over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got my bloodwork back

55 hdl is still somewhat low from my persepective. But way better than 30-35.

Anyone know a good supplement to regulate HDL and LDL levels?

How old are you, Norwegian? Age is the most important variable in your risk profile. Do you have Peter Bond's Book on Steroids? I'd refer to that text, which has accurate risk profiles in the chapter on fatal cardiovascular risk, before leaning on reliances from the Reddit transgender community and inferences drawn from athletes training high racing low. Statins are the first-line treatment, you may consider CoQ10 (ubiquinone) to ameliorate any potential myalgia.

How old are you, Norwegian? Age is the most important variable in your risk profile. Do you have Peter Bond's Book on Steroids? I'd refer to that text, which has accurate risk profiles in the chapter on fatal cardiovascular risk, before leaning on reliances from the Reddit transgender community and inferences drawn from athletes training high racing low. Statins are the first-line treatment, you may consider CoQ10 (ubiquinone) to ameliorate any potential myalgia.

Your numbers are quite good except for the HDL and LDL. I wouldn't worry to much about the total cholesterol. How's your liver enzymes?

Age is a completely generic factor of averages and tests like a calcium score can largely remove this factor.

Statins have come under increased scrutiny in the last decade or so and their benefits are very suspect, this opinion can be found in well-educated experts. While they may be a first line treatment for CAD, their use as a first line treatment for elevated cholesterol is very questionable.

Your numbers are quite good except for the HDL and LDL. I wouldn't worry to much about the total cholesterol. How's your liver enzymes?
Liver and Kidney

Attachments

• LiverKidney.jpg
    LiverKidney.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 36
If you think 55 is a somewhat low HDL, what is your preferred HDL level and what are your recommendations getting to that level?

I was talking about TRT and 55 hdl, I should have been a little more specific there, sorry. My lipids always were great, I wonder if thats genetic or just cardio/telmisartan/diet-wise?
I prefere to stay in the 65-80 hdl range at 15mg/day. That puts me way above normal testosterone levels as well. I honestly have no general recommendations, everyone is different and so is their lifestyle and diet. But I would still not be satisfied with just 50ish hdl at trt, I always aim for it being a lot higher.

I'd be concerned and I would see professional advice from a hematologist. High RBCs and platelets combined can be indications of blood disorders that can get you troubled when combined with AAS. At the very least you should try to keep hematocrit.

Note that my crit returns to 'normal' levels after just a few months on 12mg/day trt.
What if RBC is normal range, like low 40's. I'm talking 6 weeks after blast, few months on test,eq,tren.

I was talking about TRT and 55 hdl, I should have been a little more specific there, sorry. My lipids always were great, I wonder if thats genetic or just cardio/telmisartan/diet-wise?
I prefere to stay in the 65-80 hdl range at 15mg/day. That puts me way above normal testosterone levels as well. I honestly have no general recommendations, everyone is different and so is their lifestyle and diet. But I would still not be satisfied with just 50ish hdl at trt, I always aim for it being a lot higher.
I think it's largely genetic. Even now on 100 mg/wk trt mine never gets over about 40. It's been in the mid 30s years ago while I was on cycles. Meanwhile my wife just eats a regular diet and light exercise. Her HDL is up around 85 or 90. That's my experience.

Kinda like our gum health. She NEVER flosses and brushes teeth once a day and her gums are very healthy. I floss after every meal and brush teeth, my gums are a receding mess. Genetics rule.

Too high of an HDL can actually be a bad thing, google it.

WebMD:
Very high HDL cholesterol levels not only don't protect you more, but they might be harmful. In one study, people who had HDL cholesterol levels above 60 mg/dL were nearly 50% more likely to have a heart attack or die from heart disease than people whose HDL levels were between 41 and 60 mg/dL.

Too high of an HDL can actually be a bad thing, google it.

WebMD:
Yeah I read that too. My lipids were like that as a natural and are still almost as good on TRT so to me this is no problem.

Mine was at 52 running 125-130 weekly TRT, took it down to 80-85 weekly for about two months and it dropped into mid 40’s. I didn’t lose anything in that two month period. I don’t think you always need to drain off some blood to bring it down.

Age is a completely generic factor of averages and tests like a calcium score can largely remove this factor.

Statins have come under increased scrutiny in the last decade or so and their benefits are very suspect, this opinion can be found in well-educated experts. While they may be a first line treatment for CAD, their use as a first line treatment for elevated cholesterol is very questionable.
It's an interesting take and I appreciate your thought process here. I've actually gone diametrically the other way in my feelings on (some) statins. I've always had an LDL "issue" and my concern is with an LDL over 120 and a history of heart disease in my family I could be accruing plaque. Of course inflammation and other factors play into that...no doubt but the basic premise stands that if you are living with an LDL at 120+ and have genetic concerns you could (or likely) be increasing your risk of CAD.

I added 5mgs of rosuvastatin just twice a week and my ldl went from 130 to 100. I added one additional day and it's now 68. So with only 5mgs of the drug three times a week I've had a dramatic decrease in LDL with from what I can tell literally no negative effects. Prescribing crestor at such low doses is becoming more common because it's so dang effective. I do think part of the issue early on is docs were throwing people on 10-40mgs every day and it just wasn't necessary for many.

I've tried to dissect the research but at the end of the day if you have ldl challenges, a family issue, and concerns for CAD you are going to be in much better shape if you can get the LDL below ~80. I'd argue if your blood sugar is good, inflammation markers good, and you have an LDL at less than ~80 you are at almost no risk of accruing plaque.

That's not to say I don't agree with some of the scrutiny, which is why it took me 5 years to actually start a statin. That said, your statement was really about "first line treatment" and in that case I do agree 100%.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws