over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

great tip for shoulders

I found him
On there by searching Dante Trudel

I can’t personally stand following physique/bb accounts, way too much masturbatory self promotion. My IG is full of friends and surfing/climbing/BASE related stuff (my hobbies). But I got DC and JM on there because their content is amazing!
I totally agree. As much as I love the sport of bodybuilding there’s only so many accounts with big dudes posting shit like “you can make excuses or progress - your choice” or “every day I do what needs to be done to be the best I can be” and blah blah blah you can follow before it gets annoying.

As with everything it mainly has to do with genetics. In this case ligament thickness, limb length/leverage, skeletal anatomy, etc.

There is no other real answer. Although people will convince themselves its lifting style, diet,
Don't genetics merely represent the potential, with training and other factors acting as the effectual causes?

I am kind of amazed that I have written about "broomstick dislocates" and "dead hangs" for decades now and people forget about it.

1) Everyone should know about broomstick dislocates....ive written about it so many times I cannot bring myself to write it up again. There is a video on my IG page.

2) As picture shows I have people do dead hangs from a pullup station or chin bar or some similar apparatus....again the reason is impingement. People especially bodybuilders sleep on their sides sometimes and greatly impinge their shoulders when they go into deep REM causing massive shoulder problems. So I have them do dead hangs on chin bars combined with broomstick dislocates to greatly un-impinge their shoulders. I also have gone into cervical pillows to keep C-disk alignment which is another massive problem in bodybuilders and the reason you see alot of older bodybuilders having atrophying of biceps and triceps. Your neck is not supposed to be jutted forward during sleep for 8 hours a night 365 days a year and losing its natural curve.....doing so will bring on nerve problems over time and an atrophy of the limbs of the upper body. I guarantee you there are older bodybuilders reading this right now wondering why their triceps etc are receding with age and THIS IS THE REASON....you have been jutting your head forward for years propped up on a pillow 8 hours a night and something (triceps biceps) pays the piper for that longterm damage. I also believe highly in decompressing the neck disks at certain times (see picture with traction device and chains)....but this is a very carefully done movement and I dont feel like talking about it at this time because some crazy dude will do it all wrong and im not going to have that on my watch....its a very strictly controlled stretch that is measured and it causes almost immediate relief of both symptoms and etc

3) I also have people do extreme stretches after bodyparts are trained and thats what heavy hitter is talking about in this thread. I have people stretch their lats out in a weighted position after they train back....and its similar to the dead hang visually but you stretch lat width and not so much from the shoulder. You do this by leaning back during the stretch slightly and raising your legs slightly forward.

dante I sleep on my right side and my right shoulder and arm is less developed Thant my left. And I have much harder time connecting to the arm. Is there any at home stretches/ART to do that can help?

I need to look into those pillows

home stretches/ART to do that can help?
I had forgotten all about ART. Thanks for reminding me about that. We discussed that on here (well, I read bc at the time I had never even heard of it). That's when my problems first started getting bad a little after I turned 30. I no longer do barbell presses only dumbell presses and the only machine I've found usable for presses is a Hammer sitting incline press (the iso-lateral one).

20210527_174806.jpg

I had forgotten all about ART. Thanks for reminding me about that. We discussed that on here (well, I read bc at the time I had never even heard of it). That's when my problems first started getting bad a little after I turned 30. I no longer do barbell presses only dumbell presses and the only machine I've found usable for presses is a Hammer sitting incline press (the iso-lateral one).

View attachment 135079
YouTube Donnie Thompson shoulder band work for some amazing resources to help rehab those rotators

YouTube Donnie Thompson shoulder band work for some amazing resources to help rehab those rotators
I will. Definitely good movements for shoulders. Both my rotators were so cooked that they scoped them years ago. Also, both left and right humorous bones when standing with my arms out, had movement within the cuff. So they stitched those back up at the same time to tighten them up. I wouldn't say they're like new but definitely refurbished.

All of this is still good to know because I don't want to go through that ordeal again. First one side, then the other. I was in a sling for months (once for each cuff). Healed slow, too.

I like the wide band over the rotator he shows in the first video. Puts zero weight on the humorous bone. That's good. My knees are still solid, my lumbar, cervical, and thoracic vertebrae all look good.

I still do several neck exercises/cervical movements because my cervical disks were showing some dark grey areas meaning they are drying out (just an aging problem). But we can slow or stop that from happening if caught early with simple movements. Might be a good lesson to the younger bucks here. Take care of your bones and joints like you do your teeth. Preventive is everything. Thanks, hh!

One exercise that helped me recover was holding a light dumbell, even 2kg or 5lbs db is fine. I use 10lb db. With one hand and one knee on a bench, let your arm with the dumbell hang and make tiny circles. Slow. The circumference of a dinner plate. Clockwise, then counterclockwise. Switch arms, same. Do this a few times. I'm not taking risks with my shoulders anymore. I need them functional.

I will. Definitely good movements for shoulders. Both my rotators were so cooked that they scoped them years ago. Also, both left and right humorous bones when standing with my arms out, had movement within the cuff. So they stitched those back up at the same time to tighten them up. I wouldn't say they're like new but definitely refurbished.

All of this is still good to know because I don't want to go through that ordeal again. First one side, then the other. I was in a sling for months (once for each cuff). Healed slow, too.

I like the wide band over the rotator he shows in the first video. Puts zero weight on the humorous bone. That's good. My knees are still solid, my lumbar, cervical, and thoracic vertebrae all look good.

I still do several neck exercises/cervical movements because my cervical disks were showing some dark grey areas meaning they are drying out (just an aging problem). But we can slow or stop that from happening if caught early with simple movements. Might be a good lesson to the younger bucks here. Take care of your bones and joints like you do your teeth. Preventive is everything. Thanks, hh!

One exercise that helped me recover was holding a light dumbell, even 2kg or 5lbs db is fine. I use 10lb db. With one hand and one knee on a bench, let your arm with the dumbell hang and make tiny circles. Slow. The circumference of a dinner plate. Clockwise, then counterclockwise. Switch arms, same. Do this a few times. I'm not taking risks with my shoulders anymore. I need them functional.
One thing I would recommend anyone with shoulder or pec problems to look into is donnies bowtie. This thing is fucking magic for the shoulders and pecs and puts pressure on the glenoids and helps keep the humerus properly centered into the socket

Here’s a few more Great movements

Voodoo floss really is fucking magic. Ive cured lateral epicondylitis and plantar fasciitis and several other aches with it

One thing I would recommend anyone with shoulder or pec problems to look into is donnies bowtie. This thing is fucking magic for the shoulders and pecs and puts pressure on the glenoids and helps keep the humerus properly centered into the socket

I don't like to press or, for the most part, pull in mine (deadlifts are different), but I wear it around the house, out for a walk, etc. It's helped reeducate my shoulders and counter all of the hours hunched over a computer. Of course, I reinforce this with rear delt work, external rotator exercises, and the like.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear