over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

great study on Anabolic androgenic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity

Delt123

Kilo Club
Registered
'Abstract
Anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) have been abused for decades by both professional and amateur athletes in order to improve physical performance or muscle mass. AAS abuse can cause adverse effects, among which are hepatotoxic effects. These effects include cholestatic icterus and possibly peliosis hepatis and hepatocellular carcinoma or adenoma. In particular, 17α-alkylated AAS appear to be hepatotoxic, whereas nonalkylated AAS appear not to be. The 17α-alkyl substitution retards hepatic metabolism of the AAS rendering it orally bioavailable. The mechanism responsible for the hepatotoxicity induced by 17α-alkylated AAS remains poorly understood. However, oxidative stress has been repeatedly shown to be associated with it. In this manuscript we present a hypothesis which describes a potential mechanism responsible for AAS-induced hepatotoxicity, based on several observations from the literature which suggest oxidative stress being a causal factor.'

link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27372877

I've gotten the green light from the man himself to post the full text in PDF too. EDIT: File too big, sen dme a PM if you're interested.

On his instagram( https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCn5tMhrw6/) he posted something pretty interesting:

'The combination of metabolic resistance as well as the potency to induce AR transactivation also seems to be in line with what is seen in practice (oxandrolone hardly hepatotoxic, oxymetholone a bit hepatotoxic, methandienone quite hepatotoxic, methyltrienolone very hepatotoxic on a mg per mg basis).'

Last edited:
'Abstract
Anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) have been abused for decades by both professional and amateur athletes in order to improve physical performance or muscle mass. AAS abuse can cause adverse effects, among which are hepatotoxic effects. These effects include cholestatic icterus and possibly peliosis hepatis and hepatocellular carcinoma or adenoma. In particular, 17α-alkylated AAS appear to be hepatotoxic, whereas nonalkylated AAS appear not to be. The 17α-alkyl substitution retards hepatic metabolism of the AAS rendering it orally bioavailable. The mechanism responsible for the hepatotoxicity induced by 17α-alkylated AAS remains poorly understood. However, oxidative stress has been repeatedly shown to be associated with it. In this manuscript we present a hypothesis which describes a potential mechanism responsible for AAS-induced hepatotoxicity, based on several observations from the literature which suggest oxidative stress being a causal factor.'

link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27372877

I've gotten the green light from the man himself to post the full text in PDF too. EDIT: File too big, sen dme a PM if you're interested.

On his instagram( https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCn5tMhrw6/) he posted something pretty interesting:

'The combination of metabolic resistance as well as the potency to induce AR transactivation also seems to be in line with what is seen in practice (oxandrolone hardly hepatotoxic, oxymetholone a bit hepatotoxic, methandienone quite hepatotoxic, methyltrienolone very hepatotoxic on a mg per mg basis).'

Can you please PM me the contact details of Peter Bond if you have them?

Thanks.

i cant see more then the abstract...
but i think there is truth in this. i do think that aas increase oxidative stress, i think that shouldnt be much of a question.

training also increases oxidative stress, as can eating more.. im sure no one around here does any of these things.

i think this concept of oxidative stress is largley not well understood, also what to do against it isnt all that clear either especially if you only look at scientific info.

all of these additional stressed to the systems of the lives that most here want to live should be very important. it certainly is talked about and again clearly not many confirmed truths.

sure there is liver stress from 17α-alkylated but I think its often completely overlooked that injectable oils will also do liver damage. It is still cholesterol based hormones that need to be broken down in the liver. Taken excessively does put strain on the liver.

Keep in mind methyltrienelone is used in 1-2mg doses, tops, compared to the other mentioned oral usually offered in 50mg doses. Oral tren has anabolic/androgenic ratio that is insane. Like 1000x as strong as the other mentioned products.

Still an interesting post, just pointing that out.

i swear this had different words yesterday...:confused:
talk about oxidative stress:eek::confused:

I haven't edited it, apart from some typos in the non copy pasted text.

If you're interested, I can e-mail you the full text

lol
no dude, im just a little weirded out.
has nothing to do with the study but me! lol
i have had a bit of a manic episode this week and i remember responding to this but i sweat i read stuff that i dont see here now. this sounds and feels ridiculous but i swear... i responded to something a bit differnet, and i swear i saw it!!

i have to use little mental notes to see where im at on the crazy scale and i didnt think i was THAT far to the right. lol

im just wonder what else in my week has been real or imaginiary now...:confused:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity