over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Graveyard shift new job = less time to live in the gym = 3 day approach

rainstony

Registered
My new job has me working graveyard shift 60-68 hours a week, so sleep becomes an important aspect that takes up a lot of my spare time. Luckily I'm a machine operator so it's the absolute perfect job to eat as much as I want and as often as I want with no problems from the bosses.

Seems like 3 days a week is what nature is handing me right now. I'm cool wirh that. Stimulate, recover, and feed.

Would it be better to do a 3 day split:
Chest/shoulders/tris
Legs
Back/Bis

With higher volume per workout? Or is it better to go wirh a full body compound based workout each day, with lower working sets each workout, alternating some ancillary work through each workout?

Currently doing the sit wirh pretty high volume, 4-5 sets of 8-20 reps per exercise, 4-5 exercises per workout.

Have you tried DC style?
2 workouts, workout 1 on Monday, workout 2 on Wednesday then workout 1 again Friday and workout 2 on Monday and so on. The progressive overload kicks my old ass after awhile but I really like it and have good results.

Have you tried DC style?
2 workouts, workout 1 on Monday, workout 2 on Wednesday then workout 1 again Friday and workout 2 on Monday and so on. The progressive overload kicks my old ass after awhile but I really like it and have good results.
I've honestly been around a while. I was a finalist in M&F rock hard challenge and getting ready to step into my first show later that year. Life had other plans wirh meeting my girl and getting pur life going. 4 years later I'm back at it at 33 to give it one more big push, so definitely coming into it a little late now. DC has been around a long time. I'm not surprised it's still being pushed so hard. I'm good with training consistency and self motivation and pretty good at eatinf consistent and clean. But I've always been a 4 day split guy so the 3 days is a little newer. Just trying to get the most bang for my buck.

hell i get in 2x a week if its a good week, enough to maintain for me, just got to kill it

I train PPL 3 days a week and love it. I never seemed to get enough stimulation from a full body split or even upper/lower.

mon= lower
wed= upper
fri= total body

i like this a lot. bodyparts get hit 2x per week

or even better would be this

I feel your pain. I worked hours like that for years. Often 80 hrs week. I followed a Mentzer HIT/ DC blend type of training. Brief but heavy and intense. 30-40 min per sessions MAX.
A. Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
B. Back/Biceps/Abs
C. Quads/Hams/Calves

Monday: shoulders and arms
Wednesday: legs, calves and abs
Friday: chest, back, traps, rear delt

I’ve been on this split for about 6 weeks now and I’m enjoying it. This is team skip protocol which you can read more about on elitefts.com

I’ve been on this split for about 6 weeks now and I’m enjoying it. This is team skip protocol which you can read more about on elitefts.com
I like this one as I am also pressed for time each week with not just work but having to care for elderly relatives.

My new job has me working graveyard shift 60-68 hours a week, so sleep becomes an important aspect that takes up a lot of my spare time. Luckily I'm a machine operator so it's the absolute perfect job to eat as much as I want and as often as I want with no problems from the bosses.

Seems like 3 days a week is what nature is handing me right now. I'm cool wirh that. Stimulate, recover, and feed.

Would it be better to do a 3 day split:
Chest/shoulders/tris
Legs
Back/Bis

With higher volume per workout? Or is it better to go wirh a full body compound based workout each day, with lower working sets each workout, alternating some ancillary work through each workout?

Currently doing the sit wirh pretty high volume, 4-5 sets of 8-20 reps per exercise, 4-5 exercises per workout.

I worked graveyard shift (10pm - 6am, paid lunch, 15% premium)
for many years as a machinist . . . but not as many hours as you!

Weight training; I always got the best results by going to the gym right
after work and doing a full body routine, but I respond best to frequent,
brief, intense workouts.

But hey, you have to find out what works best for you. Try them all,
keep accurate records, have some fun and learn something.

Graveyard can throw some peoples bodies into a tail spin so I think it is good
you are asking this question.

Let us know where you land.

I also wanted some semblance of a social life life as it takes a good hit on this
shift, wanted to be out and about during the day when everybody else
(think husbands) were at work and not spend all my time in a gym, which
I did, and it worked but at the end it almost got me killed but that is
another story. But for somebody who wants to have a bunch of time and
has the energy to eat, train and rest (the hardest part for some) it’s not a
bad way to go, could be worse.

been doing 3 days a week for 3 months now, best results so far at my age of 42 now. recovery pumps and general desire to train at all time high.

i do mwf
m- chest delts, arms

w back and traps

f - legs

cardio tu/thur
sat/sun off (active rest)

DC two way split. Hands down. DC 2 way spilt has withstood the test of time for a reason. You basically train 2/3 of the body each session.

Bench
OHP
Skulls
Pullups
Deadlift

Hammer curls
Preacher curl
Leg curl
Leg press
20 rep squat.

Done.

Have you tried DC style?
This and embrace the recovery time by going 3x a week, results may surprise you! 👍

The basic push pull has worked for many for decades. If you want a little more frequency training the upper one day with the lower another will work and everything will get hit 3x every 2 weeks.

I’m going to give this a try. Just had my hip replaced on Halloween, and the hours I’m putting in at work have me beat.

can try fortitude "family man plan" which is a 3 days full body split

I’m going to give this a try. Just had my hip replaced on Halloween, and the hours I’m putting in at work have me beat.
Sounds like a good plan and good luck on the recovery brother. Hip or knee replacements are a bummer and I am looking at a knee replacement in the next 5-10 years myself. Heck, I should get all my joints swapped out for hydraulics to make me bionic!

I feel your pain. I worked hours like that for years. Often 80 hrs week. I followed a Mentzer HIT/ DC blend type of training. Brief but heavy and intense. 30-40 min per sessions MAX.
A. Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
B. Back/Biceps/Abs
C. Quads/Hams/Calves
I did this for a long time on a Mon/Weds/Fri split. Had weekends off to enjoy life ate a ton, rested a lot and grew. It also worked well when i was doing 10IU GH blasts 3 x a week. I got up to my heaviest and strongest 295lbs.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131