the general public that "high" cholesterol is dangerous--but 99% of the time it's fine (I'd much rather be at 286 total chol than 86).

if you are on a statin drug, that could explain the sub-100 #...in which case you'd obviously want to cease using the statin. (and stop the gear of course)

Phil is right-- 86 is horrible (AND this was non-fasting?)...my first thought is hopefully the sample was altered or faulty testing/lab equipment. Get your labs done again, 8-10 hours fasting--do it asap. If your total chol is under 100 you may have some serious issues. The pharm companies and idiot physicians have convinced the general public that "high" cholesterol is dangerous--but 99% of the time it's fine (I'd much rather be at 286 total chol than 86).
if you are on a statin drug, that could explain the sub-100 #...in which case you'd obviously want to cease using the statin. (and stop the gear of course)

:headbang: I can't believe someone brought this out. I've tried to explain this to quiet a few people, even printed research, from the library and let my doc read for himself. He seemed as if it struck him as "Greek".

PO

im not on any statin drugs. i always take fish oil, should i up the fish oil? are there any other things that could help make my lipids better? i still feel like it was the winny...winny is know to destroy lipid levels. Im on test and masteron right now and im going to take a long break and make sure everything gets back into range.

im not on any statin drugs. i always take fish oil, should i up the fish oil? are there any other things that could help make my lipids better? i still feel like it was the winny...winny is know to destroy lipid levels. Im on test and masteron right now and im going to take a long break and make sure everything gets back into range.

my HDL is very low at 26 my doc told me to start niacin at 500 mg but my LDL is good to go and i'm on a statin also, i believe that T3 helps also not totaly sure but worth checking into

my HDL is very low at 26 my doc told me to start niacin at 500 mg but my LDL is good to go and i'm on a statin also, i believe that T3 helps also not totaly sure but worth checking into

iv always have taken niacin everyday along with a bunch of other support supps. like coq10, garlic, vit. e , ala, biotin, saw p, liv. 52

also i forgot to mention but the night before i went to get my blood tested i binged on a tub of ice cream and donuts and had a box of bagel bites (contains trans fats) would that by any chance mess my readings up? i asked the doc and she said no id be ok

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity