over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

great tip for shoulders

I fail to see the carryover to weight training / bodybuilding with one exception.
(See below.)

But hey, do I know?

Like I said, I did them a bunch while rock climbing where it did help I
beginner like me. I went for pure time, never added weight.

There are some way better climbers than me on this forum, I hope they
come in.

Still, don’t hang like a dead man and let your shoulder take the brunt of
the punishment.

Would somebody please explain to simple minded person like me . . .
What place do they have in this ‘sport’ . . . Rehab? Injury prevention?

Oh, I forgot to mention. The are great to do immediately after wrist curls
as part of your forearm routine. Amazing.
Dante uses them as a growth potentiator. But they can help with shoulder health as well

I like to do hangs with a doorway chin-up bar at home. I can keep my feet lightly on the ground and slowly increase the degree of stretch over several minutes if needed. This is a great starting point for those with tight shoulders. I also keep my knees in front of my torso so that my lower back doesn't arch to compensate for scapular elevation.

I fail to see the carryover to weight training / bodybuilding with one exception.
(See below.)

But hey, do I know?

come in.

the punishment.

I wasn't aware, but according to the doctor in the video, when hanging with your arms up vertical the head of the humerus moves the acromium process up. I guess somehow that must provide more space between the shoulder bone and the arm even when you are no longer hanging? Not sure.

Watch that video linked. It's nice and short too.

I wasn't aware, but according to the doctor in the video, when hanging with your arms up vertical the head of the humerus moves the acromium process up. I guess somehow that must provide more space between the shoulder bone and the arm even when you are no longer hanging? Not sure.
Hanging, in conjunction with Active Release Therapy, helped me break up adhesions around the humeral head. Now it glides properly in the socket.

(See below.)

But hey, do I know?

come in.

the punishment.

You actually can dead hang completely on your ligaments/tendons but it’s more advanced training. It’s called passive hanging vs what you’re describing active hanging where you engage the lower traps which literally lifts your body (think the bottom portion of how a pullup is started.

For anybody interested in protocol (sets, time, progression) google ido portal.

Watch that video linked. It's nice and short too.
Correct. It’s called distraction. Donnie Thompson has hundreds of videos on different distraction techniques

I use the bands and do the Dante stretches. Cant do a broom-handle yet. But does feel good.
Ill check out those vids that some of the folks posted here as well, it can all help...

I am kind of amazed that I have written about "broomstick dislocates" and "dead hangs" for decades now and people forget about it.

1) Everyone should know about broomstick dislocates....ive written about it so many times I cannot bring myself to write it up again. There is a video on my IG page.

2) As picture shows I have people do dead hangs from a pullup station or chin bar or some similar apparatus....again the reason is impingement. People especially bodybuilders sleep on their sides sometimes and greatly impinge their shoulders when they go into deep REM causing massive shoulder problems. So I have them do dead hangs on chin bars combined with broomstick dislocates to greatly un-impinge their shoulders. I also have gone into cervical pillows to keep C-disk alignment which is another massive problem in bodybuilders and the reason you see alot of older bodybuilders having atrophying of biceps and triceps. Your neck is not supposed to be jutted forward during sleep for 8 hours a night 365 days a year and losing its natural curve.....doing so will bring on nerve problems over time and an atrophy of the limbs of the upper body. I guarantee you there are older bodybuilders reading this right now wondering why their triceps etc are receding with age and THIS IS THE REASON....you have been jutting your head forward for years propped up on a pillow 8 hours a night and something (triceps biceps) pays the piper for that longterm damage. I also believe highly in decompressing the neck disks at certain times (see picture with traction device and chains)....but this is a very carefully done movement and I dont feel like talking about it at this time because some crazy dude will do it all wrong and im not going to have that on my watch....its a very strictly controlled stretch that is measured and it causes almost immediate relief of both symptoms and etc

3) I also have people do extreme stretches after bodyparts are trained and thats what heavy hitter is talking about in this thread. I have people stretch their lats out in a weighted position after they train back....and its similar to the dead hang visually but you stretch lat width and not so much from the shoulder. You do this by leaning back during the stretch slightly and raising your legs slightly forward.

Attachments

• IMG_2762 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2762 (Small).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 34
I am kind of amazed that I have written about "broomstick dislocates" and "dead hangs" for decades now and people forget about it.

1) Everyone should know about broomstick dislocates....ive written about it so many times I cannot bring myself to write it up again. There is a video on my IG page.

2) As picture shows I have people do dead hangs from a pullup station or chin bar or some similar apparatus....again the reason is impingement. People especially bodybuilders sleep on their sides sometimes and greatly impinge their shoulders when they go into deep REM causing massive shoulder problems. So I have them do dead hangs on chin bars combined with broomstick dislocates to greatly un-impinge their shoulders. I also have gone into cervical pillows to keep C-disk alignment which is another massive problem in bodybuilders and the reason you see alot of older bodybuilders having atrophying of biceps and triceps. Your neck is not supposed to be jutted forward during sleep for 8 hours a night 365 days a year and losing its natural curve.....doing so will bring on nerve problems over time and an atrophy of the limbs of the upper body. I guarantee you there are older bodybuilders reading this right now wondering why their triceps etc are receding with age and THIS IS THE REASON....you have been jutting your head forward for years propped up on a pillow 8 hours a night and something (triceps biceps) pays the piper for that longterm damage. I also believe highly in decompressing the neck disks at certain times (see picture with traction device and chains)....but this is a very carefully done movement and I dont feel like talking about it at this time because some crazy dude will do it all wrong and im not going to have that on my watch....its a very strictly controlled stretch that is measured and it causes almost immediate relief of both symptoms and etc

3) I also have people do extreme stretches after bodyparts are trained and thats what heavy hitter is talking about in this thread. I have people stretch their lats out in a weighted position after they train back....and its similar to the dead hang visually but you stretch lat width and not so much from the shoulder. You do this by leaning back during the stretch slightly and raising your legs slightly forward.
I also use dead hangs forever low back distraction. You have to allow your toes to touch the ground so you can relax your hips forward and it puts tons of traction on the low back. I do this between sets of rack dead’s and sldl’s to relieve some of the low back pump I get....and it also helps relieve the sciatica that I sometimes get.
I do dead hangs unweighted for shoulder health after rotator cuff and band work. I find that roaring softly from side to side feels very good like this, and I do weighted hangs or the doorknob stretch like you mentioned for lat stretching and growth. All these have been very beneficial and at 39 I have ZERO shoulder problems and have turned what was a weak back into a strength with years of consistency at this

Those with shoulder issues, what do you feel contributed to them?

Age.............and being a dum dum when I was younger. Barbell bench presses is what really gave me shoulder issues.

hey bud. whats your instagram name so i can follow u and some of your techniques. Much appreciated.

If it's painful snap, crackle, and pop all the way around, and no amount of stretching or warming up seems to help, you could look into shockwave therapy (ESWT). But if you can treat it yourself easily, using simple stetching and physical therapy, then that's the way to go. I never had nerve impingements, I had hardened scar tissue from so many dislocated shoulder repeats on a rock face. Mine were a mess from hanging, additional hanging/stretching wouldn't have helped me. Last resort, they go in and scope it out and rinse it away (lavage).

If you have bone Spurs/arthritis in the shoulder—no amount of stretching will fix it. It can help a little. But once the Spurs and arthritis get to a certain level, they begins to grind away at the tendons and cartilage. Then you have to surgery to repair the damage. Take care of your shoulders!

For anyone struggling with the broomstick dislocates; I've found that if you've never done them before there's no way you'll be flexible enough to handle a typical broomstick sold at Wal-Mart like Vileda. You need something longer like the stick portion of those janitor push brooms with the giant rectangle. A while back I asked my boss if I could have one and I was able to take it home. Over time of gradually moving inward, I can use a Vileda if I wanted to.

Back in March I changed all my barbell pressing movements to suicide grip with ring fingers around the rings on the bar. This has made my shoulders feel so much better as well. I used to think suicide grip was one of the dumbest things in lifting, but I was wrong and stupid. My grip strength has always been very good in relation to my lifts so slipping is of zero concern for me. People that struggle with this likely rely too much on straps. I only use them for deadlifts and rack deadlifts because I pull double overhand. I see some people use straps for their entire back workout.

I had been a closer presser for well over ten years (standard grip, thumbs-width from the smooth) and I believe it resulted in an imbalance. I'm definitely correcting being front delt dominant. They were getting hammered on chest movements plus any overhead pressing. Going wider has resulted in better chest recruitment for chest exercises and better distribution of all three heads of the delt handling the load on overhead pressing. This may not be universal, but I'm tall (6') with long limbs and this change has been great. I should also add that taking a bit wider stance on squatting movements has eliminated any knee pain as well. The lesson being little tweaks can make big differences.

If you have bone Spurs/arthritis in the shoulder—no amount of stretching will fix it. It can help a little. But once the Spurs and arthritis get to a certain level, they begins to grind away at the tendons and cartilage. Then you have to surgery to repair the damage. Take care of your shoulders!
I can definitely see this being true with spurs. Indeed, depending on the location of the spur(s), certain stretches could only make matters worse. That said, I have Grade IV arthritis in both shoulders and distraction and stretching exercises provide a significant measure of relief.

As with everything it mainly has to do with genetics. In this case ligament thickness, limb length/leverage, skeletal anatomy, etc.

There is no other real answer. Although people will convince themselves its lifting style, diet, etc.

hey bud. whats your instagram name so i can follow u and some of your techniques. Much appreciated.
I found him
On there by searching Dante Trudel

I can’t personally stand following physique/bb accounts, way too much masturbatory self promotion. My IG is full of friends and surfing/climbing/BASE related stuff (my hobbies). But I got DC and JM on there because their content is amazing!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws