Great video on inflammation and site enhancement in the 90's

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer

Thanks for posting Elvia, many parts of the video are interesting and do give food for thought, when Leo mentioned fermented foods and cancer, specifically kimchi and stomach cancer, my initial reaction was one of "that sounds like a load of bollocks" but sure enough as he said, South Corea has the highest stomach cancer rate worldwide, so I´m going to further investigate what Leo talks about and check out his website to make my own mind up.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: nick trigili no thanks.

I know and I agree. Watch the inflammation part from Leo. Leo Rex comes out with some great stuff. I don't agree with everything but he is highly intelligent and worth following for information on well anything to do with the mind and body. I posted the link before I had even watched Nick's part. What Nick said wasn't anything new and just about how the 90's bodybuilders used esiclene in most bodyparts. Although it was very interesting some of the things he stated and the lengths bodybuilders would go and he does know seo. He explains about Flex Wheeler etc. I know Nick generally comes out with alsorts of crap for attention. Half the things he has said in the past have been wrong but he does seem to be much better these days. He always reminded me of a dodgy sales man always out to make money.

Thanks for posting Elvia, many parts of the video are interesting and do give food for thought, when Leo mentioned fermented foods and cancer, specifically kimchi and stomach cancer, my initial reaction was one of "that sounds like a load of bollocks" but sure enough as he said, South Corea has the highest stomach cancer rate worldwide, so I´m going to further investigate what Leo talks about and check out his website to make my own mind up.

Yes that goes against what everyone else states. Everyone is huge on kimchi and sauerkraut etc. He even states himself he loves the stuff as well. I am not sure about that claim as I have read quite the opposite. It's worth seeing just how high stomach cancer rates are in South Korea. If they are the highest and other forms very low it's definitely something to ponder and research further. He probably blitzes certain subjects and gains a fast understanding as he knows about so many so there could be some misinformation at times but overall he is a fantastic source of information.

Korea, China, Japan, mongolia eat more questionable food then kimchi. That idea seems to be overstated.

RIP esciline (sp?)

He basically said it was amazing and always worked. Have you used it? He explained nolotil was very different and could work in some and look horrible in others. He said he had used both. He said Flex never had implants and just used too much site enhancement so they looked really off for a short time. Said how they would load every body part up with esiclene and it worked and it's why they looked so good. How they looked off in some shows because it was hard to get and extremely expensive so they couldn't always use it. I don't know if that is all true but he said he was told from the bodybuilder himself (I assume Kevin). Again he isn't the best source of info but I posted because of the inflammation segment but he does know his site enhancement and if guys want to watch to go for it.

Korea, China, Japan, mongolia eat more questionable food then kimchi. That idea seems to be overstated.

I agree but I haven't looked into how carcinogenic it is. I also haven't looked into the differences in cancer rates in Asian countries but I believe it's eaten in Korea significantly more than others. I doubt it is a major issue but for him to state that after watching many of his videos it's definitely worth researching. I haven't myself yet. I literally was just watching the video (very late in the night) and posted the link about 3/4 of the way into it. A 30 sec google search comes up with alsorts of information and as you I suspect it's overstated. He says himself it's not like you can't eat it but just watch out the amount and I can see the truth in that. Here is once quick study but I am sure there are many other variables. Again a 30 sec search so I am not agreeing with this but there seems to be some correlation between the 2 but there will be other risk factors and it seems overstated.

Kimchi and soybean pastes are risk factors of gastric cancer
Hong-Mei Nan 1, Jin-Woo Park, Young-Jin Song, Hyo-Yung Yun, Joo-Seung Park, Taisun Hyun, Sei-Jin Youn, Yong-Dae Kim, Jong-Won Kang, Heon Kim
Affiliations expand
Abstract
Aim: This case-control study investigated the effects of kimchi, soybean paste, fresh vegetables, nonfermented alliums, nonfermented seafood, nonfermented soybean foods, and the genetic polymorphisms of some metabolic enzymes on the risk of gastric cancer in Koreans.
Methods: We studied 421 gastric cancer patients and 632 age- and sex-matched controls. Subjects completed a structured questionnaire regarding their food intake pattern. Polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1), cytochrome P450 2E1 (CYP2E1), glutathione S-transferase mu 1 (GSTM1), glutathione S-transferase theta 1 (GSTT1) and aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2) were investigated.
Results: A decreased risk of gastric cancer was noted among people with high consumption of nonfermented alliums and nonfermented seafood. On the other hand, consumption of kimchi, and soybean pastes was associated with increased risk of gastric cancer. Individuals with the CYP1A1 Ile/Val or Val/Val genotype showed a significantly increased risk for gastric cancer. Increased intake of kimchi or soybean pastes was a significant risk factor for the CYP1A1 Ile/Ile, the CYP2E1 c1/c1, the GSTM1 non-null, the GSTT1 non-null, or the ALDH2 *1/*1 genotype. In addition, eating soybean pastes was associated with the increased risk of gastric cancer in individuals with the GSTM1 null type. Nonfermented alliums were significant in individuals with the CYP1A1 Ile/Ile, the CYP2E1 c1/c2 or c2/c2, the GSTT1 null, the GSTT1 non-null, or the ALDH2 *1/*2 or *2/*2 genotype, nonfermented seafood was those with the CYP1A1 Ile/Ile, the CYP2E1 c1/c1, the ALDH2 *1/*1 genotype or any type of GSTM1 or GSTT1. In homogeneity tests, the odds ratios of eating kimchi for gastric cancer according to the GSTM1 or GSTT1 genotype were not homogeneous.
Conclusion: Kimchi, soybean pastes, and the CYP1A1 Ile/Val or Val/Val are risk factors, and nonfermented seafood and alliums are protective factors against gastric cancer in Koreans. Salt or some chemicals contained in kimchi and soybean pastes, which are increased by fermentation, would play important roles in the carcinogenesis of stomach cancer. Polymorphisms of the CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, GSTT1, and ALDH2 genes could modify the effects of some environmental factors on the risk of gastric cancer.

This isn't to you because you get it but just highlighting when I post videos I am not stating I believe everything in the video and everyone in the video is a great source of information but do I think it's worth watching... 100%. Most podcasts and videos bore the shit out of me unless they have someone highly intelligent on, make me think (which this did) or they are funny. I hadn't heard much on this before so it's worth going over and deciding for yourself.

He basically said it was amazing and always worked. Have you used it? He explained nolotil was very different and could work in some and look horrible in others. He said he had used both. He said Flex never had implants and just used too much site enhancement so they looked really off for a short time. Said how they would load every body part up with esiclene and it worked and it's why they looked so good. How they looked off in some shows because it was hard to get and extremely expensive so they couldn't always use it. I don't know if that is all true but he said he was told from the bodybuilder himself (I assume Kevin). Again he isn't the best source of info but I posted because of the inflammation segment but he does know his site enhancement and if guys want to watch to go for it.

No, I've yet to ever talk directly to someone who has just heard through the grape vine, it was like a cheat code on show day. I just think it's funny a product that could be worth millions on the black market had its "recipe lost."

I agree but I haven't looked into how carcinogenic it is. I also haven't looked into the differences in cancer rates in Asian countries but I believe it's eaten in Korea significantly more than others. I doubt it is a major issue but for him to state that after watching many of his videos it's definitely worth researching. I haven't myself yet. I literally was just watching the video (very late in the night) and posted the link about 3/4 of the way into it. A 30 sec google search comes up with alsorts of information and as you I suspect it's overstated. He says himself it's not like you can't eat it but just watch out the amount and I can see the truth in that. Here is once quick study but I am sure there are many other variables. Again a 30 sec search so I am not agreeing with this but there seems to be some correlation between the 2 but there will be other risk factors and it seems overstated.

Kimchi and soybean pastes are risk factors of gastric cancer
Hong-Mei Nan 1, Jin-Woo Park, Young-Jin Song, Hyo-Yung Yun, Joo-Seung Park, Taisun Hyun, Sei-Jin Youn, Yong-Dae Kim, Jong-Won Kang, Heon Kim
Affiliations expand
Abstract
Aim: This case-control study investigated the effects of kimchi, soybean paste, fresh vegetables, nonfermented alliums, nonfermented seafood, nonfermented soybean foods, and the genetic polymorphisms of some metabolic enzymes on the risk of gastric cancer in Koreans.
Methods: We studied 421 gastric cancer patients and 632 age- and sex-matched controls. Subjects completed a structured questionnaire regarding their food intake pattern. Polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1), cytochrome P450 2E1 (CYP2E1), glutathione S-transferase mu 1 (GSTM1), glutathione S-transferase theta 1 (GSTT1) and aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2) were investigated.
Results: A decreased risk of gastric cancer was noted among people with high consumption of nonfermented alliums and nonfermented seafood. On the other hand, consumption of kimchi, and soybean pastes was associated with increased risk of gastric cancer. Individuals with the CYP1A1 Ile/Val or Val/Val genotype showed a significantly increased risk for gastric cancer. Increased intake of kimchi or soybean pastes was a significant risk factor for the CYP1A1 Ile/Ile, the CYP2E1 c1/c1, the GSTM1 non-null, the GSTT1 non-null, or the ALDH2 *1/*1 genotype. In addition, eating soybean pastes was associated with the increased risk of gastric cancer in individuals with the GSTM1 null type. Nonfermented alliums were significant in individuals with the CYP1A1 Ile/Ile, the CYP2E1 c1/c2 or c2/c2, the GSTT1 null, the GSTT1 non-null, or the ALDH2 *1/*2 or *2/*2 genotype, nonfermented seafood was those with the CYP1A1 Ile/Ile, the CYP2E1 c1/c1, the ALDH2 *1/*1 genotype or any type of GSTM1 or GSTT1. In homogeneity tests, the odds ratios of eating kimchi for gastric cancer according to the GSTM1 or GSTT1 genotype were not homogeneous.
Conclusion: Kimchi, soybean pastes, and the CYP1A1 Ile/Val or Val/Val are risk factors, and nonfermented seafood and alliums are protective factors against gastric cancer in Koreans. Salt or some chemicals contained in kimchi and soybean pastes, which are increased by fermentation, would play important roles in the carcinogenesis of stomach cancer. Polymorphisms of the CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, GSTT1, and ALDH2 genes could modify the effects of some environmental factors on the risk of gastric cancer.

This isn't to you because you get it but just highlighting when I post videos I am not stating I believe everything in the video and everyone in the video is a great source of information but do I think it's worth watching... 100%. Most podcasts and videos bore the shit out of me unless they have someone highly intelligent on, make me think (which this did) or they are funny. I hadn't heard much on this before so it's worth going over and deciding for yourself.
It’s an interesting idea to make you think. I haven’t heard of kimchi causing cancer studies till now. Lots of conflicting studies about soy beans. South Korea has longer averaged lifespan then the US. They eat stinky fermented soy bean paste (tofu. I like regular tofu.) That stuff is disgusting. And soybeans in about everything else. Yet Korea and Japan has some of the longest average lifespans and oldest people in the world. Would be fascinating if they proved chemically free kimchi to cause cancer at any rate let alone the worlds highest. We learn more each year. I remember milk was good for you and now it’s like put down the 2% milk and grab the almond milk lol!

Half the things he has said in the past have been wrong but he does seem to be much better these days. He always reminded me of a dodgy sales man always out to make money.

Nick is pretty damn stupid and Leo must have a hard time hearing his ignorance on drugs and anything that has to do with biology. I think Nick actually was a car salesman.

He posted on IG about what an incredible SARM MK-677 was. I told him it wasn't a SARM. He basically called me an idiot, "of course we call it a SARM to sell more" lol.

Nick is pretty damn stupid and Leo must have a hard time hearing his ignorance on drugs and anything that has to do with biology. I think Nick actually was a car salesman.

He posted on IG about what an incredible SARM MK-677 was. I told him it wasn't a SARM. He basically called me an idiot, "of course we call it a SARM to sell more" lol.

I remember going through one of his Q and A's were he answered about 50 questions (diet, aas, peps, supps etc) and half were simply wrong. I think he has improved recently but he is all about sales. Nothing wrong with wanting to make money but I think he would do just about anything to do so. He now says he always stated sarm's were great but I have seen him state they were complete crap and then a few years later he starts selling them and they are all great. Everyone can change their opinion but it's obvious with him. We can all change for the better and he seems to be much better now so I want to be positive but his past tells a story.

Leo seems to be quite intelligent on the "longevity" front when it comes to the science, but what I can't stand are the constant bullshit shots he takes at Dante. I have no idea what he has against him, but it seems like every other podcast of his I've listened to some of, he's talking shit about Dante... Not to sit here and kiss Dante's ass, but the guy has brought more to the table in this endeavor than 99.9% of the guys out there, so for leo to constantly be taking potshots at him, really discredits Leo...

The other thing is that he constantly talks about how he "used to be big" and was a "competitive arm wrestler," which may or may not be true, but most guys in this endeavor that are trying to make a name for themselves would at least post a picture or two back in the days when they actually were "big."

IDK... I know none of this matters, but just my opinion though...

Leo seems to be quite intelligent on the "longevity" front when it comes to the science, but what I can't stand are the constant bullshit shots he takes at Dante. I have no idea what he has against him, but it seems like every other podcast of his I've listened to some of, he's talking shit about Dante... Not to sit here and kiss Dante's ass, but the guy has brought more to the table in this endeavor than 99.9% of the guys out there, so for leo to constantly be taking potshots at him, really discredits Leo...

The other thing is that he constantly talks about how he "used to be big" and was a "competitive arm wrestler," which may or may not be true, but most guys in this endeavor that are trying to make a name for themselves would at least post a picture or two back in the days when they actually were "big."

He was never bodybuilder big but he was big-ger.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210114-221604_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210114-221604_Instagram.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 48
He was never bodybuilder big but he was big-ger.

Yes he never says he was big he just means for him. He also tells people that and how he knows nothing about bodybuilding. He is a wealth of knowledge regarding drugs and supplements for cognitive and general health.

Reactions: JJT

I post some of his stuff because of his knowledge and I couldn't care less what he thinks about other people. This is not about personality and who he likes to have a go at. They have a go at Fouad constantly which I disagree with and it's become a bit ridiculous how much he does it. I disagree with a few things he does but he has said himself he is aggressive etc. I also think he has associated himself with some people in this industry he shouldn't have but he later learned about Ameen Alai and cut all ties as one example of someone he shouldn't have paired up with. Regardless, why would that discredit his knowledge as this is solely about his intelligence for me. I do like his honesty with things though and he seems to have lived a very interesting life but that isn't important in regards to why his videos can be informative.

Anyone with a brain who has watched his various videos on SSRI's etc can see he is highly intelligent and it's not just booksmart it's from practical application as well. I don't watch his stuff for bodybuilding knowledge but a lot of the things he specializes in can help with various bodybuilding (and other) side effects. Many people with this sort of knowledge have no practical experience and often no common sense because they lived their lives in books and nothing else. The video was posted for the info on inflammation which I already knew but I appreciate the way he can talk extensively about it. I also think it can benefit many people because he talks a lot about bp medications, statins and various other cognitive, performance, anxiety and health aids.

This guy is not ground breaking or revolutionary.

I know and I agree. Watch the inflammation part from Leo. Leo Rex comes out with some great stuff. I don't agree with everything but he is highly intelligent and worth following for information on well anything to do with the mind and body. I posted the link before I had even watched Nick's part. What Nick said wasn't anything new and just about how the 90's bodybuilders used esiclene in most bodyparts. Although it was very interesting some of the things he stated and the lengths bodybuilders would go and he does know seo. He explains about Flex Wheeler etc. I know Nick generally comes out with alsorts of crap for attention. Half the things he has said in the past have been wrong but he does seem to be much better these days. He always reminded me of a dodgy sales man always out to make money.
LOL HE ACTUALLY WAS A CAR SALESMAN FOR A COUPLE YEARS. SERIOUS TALK SO FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT.......

This guy is not ground breaking or revolutionary.

What people are these days because it's all been pretty much said and done before. Bodybuilding is very basic. His knowledge comes from academic/medical studies so it's all second hand information. Although his videos on SSRI's and similar topics are very interesting/detailed and he does use some very new and relatively unknown drugs so it's probably going to be as ground breaking as you can get on you-tube (not much at all) in regards to overall health.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity