over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Grass feed Beef - How much do you buy

Big D 51

Registered
I am looking to purchase some grass feed beef after reading all the good reviews. My question is how is everyone buying it? Do you buy a months worth, and freeze it soon as it comes in? Placing orders every week?

Has anyone been able to find it at a local grocery store?

I would like to buy a months worth of ground beef, shrimp, steak, etc. and just freeze it, but I don't have any experience with freezing products. I usually go to the grocery store every week and buy just enough to last for the week.

I cook on Sunday up till Wednesday, and just let the items sit in the fridge until I need them. Then Wednesday to Sunday so I never really have to freeze anything.

Last edited:
I'd buy as much as you can afford and freeze it , if I don't buy another cow this year thats what I'm planning to do , try to get a bunch of 1lb packs and cut them in half then freeze them and thaw as needed

As much as I can store...my chest freezer only takes so much :(

I love red meat. The farmers that sell grass fed beef near me only slaughter in the fall so I stock up then and typically buy more in the summer at the grocery store when the supply runs low.

40lbs every month. Half is grass fed bison and the other half grass fed beef.

great Information as always. Thanks.

This is probably a dumb question because it has already kinda been answered, but once I freeze the meat I have as long as I would like before I eat it without it going bad as long as it stays frozen?

it will store for a long if it packed properly otherwise it will dryout from freezer burn.

If you can pack it in quality vaccum sealed bags it'll last a good while , it kinda depends on how much you eat.

If you eat 8oz a day then 50lbs will last you 100 days and meat will certainly last that long and 50lbs of meat is alot to store if you don't have a big freezer

it will store for a long if it packed properly otherwise it will dryout from freezer burn.

If you can pack it in quality vaccum sealed bags it'll last a good while , it kinda depends on how much you eat.

If you eat 8oz a day then 50lbs will last you 100 days and meat will certainly last that long and 50lbs of meat is alot to store if you don't have a big freezer

Answered all my questions. Thanks bro.

I just realized the steak is triple the price I pay now for steak. :banghead::banghead: . Beef and shrimp isn't too too bad. This hobby is breaking me, but I'm addicted.

I just realized the steak is triple the price I pay now for steak. :banghead::banghead: . Beef and shrimp isn't too too bad. This hobby is breaking me, but I'm addicted.

yea the beef is high , but even at $10 a pound if your only eating 8oz a day thats only $5 for that , you likely spend more than that on somthing half as good

(THOSE NUMBER ARE WAY OFF BY THE WAY)

Thanks for great help

yea the beef is high , but even at $10 a pound if your only eating 8oz a day thats only $5 for that , you likely spend more than that on somthing half as good

(THOSE NUMBER ARE WAY OFF BY THE WAY)

Gunsmith,

Thank you for all your help and comments on this thread. Even with a higher cost of meat, I am definitly still saving money but not eating out as much. I am not sure what numbers you are talking about, but my steaks from walmart (yuh walmart meats suck but is convenient) is $4.38/lb for eye of round and from grasslandbeef is $12.75/lb for top sirloin. I was told to get the top sirloin because it is a lean cut meat :banghead: . I am looking forward to the meat change though. I am going to buy me a deep freezer today.

Last edited:
Anybody have any opinions on deer meat? I also love to hunt and usually stock up on deer during the winter months. Any ideas of nutritional value vs. beef? I know its lean.

I think that deer is a bit leaner than even the leanest cuts of beef so that would make it more protein dense , not saying that 6oz of deer is so much more protein than 6oz beef , maybe 1-3 grams but the fat that is in it is quality fats like that of grass fed beef

UNLESS

you shooting deer than have been eating off a corn pile their whole life , down here baiting is legal and alot of guys have ALOT of corn out all year long to keep the deer on their property

I've cut out a lot of the ground grass fed beef out, with that I've had to lower my monthly lbs allowed down to 25-30.

I buy the 96% lean ground beef from walmart, I don't know what they feed the cattle.

I think that deer is a bit leaner than even the leanest cuts of beef so that would make it more protein dense , not saying that 6oz of deer is so much more protein than 6oz beef , maybe 1-3 grams but the fat that is in it is quality fats like that of grass fed beef

UNLESS

you shooting deer than have been eating off a corn pile their whole life , down here baiting is legal and alot of guys have ALOT of corn out all year long to keep the deer on their property

Any thoughts on Elk? I usually shoot one every year and it is alot of meat.

Any thoughts on Elk? I usually shoot one every year and it is alot of meat.

I prefer Elk over anything , i love the taste.
I would suspect that its as lean as lean ground beef but again they are free ranging so the fats will be better for ya.

I eat alot of wild game and after reading some of "mountaindog's" stuff i think that even wild pork would be good , its definatly leaner than fram raised pork but lord only knows what they eat.
I've seen wild hogs eat shit that would gag a buzzard!!

UNLESS

Thanks for the info. I wont say I havent ever thrown out some yellow acorns but they deff dont rely on them for nutrition. I only use corn as an early season attractant when bow hunting. When you say "down here", wheres that?

Thanks for the info. I wont say I havent ever thrown out some yellow acorns but they deff dont rely on them for nutrition. I only use corn as an early season attractant when bow hunting. When you say "down here", wheres that?

South Louisiana , bating is legal here and alot of guys hunt over corn. I do most of my hunting on a lease in south Mississippi where hunting over feed is against the law but our lease does have feeded out , the last several years we have been using special deer pellets its an all green blend with some vitamins and minerals in it and our food plots we generaly pant clover and a mix of other greens.
Some of the guys still use corn cause it so cheap and the deer love but when you clean them you can definatly tell what they have been eating as they are much fatter

South Louisiana , bating is legal here and alot of guys hunt over corn. I do most of my hunting on a lease in south Mississippi where hunting over feed is against the law but our lease does have feeded out , the last several years we have been using special deer pellets its an all green blend with some vitamins and minerals in it and our food plots we generaly pant clover and a mix of other greens.
Some of the guys still use corn cause it so cheap and the deer love but when you clean them you can definatly tell what they have been eating as they are much fatter
I deff want my deer to rely on greens such as food plots as well. I also plant clover, a mix of greens, and some radish. But i mainly keep my plots unpressured so i can take my daughter and always see something. Bout the only time I use corn is early season bow before acorns have hit the ground. Your right, you can deff tell a huge in difference in fat type. You have any luck this year?

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner