over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Grape seed extract vs Cinnamon

warlord_wrug

Registered
When it comes to combating insulin resistance which would work better. There are multiple studies and trials stating grape seed extract actually works better than metformin. They've also done trials & studies on cinnamon but I haven't seen any evidence stating it's more effective than metformin

I am diabetic and I have never seen much of an impact with either in terms of blood sugars and insulin sensitivity.

There was an improvement but nothing worth writing home about

There are better options out there if you are looking to better insulin resistance.

One ingredient I like a lot is Berberine HCL...it has been shown to be mg per mg equally as effective as metformin.

When it comes to combating insulin resistance which would work better. There are multiple studies and trials stating grape seed extract actually works better than metformin. They've also done trials & studies on cinnamon but I haven't seen any evidence stating it's more effective than metformin

I have been running berberine and really like it! Very impressed with it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have tried a few products with great effect. I recently bought Partition-MD but I haven't started it yet. That contains low-moderate doses of various ingredients so it should be great. It gets amazing reviews from everyone I know who has used it.

Diet can have a significant impact on diabetes, some studies even suggest reversal of this disease by eliminating many items from our diets. I'm a firm believer that the US Agricultural industry is responsible for many of our own illnesses. GMO's, hormones, pesticides usage is not doing any good but it's allowed to be used meanwhile other countries DO not allow such practices. Also, big pharma has a major role impact because they want people to get sick so they could get medications and make the big pharma industry billions in revenue... It's all hidden agendas is you asked me... All on purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have be very careful how we interpret clinical research.

To be consise; most of these botanicals have very poor bioavailability. In regards to this, they need a surfactant or nanoparticles as a carrier to increase their bioavailability. When we increase bioavailability, we potentially increase a toxic threshold, or said botanical may alter an Rx'd metabolism.

When reading these research papers, pay close attention to the dosages involved (presumably animal studies) then equate this into human equvliant doses, or HED. As well see if these doses are I.V infusion or oral route.

There's alot to be said about understanding research, and alot of misleading information. With that said, there's reasons to believe these two botanicals may hold medicinal properties. Too what degree, I dunno?

Diet can have a significant impact on diabetes, some studies even suggest reversal of this disease by eliminating many items from our diets. I'm a firm believer that the US Agricultural industry is responsible for many of our own illnesses. GMO's, hormones, pesticides usage is not doing any good but it's allowed to be used meanwhile other countries DO not allow such practices. Also, big pharma has a major role impact because they want people to get sick so they could get medications and make the big pharma industry billions in revenue... It's all hidden agendas is you asked me... All on purpose

Agenda?
You really think big pharma is out to kill or sicken you and I?

Tell that to those who received polio vaccinations, or the vaccinations that have saved many lives and kept people from becoming very debilitated.

And yet you'll take hormones that are made by big pharma :confused:

Given that, these big pharma hormones have increased the quality of life for millions and potentially extended their life span.

Conspiracy theorists really don't think thoroughly. That's ok, tho. We're all untitled to our own opinions.

Keep preaching, brother :headbang:

Last edited:
Agenda?

You really think big pharma is out to kill or sicken you and I?

Tell that to those who received polio vaccinations, or the vaccinations that have saved many lives and kept people from becoming very debilitated.

Asked the many who have been vaccinated and developed many issues, young children who become almost retarded or etc. cmon now! You solely believe that "big pharma" is out their for you're own benefit or theirs? Look, yes you are correct many have benefited from vaccinations etc but that's just a small fraction of the pie. Do some research on the countries that don't use hormones, anti biotics, pesticides, GMO's, or genetically engineered their livestock, etc

Big pharma is the BIGGEST lobbyist group beside the agricultural lobbyist that influence our political system for their own benefit and not yours. Are medications necessary yes of course they are and I am not disputing those facts however, do the research, seek to know the truth, the knowledge of what's behind all the special marketing geared to make people believe that they need a drug that supposedly is good for them, etc etc... Due to the large scale of civilization growth of the world especially the US, the agricultural industry has gotten away with putting just about anything in livestock that eventually you and I will eat... But I bet you they don't eat! Or their children...

Asked the many who have been vaccinated and developed many issues, young children who become almost retarded or etc. cmon now! You solely believe that "big pharma" is out their for you're own benefit or theirs? Look, yes you are correct many have benefited from vaccinations etc but that's just a small fraction of the pie. Do some research on the countries that don't use hormones, anti biotics, pesticides, GMO's, or genetically engineered their livestock, etc

Big pharma is the BIGGEST lobbyist group beside the agricultural lobbyist that influence our political system for their own benefit and not yours. Are medications necessary yes of course they are and I am not disputing those facts however, do the research, seek to know the truth, the knowledge of what's behind all the special marketing geared to make people believe that they need a drug that supposedly is good for them, etc etc... Due to the large scale of civilization growth of the world especially the US, the agricultural industry has gotten away with putting just about anything in livestock that eventually you and I will eat... But I bet you they don't eat! Or their children...

See, my edit. Everyone has their own opinions.

I know where mine stands. Obviously you have yours also.

I'm guessing the Jenny McCarthy effect has taken over, she's a good actress that's about it.

As for Andrew Wakefield, he's been debunked several times.

Last edited:

To be consise; most of these botanicals have very poor bioavailability. In regards to this, they need a surfactant or nanoparticles as a carrier to increase their bioavailability. When we increase bioavailability, we potentially increase a toxic threshold, or said botanical may alter an Rx'd metabolism.

When reading these research papers, pay close attention to the dosages involved (presumably animal studies) then equate this into human equvliant doses, or HED. As well see if these doses are I.V infusion or oral route.

There's alot to be said about understanding research, and alot of misleading information. With that said, there's reasons to believe these two botanicals may hold medicinal properties. Too what degree, I dunno?
Majority of the studies on grape seed extract for diabetes have been on animals but they did do a human trial but it was mostly focusing on cardiovascular disease but in that study it showed gse had a impact on insulin sensitivity
Effects of grape seed extract in Type 2 diabetic subjects at high cardiovascular risk: a double blind randomized placebo controlled trial examining... - PubMed - NCBI

I have used very high dose gse for very long time...

no safety issues at all and arguably I feel better with it then with out but never considered it to have much effect in slin sensitivity.

slin sensitivity is something I pay a lot of attention too due t o health stuff.

you can manipulate diet n stuff to work with this rather then taking drugs.

plenty of stuff can "help" diet is number one.

after that pay the fuck attention to things like what stewie says! lol

:D

I have used very high dose gse for very long time...

no safety issues at all and arguably I feel better with it then with out but never considered it to have much effect in slin sensitivity.

slin sensitivity is something I pay a lot of attention too due t o health stuff.

you can manipulate diet n stuff to work with this rather then taking drugs.

plenty of stuff can "help" diet is number one.

after that pay the fuck attention to things like what stewie says! lol

:D

Out of curiosity. Is the GSE you use in suspension--liposomes based?

I started taking cinnamon a few years ago. My glucose levels drop about 10 points on my my blood tests from where they were. and have stayed lower since then. perhaps something else was the cause of that. But I give cinnamon the credit for it, as I keep watch over most aspects of my life and there were no other changes to account for it that I can tell.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131