over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Got Myself an Infection

KemicalKid

Registered
Newbies
First time for me. Injected left glute and it wasn't til it spread to very top of my left leg when I felt pain in that area and it was slightly swollen. Doc said good thing I came when I did. He gave me an antibiotic injection and a script for Sulfameth/Trimethoprim. Kinda scared to inject their again. Anyone have anything similar happen?

Twice in the past year I had injections go bad...somehow the infection went down to my upper, outer thigh...diagnosed as cellulitis...I could barely walk...I too was given sulfa and all is good now...I was using T400...I've taken maybe a thousand injections over the past 35 years and this is the first times I had this happen...my question is how did an injection in the middle of my glute seep down into my thigh?...

First time for me. Injected left glute and it wasn't til it spread to very top of my left leg when I felt pain in that area and it was slightly swollen. Doc said good thing I came when I did. He gave me an antibiotic injection and a script for Sulfameth/Trimethoprim. Kinda scared to inject their again. Anyone have anything similar happen?
If it was the first pin of a bottle i would throw that shit away.Might be dirty gear.

Twice in the past year I had injections go bad...somehow the infection went down to my upper, outer thigh...diagnosed as cellulitis...I could barely walk...I too was given sulfa and all is good now...I was using T400...I've taken maybe a thousand injections over the past 35 years and this is the first times I had this happen...my question is how did an injection in the middle of my glute seep down into my thigh?...
Injections go into a bloody muscle. The infection travels in the blood from injection site. If you haven’t had this for 35 years then I would consider my gear and injection process.

I bake all my UG stuff in the oven at 180 degrees for a half hour when I first get it. Put a pin in it to vent. Lots of unsterile shit out there

How old are you?

What drug, how much and what mg/ml did you inject?

This happens to everyone eventually.

Location had zero to do with it. Just explaining what happened. I already feel sooo much better. No more pain.

Remember that rubbing alcohol is your friend.. just accidently touching the needle with your fingers can bring about infection.. I use rubbing alcohol very liberally on everything before inhecting.. stopper.. even sterile draw needles. And yes I even dip my needle ( which just came out of a sterile pack ) into alcohol.. now if you do all that and still have issues start looking at your priduct

Location had zero to do with it. Just explaining what happened. I already feel sooo much better. No more pain.
Location could have had everything to do with it, IF that’s where you pin a majority of your gear. Constant injections in the same spot can create an inflammatory reaction that mimics infection.

I can't bring myself to pin anywhere but glutes, quads, or delts.

I can't bring myself to pin anywhere but glutes, quads, or delts.
If you do ED injections you’ll eventually need to add in more sites!!!! Chest, Bi’s, Tri’s, Lats, etc… Once you get over that fear and do it, it becomes no big deal.

Cage

I have a suspicion that larger gauge needles increase the risk for infections. The larger bore may act like a punch and drag epidermal tissue deeper into the muscle. Diabetics give repeated shots daily and rarely get infections and few disinfect with alcohol. I believe the smaller gauge plays a role in this.

I have a suspicion that larger gauge needles increase the risk for infections. The larger bore may act like a punch and drag epidermal tissue deeper into the muscle. Diabetics give repeated shots daily and rarely get infections and few disinfect with alcohol. I believe the smaller gauge plays a role in this.
Yeah but junkies use small gauge slin and get infections on a regular bases. Not crapping on your point you may have one and it’s something to consider

Yeah but junkies use small gauge slin and get infections on a regular bases. Not crapping on your point you may have one and it’s something to consider
Junkies are also known to use the same needle multiple times, inject the not so cleanest of skin, with extremely dirty drugs, while normally residing in not the most sanitized environments… An infection wonderland.

Been doing this for a few years now and i still fear every pin. It's never no big deal.
Lost the fear once I took the plunge many many years ago. After I stuck myself in the glute it was free for all in all muscle groups! Lol.. You can always switch to using an insulin syringe w/ a luer lock system. And pin with a 27/29 gauge pin. Probably less scary since it’s smaller!

Cage

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner