over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got Kidney Problems on AAS? Read this it may explain a few things

So take a kidney protector as well, maybe Kombucha and dandelions
marshmallow root, juniper, nettles, . there's no way around it.

Good article I remember reading that one before.

Read the first 50 pages so far. Love seeing these studies.
Btw, this is only ONE of several kinds of kidney damage that can occur.

So take a kidney protector as well, maybe Kombucha and dandelions
marshmallow root, juniper, nettles, . there's no way around it.

I took tons of protective supplements - didn't keep the creatine and BUN down as well as elevated protein and albumin levels, plus took off training before blood work dropped creatine supps and red meat etc over the course of a few years and as long as the doses were up the kidney function was classified as CKD, nephrotic syndrome, proteinuria etc.
Still train heavy hard and eat a lot of protein, on sub q HRT and all those problems disappeared.
Long term who knows but when you are looking at something like bloodwork -it was night and day over the last few years.

I took tons of protective supplements - didn't keep the creatine and BUN down as well as elevated protein and albumin levels, plus took off training before blood work dropped creatine supps and red meat etc over the course of a few years and as long as the doses were up the kidney function was classified as CKD, nephrotic syndrome, proteinuria etc.
Still train heavy hard and eat a lot of protein, on sub q HRT and all those problems disappeared.
Long term who knows but when you are looking at something like bloodwork -it was night and day over the last few years.

Are you "Patient 1" MG?

Seems like its not necessarily the AAS causing this. But the large amount of lean mass and a specific "lifting" diets along with very strenuous exercise.

Obviously the AAS are allowing the person to get much bigger which in turn stresses the kidneys in many different ways. So it all goes hand in hand. That guy weighed nearly 300 pounds lean also. That's just unhealthy, period.

I do feel the solvents in AAS stress the kidneys directly. Also from what I understand tren directly stresses the kidneys. Where as most other AAS indirectly stress them via weight gain, increase in blood pressure, creating more byproducts for the kidneys to deal with, etc etc.

What I got from this is there is a line to be drawn when it comes to your progress and health. And everyone will be different as far as where exactly that line is. But generally people probably shouldn't be getting too heavy. Seems like body weight is one of the most important factors. I know my body is the healthiest when its lighter and 205-215 is probably about where the line is for me. Although I am quite a bit heavier than that now.

So as far as kidney heath is concerned you should probably not use high doses of anything. You should watch how heavy you get. Stay away from tren and most orals. Make sure your BP is within range. Make sure bloodwork is the same. And have a specific diet that won't stress the kidneys as much as certain other diets will. Drink plenty of water and take a specific supplement regiment consistently. Make sure your cardio is up to par because that's a must imo if you choose to live this lifestyle. Pretty simple shit really. This will help out with your overall health as well. The body is like a fish tank, if one thing is wrong then the entire tank goes to sh*t. Best to keep everything in check so you will be clear.

That's basically what I got. I'm sure there is more to it than what I said.

Last edited:
so what sorts of tests should we get in order to gain an understanding of how well our kidneys are functioning? 24-hour creatine clearance...what else?

are there any sorts of supplements that have been proven to improve kidney function?

kidneys are the only thing that im really concerned about... I feel as though my genes in this area are pretty good - never been a diabetic in my family, or a single person with kidney problems despite members who have chain-smoked for 75 years (not joking), but id rather be safe than fucked.

Are you "Patient 1" MG?

No, I have been trying to figure out who it was for years back then 2004 and even now not sure who it was, looked like a lower level pro to me.

Seems like its not necessarily the AAS causing this. But the large amount of lean mass and a specific "lifting" diets along with very strenuous exercise.

Obviously the AAS are allowing the person to get much bigger which in turn stresses the kidneys in many different ways. So it all goes hand in hand. That guy weighed nearly 300 pounds lean also. That's just unhealthy, period.

I do feel the solvents in AAS stress the kidneys directly. Also from what I understand tren directly stresses the kidneys. Where as most other AAS indirectly stress them via weight gain, increase in blood pressure, creating more byproducts for the kidneys to deal with, etc etc.

What I got from this is there is a line to be drawn when it comes to your progress and health. And everyone will be different as far as where exactly that line is. But generally people probably shouldn't be getting too heavy. Seems like body weight is one of the most important factors. I know my body is the healthiest when its lighter and 205-215 is probably about where the line is for me. Although I am quite a bit heavier than that now.

So as far as kidney heath is concerned you should probably not use high doses of anything. You should watch how heavy you get. Stay away from tren and most orals. Make sure your BP is within range. Make sure bloodwork is the same. And have a specific diet that won't stress the kidneys as much as certain other diets will. Drink plenty of water and take a specific supplement regiment consistently. Make sure your cardio is up to par because that's a must imo if you choose to live this lifestyle. Pretty simple shit really. This will help out with your overall health as well. The body is like a fish tank, if one thing is wrong then the entire tank goes to sh*t. Best to keep everything in check so you will be clear.

That's basically what I got. I'm sure there is more to it than what I said.

From my own blood work, I found supraphysiologic doses to be the primary cause. Nothing's really changed over the last ten years for me I am still heavy eat a lot and train hard - there was a dramatic shift in the kidney levels when the doses dropped and the drugs went out of my system = normal kidney function levels again.
My hematocrit never got over 48 in my early years of heavy juicing - over the years it kept steadily rising to where I quit the high doses, but even now it stays above 50 on subq test. I have been going to a hemotologist for over a decade and he told me that I am an RBC making machine conditioned over time, cardio and reduced iron help a bit but it's still a blood banks dream in my veins all year long.
There are a lot of variables as I have too seen and thought about the references to higher solvent level exposure, just not sure how you would get around it with even human grade gear at higher doses.

anyone know who this is or might resemble? from the early 2000's?
only a few bodybuilders went public with their kidney issues
Prince
Long
Morris

Attachments

• fictional peo.jpg
    fictional peo.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 500
so what sorts of tests should we get in order to gain an understanding of how well our kidneys are functioning? 24-hour creatine clearance...what else?

are there any sorts of supplements that have been proven to improve kidney function?

kidneys are the only thing that im really concerned about... I feel as though my genes in this area are pretty good - never been a diabetic in my family, or a single person with kidney problems despite members who have chain-smoked for 75 years (not joking), but id rather be safe than fucked.

Bad news:
You typically won't see any kind of chronic damage via examination of declining lab values until you have already done alot of damage.

Last edited:
Bad news:
You typically won't see any kind of chronic damage via examination of declining lab values until you have already done alot of damage.

I thought the 24 hour creatine clearance test was an informative one?

even when I was in the ER with liver failure, rhabdo, and acute kidney injury, there was no myoglobin in my urine even though it was 'tea colored'. does that mean anything?

im clueless if that wasn't obvious lol

Prince
Long
Morris

I would guess prince?

Prince
Long
Morris

First bodybuilder that came to mind from that pic is Dave Pulcinella.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws