over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Great article on AICAR - GW1516

mikevegas

Registered
In of all places..... The current issue of Outside Magazine. Adventure Travel, Gear, and Fitness | OutsideOnline.com so you can see what the cover looks like. I'd been very curious about those Pep's, couldn't believe i stumbled on great info there. Basically it's an interview with a scientist whom pioneered quite a bit of the research and lab testing of the two and then wrote in the Journals about the findings

Anyone got real world experience running the two? Can't seem to find any.

Yes

In of all places..... The current issue of Outside Magazine. Adventure Travel, Gear, and Fitness | OutsideOnline.com so you can see what the cover looks like. I'd been very curious about those Pep's, couldn't believe i stumbled on great info there. Basically it's an interview with a scientist whom pioneered quite a bit of the research and lab testing of the two and then wrote in the Journals about the findings

Anyone got real world experience running the two? Can't seem to find any.

I am unsure why more do not buy this..........we dont sell a lot of it but its GREAT!

more

"In 2008, researchers at the Salk Institute discovered that AICAR given to experimental mice significantly improves their performance in endurance-type exercise, apparently by converting fast-twitch muscle fibers to the more energy-efficient, fat-burning, slow-twitch type. They also looked at the administration of GW 501516 (also called GW1516) in combination with AICAR. Given to mice that did not exercise, this combination activated 40% of the genes that were turned on when mice were given GW1516 and made to exercise. This suggests it may be possible to obtain some of the benefits of exercising without actually exercising.[4] Because of the enhanced endurance effects, this could potentially be used by athletes to enhance their performance."

Most of us are bodybuilders, slow-twitch muscle fibers are anti-hypertrophic. I want the cardiovascular benefits, but if it works by reducing fast twitch in place of slow twitch, well wouldn't we see a dramatic decrease in gains from a product like this?

This might work well for a fitness competitor or endurance athlete.

Anyone know the appropriate dosage?

From what I have read about this stuff. Aicar, the amount needed for a human, to replicate the dose given to mice would be in the hundreds of dollers per day. I believe it was 3 grams a day needed for an effective dosage for a human according to the article. This is just based on what I read, I don't have a reference for the article. But I googled the heck out of it when I first heard about it. It would be great if it did work and at a reasonable cost. We would all be doing it, no question. Anyone else researching it has probably seen the same thing. I'd absolutely love to hear contrary.

AMPK actually decreases protein synthesis by inhibiting the mTor pathway,not bad for endurance athletes but why would a bodybuilder want this?I have no idea.

"apparently by converting fast-twitch muscle fibers to the more energy-efficient, fat-burning, slow-twitch type"

this would be a negative for athletes like sprinters, football players etc wouldnt it?

You should really read the article, very informative. I would have to agree this may be more appealing to the endurance athlete than a straight bodybuiler, but it is another option. For me, I can't use AAS, and also I am competitive athlete outside the BB world. So for me it's another option (outside AAS), and also an option that should improve my body as far as appearance, and improve my other sports performances.

If you are straight BB and taking plenty of HGH and AAS, probably not your thing. Outside of that, if you are seeking more Pep options, check the article.

Phil, could you share a dosing protocol on those two drugs combined?

BUMP BUMP

any more info on this? its available through one of our sponsors. I'm an athlete in a sport that requires bursts of speed and strength so im not sure it would be for me but I'd love to hear peoples experience.

I am unsure why more do not buy this..........we dont sell a lot of it but its GREAT!

I think is because of the chronic use of AICAR, you cannot take it 3 times a week (I have done it with mice), it needs more like 5 -6 days a week in conjunction with GW to show the expected results in human subjects. Even then you will see an accumulation of glycogen on fast twitch muscle over time (perhaps bc AICAR affects energy transport proteins in specialized muscle).

This means it is an expensive cycle to run for most people. And even more important, the need to find the correct peptide synthesized is hard to get 1 out of 10 times even SigmaAldrich send me the wrong compounds.

As a conpetitive athlete who relies on explosive power and speed, I would be weary of anything that says it converts fast twitch fibers to slow twitch. If I wanted a peptide for endurance I would lean towards Tb500 which helps with endurance as well

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws