over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gravity Boots

method2madness

Registered
I used gravity boots today to train abs. THis is my first time using them and I will probably put them into my regular rotation of ab movements. ANy of you gouys use them or have experience with them. Any input is appreciated. :cool:

Ive never used them to train abs, but I have hung from them to help lower back issues and it works

Ive never used them to train abs, but I have hung from them to help lower back issues and it works
Same here. I've actually moved on from the boots to the inversion table. Love it. I start and end every workout with it. I don't know about doing abs with them though.

Thanks for the input.

Same here. I've actually moved on from the boots to the inversion table. Love it. I start and end every workout with it. I don't know about doing abs with them though.
I tried the inversion table after i hurt my back on a HALO jump a few years back. Made it worse. Lol. Hope it worked for you

I tried the inversion table after i hurt my back on a HALO jump a few years back. Made it worse. Lol. Hope it worked for you
Were you using gravity boots first then switched?
To me using the boots, then getting back up to unhook from the bar was undoing the relaxation and stretching of the inversion. The table eliminates that part.
The table has done wonders for me. I do one minute before the workout, and 2 or 3 minutes after.

Yea gravity boots messed up my lower back one time never did it after that. Got a nice kink or maybe something with the siatic nerve. Barley walk for 3 days after that

To me using the boots, then getting back up to unhook from the bar was undoing the relaxation and stretching of the inversion. The table eliminates that part.
The table has done wonders for me. I do one minute before the workout, and 2 or 3 minutes after.
I wouldn't use the boots before the lift, I guess 1 minute isn't too long. I do mine for 5 minutes after I lift and a couple of times I pulled a muscle on my low back just moving around the house. Once I sneezed and "threw out my back". I think it might relax the muscles so much that it's too lose and puts you at some danger until it settles back down a bit.

I think the table is a great tool to use. I also go to the chiropractor where he stretches me out on a horizontal table with a pulley. That table is better because it can be done a lot longer. Mine is about 15 minutes, you shouldn't hang that long because of all the blood flow to your head. They say there is a chance you can damage your eyes.

Another important thing about using a table, increase your angle of hanging slowly over the weeks. Start out at an angle that is not too steep.

I wouldn't use the boots before the lift, I guess 1 minute isn't too long. I do mine for 5 minutes after I lift and a couple of times I pulled a muscle on my low back just moving around the house. Once I sneezed and "threw out my back". I think it might relax the muscles so much that it's too lose and puts you at some danger until it settles back down a bit.

I think the table is a great tool to use. I also go to the chiropractor where he stretches me out on a horizontal table with a pulley. That table is better because it can be done a lot longer. Mine is about 15 minutes, you shouldn't hang that long because of all the blood flow to your head. They say there is a chance you can damage your eyes.

Another important thing about using a table, increase your angle of hanging slowly over the weeks. Start out at an angle that is not too steep.
One minute just gives it a nice stretch.

One minute just gives it a nice stretch.
I can imagine its probably ok. I never tried it for just 1 minute. I think more bodybuilders should use it.

No, never tried the boots but im glad the table is working for you.

I have a teeter table and it came with a video showing how to use it. They do show how you can do abs on it. I've never tried it.

Im good now brother ( this was a few years back ) but i appreciate it.
I've only had lower back issues once, the first was about 6-7 years ago and required an ER visit and two doses of morphine. I was 100% in 3 or 4 days. This last one wasn't nearly as bad but it was difficult to stand for more than a 10 minutes, mornings sucked, and life just sucked as it lasted about a month..........I plan on doing everything possible to never go through that again.

I've only had lower back issues once, the first was about 6-7 years ago and required an ER visit and two doses of morphine. I was 100% in 3 or 4 days. This last one wasn't nearly as bad but it was difficult to stand for more than a 10 minutes, mornings sucked, and life just sucked as it lasted about a month..........I plan on doing everything possible to never go through that again.
If you were 100% in that short of time thats not bad. Age matters as well obviously. Mine took 6 months. For me, it was just as bad mentally not being able to do what i was doing before. Feeling like a POS not being able to function. This too shall pass.. Train, live right, youll recover. God bless brother. Finish strong

I used to use them for both the stretch and ab work, but they started making my knees hurt. Now I use the inversion table just for the spine health.

I remember a similar thread a while back and it might have been Emeric who was saying that bodybuilders have too much torso weight so the boots can pull on the knees too much? I think he recommended the table as a better option.

IMHO there are plenty of ways to stretch the hip flexors and QL to relieve back pain without having to hang upside-down.

I remember a similar thread a while back and it might have been Emeric who was saying that bodybuilders have too much torso weight so the boots can pull on the knees too much? I think he recommended the table as a better option.

IMHO there are plenty of ways to stretch the hip flexors and QL to relieve back pain without having to hang upside-down.
The table is a lot better than boots too because you can control the angle you hang at to decrease the amount of force stretching you out. You can slowly increase it over the months or decrease it if things get too intense. There is a strap that you adjust, it keep the table from hanging totally vertical.

what did they do for you that you were 100% in three of four days? sounds like a miracle. i suffer from back pain every single day and while it's manageable now, there are still a lot of things i can't do without paying for it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131