over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

grass fed beef online

I finally found grass fed beef where i live in canada, price is $20.59 pound, hard to justify that price, I will stick to the three eyed cows for cheap beef.

I think the allure of grass fed beef is the leanness of the meat and the CLA. I wish I could find the studies that I read but they, very basically, stated that while it's true that the meat and eggs do contain higher levels of these healthy fats, the actual amount was miniscule and weren't sufficient to be the only source of these fats if you were trying to get significant levels in your diet. So, since I'm still gonna have to take fish/coconut oil, why would I spend more on free range meat and eggs? I can just buy conventional lean meat and regular eggs like I've done for decades. At the end of the day, if it makes you feel better to eat grass-fed beef do it but it isn't necessary and won't do anything to your physique or health that a strict diet won't. Not to mention that the lack of fat makes it drier/less flavorful and more suitable to slow-cooking (unless you eat your meat rare.)

you could be right, and i wont argue with you bc i dont know enough about it to do so effectively. just getting into the whole idea of purchasing higher quality food sources.

i tend to think of it like the difference between a cheap ass walmart whey protein concentrate and a high quality whey isolate. that could be a flawed analogy though.

i do know this- i wouldnt eat mcdonalds beef or even walmart beef if you paid me. that shit disgusts me. i can also tell a difference between cheapo eggs and the free range omega ones- orange yolk instead of pale yellow, and a better taste as well.

i gotta believe that going with higher quality food sources is worth it. just seems logical to me.

I finally found grass fed beef where i live in canada, price is $20.59 pound, hard to justify that price, I will stick to the three eyed cows for cheap beef.

haha, yeah fuk that. i'd be eating mcd's beef all day before i paid that

As a beef producer (small time) myself, I can tell you this - if you really saw where some of your meat comes from....well you would probably consider paying more for good quality foods. A little story - I once went to a feed lot near my farm that had been shut down by the DEP or some other organization. By the chute where the cattle were held to be treated was a mountain of used syringes, bottles, needles, etc more than 3 feet high. These gigantic feed lots where the meat is coming from breed sickness and deal with it using more and more drugs. The feedstuffs are subpar, and are often byproducts of snack food companies. I can't speak for much other than the beef industry but I know I eat as little food that I don't know the origin of as possible. If you don't believe in grass-fed beef, at least try to support your local farmers, I can guarantee you the meat you are getting is of higher quality. Just my two cents...

**broken link removed**

Blaine is a good dude too. 95% beef

**broken link removed**

use "farmer" in the promo code and get it for $3.88 / lb.

Be cool if Big A could get a grass fed beef sponsor!

Local Meat Market

Local Meat market near me has New York Strip on sale occasionally for $2.99 per lb. Meat market has its own cattle farm.

But are they grass fed or grain fed????

NOt the same thing he is looking for. Grass only!!

As a beef producer (small time) myself, I can tell you this - if you really saw where some of your meat comes from....well you would probably consider paying more for good quality foods. A little story - I once went to a feed lot near my farm that had been shut down by the DEP or some other organization. By the chute where the cattle were held to be treated was a mountain of used syringes, bottles, needles, etc more than 3 feet high. These gigantic feed lots where the meat is coming from breed sickness and deal with it using more and more drugs. The feedstuffs are subpar, and are often byproducts of snack food companies. I can't speak for much other than the beef industry but I know I eat as little food that I don't know the origin of as possible. If you don't believe in grass-fed beef, at least try to support your local farmers, I can guarantee you the meat you are getting is of higher quality. Just my two cents...

Thank you Bill. Shocker here, but my personal opinion is that you can't even begin to compare grass fed vs grain fed. One is far superior to the other in terms of health promotion. I used to wonder if this was all hocus pocus too, until I met some farmers who had switched to grass fed practices and told me why (not just the drugs etc...how much CLA, better ratio of Om3 to 6 etc), and about all the nasty things Bill mentioned for starters...I researched the shit out of this, and Dr Serrano and I looked at countless studies (for me not for him), and decided it was worth a try...I had very good results in my blood panels, lower bodyfat levls, etc tc. aftr 6 months, and it became a permanent part of my plan.

JM

JM

i tend to think of it like the difference between a cheap ass walmart whey protein concentrate and a high quality whey isolate. that could be a flawed analogy though.

i do know this- i wouldnt eat mcdonalds beef or even walmart beef if you paid me. that shit disgusts me. i can also tell a difference between cheapo eggs and the free range omega ones- orange yolk instead of pale yellow, and a better taste as well.

i gotta believe that going with higher quality food sources is worth it. just seems logical to me.[/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You are using very good logic my friend!

JM

Local Meat market near me has New York Strip on sale occasionally for $2.99 per lb. Meat market has its own cattle farm.

Cornfed or not, that's a super deal. I'd eat that shit all day if I could get it that cheap. Wait, I have been, but it's been on sale at $3.99/ pound. It's so good though, like dissolve in your mouth good.

I saw an ad for a local farm here that said this:

Grass fed beef
$2.19/lb
Full rack
half rack at least 275lbs.

I have no idea what that means. Do you have to buy "half a rack" to get that price? What is a rack?

i gotta believe that going with higher quality food sources is worth it. just seems logical to me.

JM[/QUOTE] its funny how guys will spend ANY amount of money on ASS and every peptide known to man, but when it comes to "raw materials" (food) they wanna take the cheapest route. if you were building a house would you use low grade cheap materials to build your home? or good heavy duty material that will last longer and improve your home?? HMMMMMM?? yea stupid comparison but you get the point...LOL

I've grown up in the cattle business, we still have about 350 brood cows, and i can't say what all other producers are using, but we try and use as little antibiotics as possible (pretty much none for the most part), no hormones, but we do use vaccinations against various bovine diseases. All of our cattle is grass fed, including clover in the spring. We have fed our own, but haven't since my dad had 6 bypasses eats fish only (as meat). Most of the buyers we sell to feed them out in the midwest, and they tell me there is a trend towards better cultural practices resulting in less antibiotics and other chems being used. I have no issues eating beef bought in Publix supermarkets, but i do buy Maverick brand when available, mainly because what i've read about them they are a very good operation...

**broken link removed**

maybe i can go shoot a couple and ship them to PM members:D

There is a HUGE difference between grass fed, no hormone or antibiotic given beef and store bought crap.

The taste is light years ahead, you don't need all the seasonings and condiments to make it taste like beef, which is huge in my book.

I can't even eat generic beef without slathering it with rubs and spices just to flavor it up.

Not to mention, the grass fed bef cooks up in 2 minutes flat in my rocket grill and taste better than any burger I can get at a restaurant, and it's way leaner, too.

No contest here, grass fed is worth the extra $1 or so per pound by far.

**broken link removed**

Blaine is a good dude too. 95% beef

**broken link removed**

use "farmer" in the promo code and get it for $3.88 / lb.

Be cool if Big A could get a grass fed beef sponsor!

Thanks for that! Even at 90% lean, that is one hell of a deal with the discount!

JM
its funny how guys will spend ANY amount of money on ASS and every peptide known to man, but when it comes to "raw materials" (food) they wanna take the cheapest route. if you were building a house would you use low grade cheap materials to build your home? or good heavy duty material that will last longer and improve your home?? HMMMMMM?? yea stupid comparison but you get the point...LOL[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! and not a bad comparison at all!!!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws